• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned

nataku

I use the SMAA injector, personally. It doesn't work that great, but it's better than blurry FXAA.

I'm know Lump had settings to force things through nvidia inspector, but I'm not sure how far back it was in this thread.

My wallet is a little lighter, but in just one evening I went from this to this:

15297065494104768512_1aj10.png

71 levels in one night isn't too bad. Cooking/Artificing/Jewelcrafting masters.

My HDD is dead, died while playing, I heard this funny sound, 2 secs later game froze, hard shut down took almost 30sec, that is when knew i had some type of hardware failure, the problem is my OS is from a friend and i don't have the key, so i will gonna run win7 on 30day evaluation until he finds the key..

Emitan

12:47 AM <&Emitan> Caithe's secret is that she dyes her hair
12:47 AM <&Emitan> she makes the hair dye from dragon eggs
12:47 AM <&Emitan> thats why she stole it

there's your lore speculation, kos

12:47 AM <&Emitan> Caithe's secret is that she dyes her hair
12:47 AM <&Emitan> she makes the hair dye from dragon eggs
12:47 AM <&Emitan> thats why she stole it

there's your lore speculation, kos
Yeah I guess this is what all speculation here boils down to so its pointless to try.

I think maybe she wants to make the worlds biggest omelette but we shall see on Tuesday.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It feels like I am not getting much with rampager on a pistol pistol for thief, but damn it I love that bouncing bullets trait!

Cathcart

Should I spend most of my gold on a desert rose skin? I probably should, right? Just say right.

Also, thanks for everyone who went on the TA runs last night, and extra supa dope thanks to Levyne for being bossman. Definitely want to get Zyra back there for a few more tokens. Plus I have one of those key things now. And because it's a cool dungeon.

Vinci

Danish
My wallet is a little lighter, but in just one evening I went from this to this:

15297065494104768512_1aj10.png

71 levels in one night isn't too bad. Cooking/Artificing/Jewelcrafting masters.

Most I've ever done is 50 levels in a night, using a similar process as yourself - working on several at a time and keeping their levels tight. But I've never done it strictly through crafting. I don't have - and have never had - the bank account to fund it.

EDIT: One of these days, I need to hook up with some folks and run SE. I've only run a dungeon once before and was turned off of the experience because it went badly*, but I really need to get some tokens from there for some gear I need for my guardian.

* Notice that this is both bolded and underlined. Yes, that badly. Like, worse than any dungeon run I ever had in WoW or any mission in CoH. Just... bad. Bad.

Thorgal

Most I've ever done is 50 levels in a night, using a similar process as yourself - working on several at a time and keeping their levels tight. But I've never done it strictly through crafting. I don't have - and have never had - the bank account to fund it.

EDIT: One of these days, I need to hook up with some folks and run SE. I've only run a dungeon once before and was turned off of the experience because it went badly*, but I really need to get some tokens from there for some gear I need for my guardian.

* Notice that this is both bolded and underlined. Yes, that badly. Like, worse than any dungeon run I ever had in WoW or any mission in CoH. Just... bad. Bad.

Give a shout in Guild chat the next time you are on and want to run a dungeon .

Vinci

Danish
Give a shout in Guild chat the next time you are on and want to run a dungeon .

That's the thing. I never want to run a dungeon; it's just become something of a necessity at this point because of a build I came up with needing things from in there. Once I've run it with some competent folks who don't mind my lack of dungeon knowledge, though, that opinion might change. =)

Thanks!

protonion

So I got this email:

Guild Wars 2 Account Will Be Shut Down Inform

We are sorry to inform you that your login account ******************* will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. If you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate:

Please keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is a global game with hundreds of thousands of players. This means that standards of behavior must be upheld. For your convenience, you can obtain more information about our rules at the address listed below.

Guild Wars 2 Account Support Team

The thing is... I don't have the game! I played the first game many years ago for a couple of months and that's it. There is nothing Guild Wars related in my inbox since then. Should I worry?

edit: removed links in case this is not legit

Levyne

Banned
That's the thing. I never want to run a dungeon; it's just become something of a necessity at this point because of a build I came up with needing things from in there. Once I've run it with some competent folks who don't mind my lack of dungeon knowledge, though, that opinion might change. =)

Thanks!

hey, I'm gonna give a more direct invitation than Thorgal. I'm Levyne Lesovik in game and would love to have you. I run the dungeons with the most competent people in the game. They are also chill as fuck (they put up with me) and have carried my sorry ass through dungeon after dungeon.

I also love teaching them and talking (and talking and talking) and there is virtually no drama in any of our runs, even if we hit a bump or two (which is rare as is). I don't care what class you are or what skills you bring, or if you've never run the dungeon before :)

So I got this email:

We are sorry to inform you that your login account ******************* will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. If you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate:

Please keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 is a global game with hundreds of thousands of players. This means that standards of behavior must be upheld. For your convenience, you can obtain more information about our rules at the address listed below.

The thing is... I don't have the game! I played the first game many years ago for a couple of months and that's it. There is nothing Guild Wars related in my inbox since then. Should I worry?

Sounds like a phishing attempt, but I have no idea about how they would send you the email if you don't have the game.

Thorgal

So I got this email:

Someone is Phishing for your account .
It is a known hacker attempt to get your login credentials .

Ignore it and delete the mail asap .

Vinci

Danish
hey, I'm gonna give a more direct invitation than Thorgal. I'm Levyne Lesovik in game and would love to have you. I run the dungeons with the most competent people in the game. They are also chill as fuck (they put up with me) and have carried my sorry ass through dungeon after dungeon.

I also love teaching them and talking (and talking and talking) and there is virtually no drama in any of our runs, even if we hit a bump or two (which is rare as is). I don't care what class you are or what skills you bring, or if you've never run the dungeon before :)

Awesome. I'll make sure to catch you at some point. I tend to play at very strange times, though, given my work schedule and making sure I spend time with the family. But yeah, I really appreciate the invite!

Thorgal

Sounds like a phishing attempt, but I have no idea about how they would send you the email if you don't have the game.

Count Me in for those dungeon runs too .
don't be afraid , nobody is gonna bite you in there .

Moondrop

Banned
Once I've run it with some competent folks who don't mind my lack of dungeon knowledge, though, that opinion might change.
This is essentially the GAF guild mission statement.

I kept getting focused as a terrormancer so I tried out a minion master. Instantly I knew this was more my speed (and consequently I was getting little out of my previous utility lineup- two require landing a hit, flesh wurm is an underwhelming teleport, and plague stomping is a narrow use on that cooldown). First impression is spirits/pet mix plus death shroud shenanigans and I get to keep 2/3 of my condition transfers- yes, please. I used dagger/dagger+staff, cleric amulet, consume conditions/bone fiend/shadow fiend/bone minions/flesh golem. Minions seems to provide enough cover to survive and good damage; will continue to investigate.

In other news, several new sigils and runes had slipped by me. I put 4 runes of evasion on my beastmaster to give my pets more fury/swiftness uptime, though I'm not sure that's better than summoning a parrot. And runes of the trapper, oh my- that makes me rethink some choices.

Vinci

Danish
Count Me in for those dungeon runs too .
don't be afraid , nobody is gonna bite you in there .

It's not so much concern over my own ability.

There was just a lot of drama and dying and fighting and... yeah, I didn't appreciate the vibe. Spent most of the time sitting there quietly and thinking, "Is this just the way it is, or what?" Just total chaos. By the end, I had decided that WvW was something I enjoyed and would likely just keep to - because dungeon running? Wasn't for me. Not if that's how I was going to have to spend my time.

But yes, I absolutely believe it would be better with GAF members, so I'm less concerned about it at this point.

And runes of the trapper, oh my- that makes me rethink some choices.

Learned of these yesterday, and have already rebuilt my ranger around them. Just awesome. Can't wait to test it, because in my head? It's evil. Like, ridiculously evil. Like some evil, evil mixture of thief, ranger, and guardian (lots of heals).

Moondrop

Banned
Learned of these yesterday, and have already rebuilt my ranger around them. Just awesome. Can't wait to test it, because in my head? It's evil. Like, ridiculously evil. Like some evil, evil mixture of thief, ranger, and guardian (lots of heals).
My dilemma is twofold. First, can I just slap them on my nomad ranger and run with it- it would be about causing wvw havok, not damage anyway, right? Maybe you could also take viper's nest for poison and 30 in beastmastery for quickness on pet swap to specialize in spiking.

The second part of my dilemma is could I make my thief even more of a trolly backstabber with a trap build (yes).

Thanks!

Hit me up for dungeons in game anytime we're on at the same time, I'm in EST and I usually play after work and most of the day on weekends if I'm at home. I can teach you some of the more common paths if you'd like. I'm almost always up for dungeons when I'm on (unless it's midnight and I'm about to go to bed...) My acct name is appletoasty.7062 and I'm usually on Latharaes although I've been making an effort to get at least one other lvl 80 toon =P (been playing since May, it's probably about time to stop clinging to my elementalist).

I was the same as you before I joined GAF, I tried to run some explorable dungeons with PUGs after hitting 80 and I had probably the worst experience possible. I told them I didn't know what I was doing at the beginning, they ignored me and ran ahead, and when we got to a part where I didn't know what to do other than DPS stuff (that one part in CoF1, you all know what I'm talking about..) they called me a troll and said they were going to report me for being an asshole and wasting their time etc etc. I ended up logging off GW2 for a week because I was so pissed off, and I didn't touch dungeons for a few months after that. Then Hawkian scooped me up and I joined GAF and they restored my confidence so it's all bueno now. A big thanks to everyone who put up with me during my first few dungeon runs, I'm sure it was very painful but I appreciate it. I don't die most of the time in dungeons now ;D

Levyne

Banned
There was just a lot of drama and dying and fighting and... yeah, I didn't appreciate the vibe. Spent most of the time sitting there quietly and thinking, "Is this just the way it is, or what?" Just total chaos.

Chaos can sometimes still happen (infrequently), just due to the nature of no trinity or defined aggro, it happens. But GAF groups take it way better than any others. We "messed up" a Crucible of Eternity part the other day involving a computer that spawns veterans when its used, but the group was competent enough to pick up anyone that went down and just..deal with it without drama. A pug group would have been looking for someone to blame and shout at.

Vinci

Danish
My dilemma is twofold. First, can I just slap them on my nomad ranger and run with it- it would be about causing wvw havok, not damage anyway, right? Maybe you could also take viper's nest for poison and 30 in beastmastery for quickness on pet swap to specialize in spiking.

How about this? Do you play late at night? One night, our two ranger trap builds should run around and screw with people in WvW. Because I'm pretty sure two rangers running around with those runes, even if built differently otherwise, would be a cause for account suicides.

Moondrop

Banned
How about this? Do you play late at night? One night, our two ranger trap builds should run around and screw with people in WvW. Because I'm pretty sure two rangers running around with those runes, even if built differently otherwise, would be a cause for account suicides.
I'm on Jade Quarry server. But we can try to coordinate when we're the same color for EotM and test it out.

Also need to decide what weapons; greatsword seems a given, but I don't want to use longbow... probably need horn for swiftness and to blast heals and frost armor.

Vinci

Danish
I'm on Jade Quarry server. But we can try to coordinate when we're the same color for EotM and test it out.

Also need to decide what weapons; greatsword seems a given, but I don't want to use longbow...

See? Two sides of the coin. My build with those is longbow and shortbow. Because it's wrong and evil and probably illegal somewhere.

EDIT: I had considered the horn, but... I mean... the runes give you super speed and stealth simultaneously. I'm not sure speed is much of an issue at that point.

Moondrop

Banned
See? Two sides of the coin. My build with those is longbow and shortbow. Because it's wrong and evil and probably illegal somewhere.

EDIT: I had considered the horn, but... I mean... the runes give you super speed and stealth simultaneously. I'm not sure speed is much of an issue at that point.
Ok, thinking on this a bit more the ideal set is dire, isn't it? Tanky but still able to pump out condi pressure. Then you can go Fire Trap over Viper's Nest for more stealth and because you'll have poison elsewhere. Namely shortbow, which becomes the optimal weapon choice because it can finally fulfill its destiny of using stealth to flank and apply bleeds. Sword/torch probably best pairing, but defense of greatsword is tempting.

Vinci

Danish
Ok, thinking on this a bit more the ideal set is dire, isn't it? Tanky but still able to pump out condi pressure. Then you can go Fire Trap over Viper's Nest for more stealth and because you'll have poison elsewhere. Namely shortbow, which becomes the optimal weapon choice because it can finally fulfill its destiny of using stealth to flank and apply bleeds. Sword/torch probably best pairing, but defense of greatsword is tempting.

See, the way I'm approaching it is very crit oriented, along with condi. Shortbow is there because, well, I have a lot of Steal Health stuff in the build, and Shortbow has the fastest attack speeds of the choices. Longbow is principally for long range - my build is not tanky at all - and for its stealth and knockback. I have a mix of Zerker and Rampager, but yeah, Dire is a great choice depending on how you want to approach the build. I think it will work lots of ways.

Moondrop

Banned
See, the way I'm approaching it is very crit oriented, along with condi. Shortbow is there because, well, I have a lot of Steal Health stuff in the build, and Shortbow has the fastest attack speeds of the choices. Longbow is principally for long range - my build is not tanky at all - and for its stealth and knockback. I have a mix of Zerker and Rampager, but yeah, Dire is a great choice depending on how you want to approach the build. I think it will work lots of ways.
Indeed, the best part of this trapper rune is that it only constrains your ranger build by 6 trait points and you can spec anywhere from offense to defense. Still it's probably time for me to move on from nomad; I won't destroy the gear yet but the enhancement of beastmastery was underwhelming.

So I got this email:

100% a phishing attempt. While the email pretends to look legit, the links in it go to a fake website. If you hover over the link, look at the bottom-left of your browser for where the link *actually* goes. The link takes you to a fake login portal: you enter your username and password, and voila - they have access to your account. Or at least, they'll try: if you have two-factor authentication, that'll stop them there, so I do recommend it regardless.

Always remember, links can be made to look legit, but then go to problem sites. As an example:

http://www.legitsite.com/login.php

Notice the url seems legit, but if you hover over it and look at where it's really going to, the fake site that tries to steal your login details uses it's subdomain to catch you off guard.

As seen on reddit, they try doing it with in-game mail too: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2rvowj/ingame_scammers_still_on_the_loose/

aZqyOJB.png

Note the numbers after guildwars2.com - those are a pretty good giveaway that it's a phishing site. And ArenaNet mails sent in game will have an ArenaNet icon to separate them from player mails.

Levyne senpai, please teach me graces, kthx.

He can only teach "good" graces. Have to be very specific.

Reddit reminded me of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...der_tomorow_is_the_last_day_to_start_getting/

Last day to get Star of Gratitude. Thought I'd post it here since we have a bunch of new players.
Takes 3 days total to get. Guide in the link above.

PS. This might only be that last day because it was part of Wintersday which ends this coming Tuesday. For all we know they might add a new way to get it that is not related to Wintersday on that same Tuesday.

Korten

Banned

Reddit reminded me of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...der_tomorow_is_the_last_day_to_start_getting/

Last day to get Star of Gratitude. Thought I'd post it here since we have a bunch of new players.

PS. This might only be that last day because it was part of Wintersday which ends this coming Tuesday. For all we know they might add a new way to get it that is not related to Wintersday on that same Tuesday.

Yeah just started doing that. Should be able to get done with Day 3 by tomorrow night.

zulux21

as long as i start this tonight I will be fine right?
friday night, staturday night, sunday night, monday night. then patch?
just making sure because I won't be able to play with my wife until after the daily log in tonight.

as long as i start this tonight I will be fine right?
friday night, staturday night, sunday night, monday night. then patch?
just making sure because I won't be able to play with my wife until after the daily log in tonight.

If you start tonight before reset (7pm EST) then you can finish by Sunday before 7pm.

If you start tonight after reset (7pm EST) then you can finish by Sunday after 7pm.

Minamu

The Bell Choir Ensemble is so much fun :lol Guitar Hero inside gw2, sign me up!! finally got a perfect score as well. I think it's pretty good ot be making 60s in six minutes this way by selling the giant wintersday gifts, am I right? Works great for me at least. So close to that Golden title now.

zulux21

If you start tonight before reset (7pm EST) then you can finish by Sunday before 7pm.

If you start tonight after reset (7pm EST) then you can finish by Sunday after 7pm.
thanks for the clarification. is there much use for the item before level 80? from what I am reading the item is used to recycle level 80 stuff right?
The Bell Choir Ensemble is so much fun :lol Guitar Hero inside gw2, sign me up!! finally got a perfect score as well. I think it's pretty good ot be making 60s in six minutes this way by selling the giant wintersday gifts, am I right? Works great for me at least. So close to that Golden title now.

the bell stuff is alright as long as the stupid bug doesn't happen. it sucks so hard when you start and you can't get any notes because the game is glitched.

thanks for the clarification. is there much use for the item before level 80? from what I am reading the item is used to recycle level 80 stuff right?

Yeah it is only useful for recycling Emphyreal Fragments, which if you are not actively going for Ascended weapons fill up the bank pretty quick. Especially during living story updates where they seem to throw a million of them at us.

I got 1000 in material storage and another 1000 in regular bank so eating through that till I have non left then I will probably not use it for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom