• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sad that by this time in gw1s life they had released 2xpacs.

We got scarlet and sand.

BartTFI.png

You're comparing two entirely different - and non-competing - styles of game, that have two different entirely different business models, just so you can whine on an internet forum about how things aren't "the way they're supposed to be"?

Go on. It's 2015. Do it for another year, non-stop. I'm sure this year will be the year ArenaNet listens to your incessant, self-centered bitching and goes, holy crap, let's kiss that bookah's boo-boo and give him the xpac he says he wants but would probably just bitch about that it isn't 100% exactly what he imagined it would be.

Don't you think it's about time you build a bridge and get over yourself? Nobody. Cares.

Your idiotic single-sentence drive-by posts are so incredibly pedestrian, I could write a script to post as you and nobody would know the difference. You contribute nothing to this thread, ever, other than adding that style of background hum found on GameFAQs, where the eternally displeased try to get someone, anyone, to care that they're unhappy with what they got.

So GW2 doesn't live up to your precious idyllic halcyon memories of GW1. That's sad, it really is.

Get over it.

You got sand in the wrong area again?

See above, sit on it, and spin yourself as you please. Your entitled attitude and smarmy cliche-ridden posts are about as useful as a wet fart. Which is apt, considering your habitual thread-shitting. I'm still not sure if it's just an act, playing the clever idiot to try and get attention, or if you really are that one-dimensional.

Everyone else might keep you two on ignore so they don't have to see your banal shticks, but I think you're toxic to the guild's culture. And everyone's just too damn nice to tell you off, since nobody wants to be the bad guy. You idiots don't deserve the good graces you've been given.

Happy New Year.

markot

Banned
So yeah, a douche should get the sand out of those hard to reach places.

My memories of GW1 were 'this game is shit'.

The fact that Anet was able to build content for it at a rapid pace, and put it in the game, was good.

They forgot how to though, now we have 'living story'.... well not now, its on break for christmas! Cause even evil plant dragons respect the holidays! 2 new areas added in 2 years? New dungeons?... ?

Oh well, at least the ballsed up the China launch in the mean time. Thats something?

But no, its great. I mean, if people complain why would things change? Thats not how it works, you have to pray 5 times a day at the altar of Colin for things to go your way.

Retro

Is Markot importing fresh, steaming loads of Reddit discontent again?

Where does your investment in the game come from if apparently the series is swinging 0 for 2 for ya?

He plays this crazy meta game where he can see how much of a game he can play before they'll refuse to give him a refund for it.
1sm067roll8turv.gif

markot

Banned
Where does your investment in the game come from if apparently the series is swinging 0 for 2 for ya?

I like the combat system, I like the wvw. (Havent dont much wvw in ages though)

Living story is a complete failure. Their update system is a shambles. Their 'communication' with the player base is terrible.

Oh hey, easter is coming up soon though, I guess we can look forward to another 2 month 'break' in the story. Plus halloween, I almost saw someone doing the content last time!

Meanwhile we get boxes in boxes in boxes full of crap that no one wants. A cynic would say its a way to sell more bag space. A more reasonable person would call it bad design.

I hated the first game, I played the beta for abit and the demo. It was shit.

I liked this, but then I realised that they dont know what theyre doing. Wvw is fun and so is the combat system. I play it occasionally.

Well, at least theyre concentrating on trying to make this game a winner in the competitve gaming scene. I mean if wow couldnt do it, why cant gw2? (Besides the exact same reasons)

Also I hang out here all the time?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Happy New Year GAFGuild! A special thanks to all our officers who keep things running smoothly, and a big shout to all our new members, either new to the game or getting to know the guild. Rest assured you are in the best guild in the history of existence.

May all the precursors you desire make their way to your 2015 inventories.

Levyne

Banned

Living story is a complete failure. Their update system is a shambles. Their 'communication' with the player base is terrible.

Oh hey, easter is coming up soon though, I guess we can look forward to another 2 month 'break' in the story. Plus halloween, I almost saw someone doing the content last time!

Meanwhile we get boxes in boxes in boxes full of crap that no one wants. A cynic would say its a way to sell more bag space. A more reasonable person would call it bad design.

I liked this, but then I realised that they dont know what theyre doing. Wvw is fun and so is the combat system. I play it occasionally.

Well, at least theyre concentrating on trying to make this game a winner in the competitve gaming scene. I mean if wow couldnt do it, why cant gw2? (Besides the exact same reasons)

Well you drive down the block pretty frequently.

This post of yours actually has some flow to it. People might not shun you so much if you didn't just drive by and be as curt as possible as some attempt at poignancy or whatever it is you're trying to do.

If you were hung up on the abrupt summer Story break we had this year, I would be right there with you, though in a more muted fashion, I suppose. I'm not sure why you're so hung up on the winter break, though. I'm sure the developers appreciated having some time off.

As for content flow/pace, I absolutely hate speculation, so I'm not really going to say much until whatever this late January thing is. I don't have high or low or no expectations, I'm just not even going to be thinking about it.

TBH, people complained almost the exact same thing with GW1. Lack of communications, Beyond updates were slow/weak. But in a sense of box sales, store revenue, and player retention, GW2 is clearly the winner.

If and when GW3 is released sometime in the future, people will be complaining about the exact same things.

I'm surprised people liked the expansions in GW1 though, all I heard about when I played that game was the "good old days of vanilla."

hythloday

TBH, people complained almost the exact same thing with GW1. Lack of communications, Beyond updates were slow/weak. But in a sense of box sales, store revenue, and player retention, GW2 is clearly the winner.

Players have complained about those things for every other MMO I've ever played.

Happy New Year, GW2GAF. May this year bring you and yours happiness!

Shiokazu

last time i tried to login my authenticator started bitching, i couldnt log in in the end.

:( im sorry, but happies stuff for you all people. i miss missions.

Retro

last time i tried to login my authenticator started bitching, i couldnt log in in the end.

:( im sorry, but happies stuff for you all people. i miss missions.

Jeez, any idea what went wrong? Change phones recently or something? Try customer support, they're usually pretty quick.

We miss having you, Vilja, have a good new year.

Tech-Wolf

I just learned 2 important thing on how to rock lupi with guardian in Arah and it felt really good.

First, people kept saying to use Wall of reflection on the wall but they kept forgetting to mention that I needed the trait to cast it at a distance so that I could put it literally on the wall to create a roof with it. All that damage, fun time indeed. I always they they wanted the WoR against the wall and us to hide in the hitbox of WoR.

Second, zoom all the way out, seriously. I was struggleling with my camera to see what lupi was doing until someone said to zoom out, I could finally see what was going on target stuff well. The joy!

Sorry to brag but those discovery made me go WOW! Arah is finally fun to do!

And Also, Happy new year all!

Note that my new year resolution for GW is to try to spew less idiocity in guild chat, it will be hard but I'm gonna try.

Someone asked me to track the win/loss after the PvP update changed the matchup engine, and I remembered to get a decent sample.

500 - 144 (Win)
34 - 500 (Win)
502 - 366 (Loss)
500 - 75 (Loss)
500 - 317 (Loss)
500 - 153 (Win)
501 - 359 (Win)
277 - 503 (Win)
500 - 52 (Win)
500 - 419 (Win)
500 - 264 (Win)

The first thing I noticed after the update was that I was suddenly getting a lot more wins than losses. Wins still felt a bit rotflstomp most of the time, but then again so did losses. Felt like there were more close matchups than before, but because of the new Dailies making people try new classes every day, I don't think the data is reliable in any way. That, and I still roll Unranked matches - I'm not even sure if Unranked does any kind of matchup balancing based on PvP ranks. Did feel like matchmaking took a bit longer than before the patch.

The new daily system has been rather useful at getting me to try professions in PvP I usually ignore, like Elementalist, Mesmer and Necro. Playing as a profession is a great way to learn how to play against them.

Second, zoom all the way out, seriously. I was struggleling with my camera to see what lupi was doing until someone said to zoom out, I could finally see what was going on target stuff well. The joy!

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but with Lupi against the wall I have a hard time seeing that he's putting his hand up to dodge the grubs (just because he's so big..). If I try to angle the camera any more than I usually do it clips through the ground or through Lupi himself which is less than useful.

Levyne

Banned
I had an interesting pvp match yesterday. It was on Legacy of the Foefire and we had some guy running his mouth the whole time on our team. He was telling us how we were playing the map wrong, not doing things worthwhile. We were losing a close match, but at the point most people on the team were pushing 100, this guy had 10. Points can't indicate much, but it was enough of a disparity where it was like "man, come on." This guy kept going on about how he was always stuck on bad teams, blah blah, other people in my group kept quipping back at him, all in map chat. It was needlessly dramatic, blah blah, I kept quiet. Silly internet shouting match. We were losing, but eventually we manage to win some even fights on the other points and then wipe the blob at the center to tick on all 3 for a good while to pull to near even. However, things started to tick back against us and it looked like we were gonna lose a close match. However, in the nick of time this drama queen ending up taking out the lord while it felt like at least 3 of each team were trying to swing the last contested point to try to outtick the other team to the end. I was glad that he had the ability to sneak in and do that and get us the win, but of course instead of being glad and high-fiving, yada, he just went on about how he carried the team, despite not really contributing up until that very last point. If we had rushed the lord all together, we would have probably either been out-ticked to the loss, or gathered all the enemies at the keep and who knows the outcome. So us ignoring his demands and keeping the last point contested and him going to the lord solo was probably the only way we win that.

I dunno why I shared that. There's no real moral to the story or neatly put together argument to be made for anything, but people made things really uncomfortable by shouting at eachother when no one really needed to. Worst win feeling ever.

WvW is a lot more fun in a small, party-sized group than in a zerg. I enjoy capturing stuff, but it is even more exciting when we come across another small group. I really liked our tiny GAF foray today.

Thorgal

PSA : the Recipe for Light of dwanyna has increased in price exponentially .

From 4 G to 129 G

If you have any go sell them naow .

Retro

WvW is a lot more fun in a small, party-sized group than in a zerg. I enjoy capturing stuff, but it is even more exciting when we come across another small group. I really liked our tiny GAF foray today.

Havoc squad > zerg any day. With white swords being off it's especially nice because that was the only thing that could prevent a havoc from sweeping through and flipping unmanned towers.

Expansion-worth of minigames confirmed.

I would like to see them at least finish Bar Brawl and the Shooting Range, and maybe bring back the Golem Chess mini-game on bigger boards. Polymock would be neat, as would a unified "Activity Currency" and special rewards, but I'm not holding my breath

Wanderer5

Even through I have the Quip, sometimes I would change the skin to the Aetherized Pistol which I still love a lot (would be a awesome suggestion, but it not cheap to get now sadly). And maybe someday I will end up getting that damn Teq pistol.XD

Retro

As someone with a full set of Aetherized weapons on my Engineer, I have to agree; it is both the cat's pajamas and the bee's knees.

It is the Beecat's Pajamaknees.

I don't think I'll ever need any other skins for my Engineer.

hythloday

As someone with a full set of Aetherized weapons on my Engineer, I have to agree; it is both the cat's pajamas and the bee's knees.

Reserving the name "Beecat Pajamaknees" for the expac.

I'm not really assuming there will be an expac.

Wanderer5

Heh for a while I was pulling off a Aether look (I still have the set), and even nowadays I pretty much mostly still use the Aether shield.

Retro

Heh for a while I was pulling off a Aether look (I still have the set), and even nowadays I pretty much mostly still use the Aether shield.

That shield is the greatest, and now that Magnetic Shield doesn't root me to the ground I can love it even more.

I actually bought the Aetherized Hammer skin too, just in case Engineers get Hammers some day.

Moondrop

Banned
Your idiotic single-sentence drive-by posts are so incredibly pedestrian, I could write a script to post as you and nobody would know the difference.
Classic.

I'm torn between the Ley Line Pistol, and the Fractal Pistol skins myself. I ran Ley Line for a long time, but Fractal is growing on me.
Fractal Pistol is indeed the best pistol skin; my mesmer rocks it in PvP.

I'm missing GW2 right now; won't be able to play for another week. 2015 goals include learning my two remaining professions (necro and guard), organizing more GAF PvP, and hopefully shaking off my WvW burnout.

spiritfox

Yeah, it's one of the better ones depending on colour. I prefer the Aetherized Pistol though, but not for that price.

Aetherized has too many unneeded moving parts for me. I still like the simplicity and charm of the Calcite revolver. It's an ivory and gold revolver, how awesome is that!

Ran a Beginners Fractal Group tonight with Latharaes, Ser Davos Fleet, Rina Wolk and Dying Melody. I think Dying was somewhat familiar with Fractals, but Lath, Ser Davos and Rina had never done them before at all. It was a great run: we pulled Charr, Cliffside and Thaumanova, with Molten Facility as Boss fractal.

QHm8Ult.jpg

k3pPQmp.jpg

It was an incredibly smooth run (even at difficulty 1). We took it slow, I explained the fights as best I could (through the whiskey I was nursing), and everyone did exceptionally well, even on Cliffside's more tricky Seal bits. I love taking new people through Fractals, since it's such great content to experience, especially when there isn't that pressure to perform perfectly that PuGs bring.

GAF is best.

Ludovico

Dear Diary:
Today, I ran fractals for the first time.

First, we ran through the fiery fields of Ascalon during an assault on the nasty humans.
(due to the conditions, all photographic evidence of said encounter was lost).

Then, for some unknown reason, decided to free a colossus:

At this point, it became pretty apparent that our tour guide was quite inebriated.
But, we managed to make it out alright, and even got a thanks from the big guy:

Our next stop - the Thernova Reactor.
Our goal - something to do with this girl named Scarlet, that I missed a lot of the first time around but apparently she's back or we're back in time or something.

Anyway...
Much ass was kicked, and we even made it out of the boss fight without it bugging on us:
"I am wireframe Ganondorf, hear me roar!!"

Last, we found ourselves in some underground cavern, confronted by:
These two wild and crazy guysssss:
We put a quick stop to their dance party.

Good thing, as our 12-slot bags were overflowing with blues and new currencies and ascended orbs which I knew nothing about.
All in all, today was a good day.

Thanks guys!

... but Lath, Ser Davos and Rina had never done them before at all.

I've done 6 fractal runs before this one >>. I had to do it 5 times for Mawdrey (wearing it on my back in the screen!). Only rolled the asura one once though, and I don't remember the thing about the blob at all somehow. Only thing I remember about that one is the final boss being like the Ganondorf fight from OOT - must've been one of the first fractals I did a few months ago.

I've somehow never managed to roll Snowblind or Swamp (easiest one, I hear). I got Mai Trin 4/6 of those times =p

Thanks again for teaching, was much appreciated. I learned some things I didn't know despite running fractals a handful of times already.

Wanderer5

Got a guardian up and running on my alt account, and is basically a revival of the first guardian I had before my love for charr really set in and wanted to main a charr guard for WvW lol. Was planning to run through LS to collect pieces of the carapace armor, but think I good with just the shoulders and gloves.

2015-01-01_00004_zps9a3fae83.jpg

And course gotta show some charr love.:p

2015-01-01_00008_zps24cf20bf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom