• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait till Wintersday is over. It has overstayed its welcome again just like last year.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but don't forget to check out the Gem Store today to pick up a free Experience Booster and a free Transmutation Charge.

Emitan

Can't wait till Wintersday is over. It has overstayed its welcome again just like last year.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but don't forget to check out the Gem Store today to pick up a free Experience Booster and a free Transmutation Charge.
Thank you Kos <3

Spyware

I'm not gonna whine about easy laurels :p and it's not like it's intrusive? I mean, you can whine about the break being long, but focusing on Wintersday being too long seems strange. It's just there in a corner and gives out free stuff.

Mxrz

How did you guys handle GW1 where festivals were the only real events, and they were usually a months apart after the Halloween-Wintersday-CanthaNewYear-palooza.

Gold acquisition is slower without dungeons, but steady with Teq and a few other bits. It seems like I'm getting a lot more exotic drops. Probably subjective, but often wondered if dungeons didn't have weaker drops by design.

Moondrop

Banned
Ok I've got trapper runes plus new ranger gear and accessories. Some interesting mechanics to the runes regarding revealed:

1) Flame trap and viper's nest: these pulse with damage, and if they're triggered at any point when you're stealthed you will be revealed.
2) Spike trap: the damage/bleed/immobilize application occurs before the stealth, so you will not be revealed if you lay this trap directly on top of foes.
3) Frost trap: doesn't have a damage proc, so will never reveal you. I swear this is one of the most underrated skills in the game.

The other major issue with traps is the ground-targeting trait... I just don't get it. It feels like it introduces a projectile delay, plus any delays from ground-targeting. The paltry 600 range does not seem worth it, especially with so many great traits in that line.

My new hobby is mousing over Ike's character on my friends list and watching their level rapidly rise.

15297065494104768512_7pkpc.png

Minamu

Geez, I've been reading the achievement box way wrong for the longest time. I thought the Golden title was for having 100g, not 200g. And I thought I'd get it today when I finally reached 100g xD

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I take it that redoing a path after you finished it is a bad idea due to reduced rewards right? I bet the tokens are reduced too.

I take it that redoing a path after you finished it is a bad idea due to reduced rewards right? I bet the tokens are reduced too.

You won't get the 'first clear of the day' bonus chest, but actual diminishing returns on the normal rewards doesn't kick in unless you really grind a path.

Explorable mode gives a standard reward of dungeon currency, gold, and experience at the completion of a dungeon path as well as a bonus chest for the first completion of any given path each day per account. The standard reward gives 20 pieces of the respective currency, silver, experience and karma. Subsequent runs give 15 and 10 dungeon currencies respectively.

So basically, first run is 40 tokens + 20 tokens. Second run is 15 tokens, third is 10 tokens - and I think you just get ten each time after that.

Anno

Somehow just fought off a 30 minute siege in Hills listening to "Separate Ways" by Journey on repeat...and now it might just be the most epic song ever.

Ludovico

Not nearly as long a fight, but fighting Shadow Behemoth, using my Necro, while blaring Rammstein was about the most metal thing I've done so far in GW2.

Jira

Obviously take this with a grain of salt, however, a major analytic firm in SK (Daewoo) is expecting the following revenue from GW2 in 2015:

Q1 - 21m USD
Q2 - 19m USD
Q3 - 82m USD
Q4 - 48m USD

They expect 2m sales from an expansion, of course it's at this point entirely an assumption on their part.

For Wildstar they expect

Q1 - 3.6m USD
Q2 - 3.6m USD
Q3 - 3.6m USD
Q4 - 2.7m USD

That translates into just over 1m a month for Wildstar which probably just barely pays the employees.

zulux21

That translates into just over 1m a month for Wildstar which probably just barely pays the employees.

I would have tried out wildstar more in the beta had it not had a monthly fee, but in general monthly fee = will not play, thus why I have guild wars 2 instead :p

so with the star item that i needed to start today to get... i hear there are jumping puzzles on day 3... are they easier than the wintersday jumping puzzles?

Jesus H Christ, GW2 does 100 million per year, but that thing shows 80 million in quarter three. What's NCSoft's stock like right now? I sold thousands of dollars of my Walmart Stock the other day at almost 90$/per share + quarterly dividends. I'm not afraid of quick real-world cash.

Anno

I believe the same Daewoo Securities group that has been predicting an expansion since sometime in 2013. All will be apparent in a few weeks hopefully.

Jira

I believe the same Daewoo Securities group that has been predicting an expansion since sometime in 2013. All will be apparent in a few weeks hopefully.

An important distinction is that in 2013 they said one was being worked on. In 2014 they said one is coming in 2015. Now they say Q3 2015 specifically.

I'm still a little nervous on foreign stock (KRX); despite my credit card waiving all foreign transaction fees up to $25k. But I just don't want to kick myself on buying stock like I did with Nintendo in 2007. :X

Anno

I don't really doubt them. Certainly everything points to that being at least a possibility, and a local (and rather established) investment firm I'm sure has some level of insider information. Here's to hoping!

so with the star item that i needed to start today to get... i hear there are jumping puzzles on day 3... are they easier than the wintersday jumping puzzles?

Yes. The Wintersday one is more of an "event" JP, while the ones you'll be visitng to get the kid's toys are just regular ones in the world, all very easy.

Retro

Hey gang,

Just wanted to stick my head in and say I probably won't be at missions tomorrow night or Sunday. My brother is in town so the only time I've been on the PC has been looking up how to get to places, showing him a few games and that's about it.

Pretty damn good news if that forecast pans out to be true, though I'm a bit sad it's not sooner. Guess we'll see what kind of situation we can expect on Tuesday for any kind of hints as to where the story is going.

zulux21

Yes. The Wintersday one is more of an "event" JP, while the ones you'll be visitng to get the kid's toys are just regular ones in the world, all very easy.

good. I totally gave up on the wintersday one as they were way to hard... maybe if I took the time to reprogram guild wars onto a controller with easy camera control and proper movement for platforming, but no way I could easily do it on WASD and using the mouse to move the camera :/

MattyG

Banned
I ran into my first big group event boss today...

wlqc2a.gif

SO. GOOD.

Oh, and how do I do guild chat? I saw some of you guys talking in it, but I didn't know how to do it. Do I need to type /guild before my messages or something?

Aquila

I mentioned it to Hawkian last week and he said he would try to be on. Officers can start guild missions too, just in case.
Checked the roster out of boredom... never realized there was such a large clique of officers. I expect missions to start 2 hours late and a karka jamboree.

I ran into my first big group event boss today...

SO. GOOD.

Oh, and how do I do guild chat? I saw some of you guys talking in it, but I didn't know how to do it. Do I need to type /guild before my messages or something?

Surprised Shadow Behemoth lasted long enough for a screen grab. Just wait until you get to some of the later zone bosses.

/gquit switches you back to map chat.
lol Please don't do that.

Retro

SO. GOOD.

Yeah, Shadow Behemoth was the first one I ran into too, so he's always one of my favorites. That and he's kind badass lookin'.

Surprised Shadow Behemoth lasted long enough for a screen grab. Just wait until you get to some of the later zone bosses.

I dunno when the last time you played was, but they changed all of the World Bosses quite a while ago. Shadow Behemoth is one of the few who doesn't go down faster these days (Fire Elemental usually goes quickest, I've found).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You won't get the 'first clear of the day' bonus chest, but actual diminishing returns on the normal rewards doesn't kick in unless you really grind a path.

So basically, first run is 40 tokens + 20 tokens. Second run is 15 tokens, third is 10 tokens - and I think you just get ten each time after that.

Ah... that's one huge drop .

Aquila

I dunno when the last time you played was, but they changed all of the World Bosses quite a while ago. Shadow Behemoth is one of the few who doesn't go down faster these days (Fire Elemental usually goes quickest, I've found).

I can't even recall when I last fought Behemoth. I barely log often enough to stay current with the updates. If his health is in line with Caledon Wurm's, then that sounds reasonable to me.

I need a good source of gold outside of dungeons. What are good farm spots?

-World Boss train, boss every 15 mins entire run is 3 hours
-Crafting rare greatswords only if you have a lot of t5 mats.
-Black Lion Key farm, this is a luck farm though, and it's F N boring..
-If you run guild missions and have a lot of coms, get the weapon inscription and sell those for quick cash(check which sells for a lot first)
-You can always gamble in the forge, it's very risky.
-You can make Mystic Weapons in the forge and sell them if you have the Mystic Coins and Skill points to burn.
-You can Chest Farm in Silver Waste and hope for the best.

I don't farm mobs like some people do, i just gamble in the forge last night i had 10s to my name lol but i got Spark, now i am gonna build up like 20g and gamble that away in the forge and hope i get lucky, this way i can pay for Incinerator with another Precursor...

Moondrop

Banned
I've become interested in Death Shroud-based builds. These are generally zerk, and my ele has an ascended staff... thus my necro can steal the staff, backpiece, and accessories- perhaps the strength runes too. This will of course require me to remake the ele with another stat, perhaps celestial.

I think playing necro is corrupting me (as does thief).

spiritfox

Celes eles are all the rage nowadays.

Been playing with D/D for my ele, and I'm finding it very fun. I still prefer staff for its AoEs and support, but it's fun just zipping around mashing buttons and whipping stuff.

Been playing celestial stat ele for months, it's great. Recently finished an ascended armor set on him. Damage is lower than zero, of course, but it has solid sustain and can take hits while being good enough for dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom