• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Yeah, I really want to enjoy P/P on a thief, but it's so rare that single target damage is needed where the daze is still useful (since defiance ignores it) and there aren't much better ways to stack vulnerability and bleed.

Fun to just jog around in PvE unloading on things though.

Minamu

Someone was talking about buying up t6 mats with laurels to get tons of gold (how much are we talking about here?) I might wanna do this, but I also don't know what my 92 laurels are good for otherwise. I've been saving them since forever just in case, but I don't know what to do with them all :lol

Emitan

Someone was talking about buying up t6 mats with laurels to get tons of gold (how much are we talking about here?) I might wanna do this, but I also don't know what my 92 laurels are good for otherwise. I've been saving them since forever just in case, but I don't know what to do with them all :lol

Ascended trinkets and ascended recipes if you don't have them.

Levyne

Banned

I would defintely get an ascended amulet (laurels plus wvw badges) with a utility infusion if you don't have one.

I believe the amulets are 30 laurels, or 20 (25?) with some wvw badges

ZenaxPure

Thief does take a while to open up, but Dagger/Dagger is actually fairly low on my list of favorite sets. I'm not sure directly what you're referring to with regard to "underwhelming,"

Just damage was all, Heartseeker seems to deal a lot compared to everything else once you reach 50%, which is by design I imagine. Really though your copied post pretty much reflects exactly how I was feeling about the skills so far (especially the usefulness of the 3 ability) so I guess I had a better grasp on it then I thought.

Minamu

Ascended trinkets and ascended recipes if you don't have them.

I would defintely get an ascended amulet (laurels plus wvw badges) with a utility infusion if you don't have one.

I believe the amulets are 30 laurels, or 20 (25?) with some wvw badges
Which ones are good for a mesmer then? WvW badges, are those the same as the ones I need to get those super rare swords? I got around 650 of those but need most of them for said weapon (some day...)

Because it's RNG what you get out of a T6 matbag, and the T6 mat prices fluctuate, it varies. Still, here's some data I just collected for you:

10 Laurels for 10 Heavy Crafting bags

Contained / Sold For (Lowest Seller)

4 Vials of Powerful Blood / 2g66s88c
3 Vicious Claws / 1g26s75c
6 Powerful Venom Sacs / 1g27s68c
4 Piles of Crystalline Dust / 88s0c
5 Ancient Bones / 1g84s45c
5 Armoured Scales / 2g28s35c
2 Elaborate Totems / 79s30c
1 Vicious Fang / 37s30c

Total: 10g59s51c

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, if 3 laurels for 3 t6, and you can roughly ballpark 33.3s per, then it's basically a gold per laurel.

Edit 33.3 silver is probably lowballing, too, but it makes the math pretty.

Zeroth

I recommend keeping your laurels until we hear the news though. As it is, the exchange won't be removed in one day, but they could announce something that could greatly value laurels. Waiting won't cost you much, if at all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wow, the ruined PS I have only heard, but actually playing it... wow. Just wow.

Also no more free superior sigil of force :(

Wanderer5

Wow, the ruined PS I have only heard, but actually playing it... wow. Just wow.

Also no more free superior sigil of force :(

You talking about the missing fear arc? Still bewilder that those stories were taken out.:(

Also find it really silly that the destroyed waypoints haven't been restored yet.

Emitan

Waypoints become asura only. Everyone gets game changing racials. Suddenly everyone only wants charr for warrior and engineer etc

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I did all of Dragon's Reach Pt 1 achievements.

All except fucking Don't Knock Yourself Out

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the random ceiling rocks. I just need that to get 10k AP damnit ;_;

You talking about the missing fear arc? Still bewilder that those stories were taken out.:(

Also find it really silly that the destroyed waypoints haven't been restored yet.

Not just that, the rearrangement of the last chapters. It's so weird and convoluted.

Jira

Well, I'm at level 11 and loving it. I've done nearly every quest in the first area (for humans at least, I'm a human ranger). I'm going to take a break, but when I log in next I'm going to do the next story mission

Also, Nolan North. I just can't quit you, Nolan <3.

It really needs to be stated that the Personal Story (green starbursts) are a small part of the game. The meat of the game is Dynamic Events (orange circles on the map). Go out and explore, pay attention to the world and the NPCs. Get lost. I don't know what your experience level is with MMOs, but try to drop the entire idea of laundry list question and just get out there.

MattyG

Banned
It really needs to be stated that the Personal Story (green starbursts) are a small part of the game. The meat of the game is Dynamic Events (orange circles on the map). Go out and explore, pay attention to the world and the NPCs. Get lost. I don't know what your experience level is with MMOs, but try to drop the entire idea of laundry list question and just get out there.
I've been stopping and doing every dynamic event I come across actually!

I started off by doing what I did in the WoW trial and my few hours with FFXIV, which was kind of the laundry list approach. But once I hit level 10 it clicked and I kind of just started playing it like I did Skyrim or Dragon Age Inquisition, just exploring wherever I pleased and seeing what I found there. I started loving it even more when I stopped thinking of it as "another MMO". And I never realized how huge the continent is, so I can't wait to see it all!

YES!

I AM NOW 10K AP MASTER RACE

Grats!

On to 20K!

dmM4voJ.png

Jira

I've been stopping and doing every dynamic event I come across actually!

I started off by doing what I did in the WoW trial and my few hours with FFXIV, which was kind of the laundry list approach. But once I hit level 10 it clicked and I kind of just started playing it like I did Skyrim or Dragon Age Inquisition, just exploring wherever I pleased and seeing what I found there. I started loving it even more when I stopped thinking of it as "another MMO". And I never realized how huge the continent is, so I can't wait to see it all!

Glad to hear that, there's a lot of people who were completely unable to grasp the mindset that only took you 10 levels. Too many people have been ruined by other MMOs to have a certain expectation as to what they do in one. Sadly those same people complain when X game isn't different enough from WoW and then bitch that a game is too much like WoW at the same time. Boggles my mind.

Retro

But once I hit level 10 it clicked and I kind of just started playing it like I did Skyrim or Dragon Age Inquisition, just exploring wherever I pleased and seeing what I found there. I started loving it even more when I stopped thinking of it as "another MMO".

Excellent, that's exactly the right way to go about it. Too many people jumped into it, power-leveled to 80 and then complained there was nothing to do, stuck in the "MMO Mentality" and so hellbent on reaching their own notion of a destination that they ignored the world around them. The worst is when they blame the game for their own obtuseness.

And I never realized how huge the continent is, so I can't wait to see it all!

And it gets a little bit bigger every couple of months.

Edit: I see Jira and Miktar have things well in hand.

Or NCSoft decided they aren't making enough of a profit and the game is closing effective end of the month :)
RIP COH :(

I think considering ArenaNet is like, the only company paired with NCSoft that didn't lay off staff in 2014, we're pretty safe from that. MMO business is rough.

5il3nc3r

Broke my left arm so no GW2 for a while i guess :(

I should be able to do some crafting though, time to finally max out a profession.

spiritfox

For dungeons? Scepter with focus or dagger. They're both super fun but your rotation compared to staff goes from "press 2 sometimes" to "you might need another keyboard to fit all these keybinds".

I main Engie. Bring it on.

Not feeling scepter. Messing around with D/D, seems pretty ok. But I still find staff more fun to play, even if I'm just pressing 2222 in PvE.

You guys remember when we first got into the Durmond Priory Library (Episode 6) I guess, how if you used certain skills you could see the old GW1 Crystal Desert teleporters in front of the Abadon statue?

Wonder if that was some sly hint at us getting to meet the Ghostly Hero (Turai Ossa) in the next episode, or maybe he will use the Crystal Desert portal to travel to the Library.

TexH6VD.jpg
Hype

Lunar15

Why would we go to the Crystal Desert? We haven't fought Mordremoth yet, and he's at the heart of Maguuma.

I'm wondering if we we even fight Mordremoth this season at all. Since we're coming up on the end of the season, I'd guess not.

Why would we go to the Crystal Desert? We haven't fought Mordremoth yet, and he's at the heart of Maguuma.

I'm wondering if we we even fight Mordremoth this season at all. Since we're coming up on the end of the season, I'd guess not.
Yeah I agree with you. Going to crystal desert makes no sense.

We aren't even sure if Mordremoth has fully awoken.

If we're going to the crystal desert, I want to fight my mirror image.

could you imagine being a mesmer, fighting your mirror? thats some inception shit right thurr

I remember exploring when I was newer... the excitement of finding secret things is the greatest thing :D

I accidentally found Scarlet's lair underneath the Priory, and I stared at everything in that room for a good hour thinking I found something amazing. I looked it up and it turns out it's some leftovers from season 1 that are no good to new players :(. It was still really cool to find though, and that excitement for little secret things is what kept me playing the game.

The other exploration thing that I clearly remember is finding the jumping puzzle in the level 2 area in Caledon Forest - I aggro'd too many trolls and I was trying to find a place to get away from them and I fell down the hole into the jumping puzzle. It gave me the option of going back up but I decided to go exploring and I spent like an hour trying to get through the jumping puzzle (platforming too hard).

That is one of the things that I think GW2 does really well over other MMOs. It's probably one of the things that kept me playing after initially getting to 80, which is when my friends got bored and left. (Dungeons are boring because they're just stacking and getting raged at if you don't want to stack, there's no more real progression after hitting max level, blah blah - I could argue that last part though, *you* get better at the game, your character stays more or less the same.)

Thorgal

I decided to reinstall the client ( trying to squash an audio bug With Customer support ) today and for the first time i realized how huge that download is ( 29+ GB)

Even on my very fast internet connection it nearly took 2 hours to finish .

People with capped or slow internet connections have my sympathies .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom