• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5il3nc3r

Well, you can simply only fight with the guild your representing? Or maybe there would be a 24-hour cooldown before you could fight with another guild in GvG?

Yeah that could work. In fact when i think about it being able to join multiple guilds in a GvG scenario might make things more interesting. You can never fully trust you fellow guild mate, he might be a spy for a rival guild! It''ll add some intrigue to GvG, i could imagine being a mole, feeding information to a rival guild, destroying gaf guild from the inside.

I could see something like making people pick a "primary" guild and setting a limit on your ability to change it.

Maybe a gem fee, like for server changes, heh.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Heh, surprise - I got two carapace coat boxes after bringing my ranger! Apparently you can also get it from the bonus chest.

With luminiscent out of the way I got all ascended, and so I got Arthropeda. The only weapons I need now are Boot Blade, that skull torch, that purple sword thingy, Genesis, Crustacea, Sacrifice Blade, and King's Remembrance.

...man they are expensive.

Is the Karmic Converter worth it?

The haunted strawberry patch in Diessa Plateau is one of my favorite secret areas

Wait, that was supposed to be haunted?

Spyware

Heh, surprise - I got two carapace coat boxes after bringing my ranger! Apparently you can also get it from the bonus chest.

With luminiscent out of the way I got all ascended, and so I got Arthropeda. The only weapons I need now are Boot Blade, that skull torch, that purple sword thingy, Genesis, Crustacea, Sacrifice Blade, and King's Remembrance.

...man they are expensive.

Is the Karmic Converter worth it?

Nice job!
I just finished that Ascended collection about three days ago and with that I got Crustacea to finish off the Exotic Weps collection. So I have not had the Karmic Converter for many days but so far it's pretty underwhelming. It's mostly been low level sigils and obby shards so far :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
10916364_10152750939709209_7317638781333486025_o.jpg

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/save-the-date/
they are also posting on twitter and facebook using #GW2HoT

Retro

Remember, a new race means all of the armor has to be updated and animations created, while a new class can largely borrow from the existing classes. The ease of implementation from a design standpoint is higher, obviously, but I have to imagine it's more expensive to remake all of those art assets for the new race (unless, of course, they're humanoid, but then what's the point?)

New weapon choices > New Weapons > New Class > New Race

I could see something like making people pick a "primary" guild and setting a limit on your ability to change it.

Maybe a gem fee, like for server changes, heh.

I can't see something like this happening, it's more likely they'll let players continue to represent any guild they want and it will be up to the guilds themselves to decide whether they want their members swapping in and out. In the same way there's nothing stopping two Guildmates meeting in sPVP and fighting / working with each other.

Lunar15

I'm still curious as to whether or not this will be an "expansion", or if they're just branding updates we would have otherwise received in order to drive more awareness.

People expecting a traditional MMO type expansion will probably be disappointed.

Retro

People expecting a traditional MMO type expansion will probably be disappointed.

Yep. I could make a big list of things I think might happen, but the only things I know to be absolutely true are that it won't be anywhere close what everyone thinks of when they hear "expansion" and we won't know shit until next weekend.

The details are a complete mystery at this point, which is exciting because MMO expansions are usually such paint-by-number affairs (for example, FFXIV's upcoming expansion reads like they copypasta'd the WoW playbook, right down to death knights and flying mounts). There could be anything announced on the 24th, and given ArenaNet's philosophy and how long this stuff has obviously been in development (probably since right after launch) there's just no way to know what's coming.

I just want fists for elementalists so I can falcon pawnch.

Realistically, I'll be hyped about any new weapons, but fist-type weapon is at the top of my list :D. I'm thinking like Roy Mustang gloves or some Avatar series-inspired skills.

Retro @ Should Armors going forward be race locked? If we could get a lot more armors, instead of 1 armor, or 2 outfits, because of the ease of making a single set of armor for each race.
Think about it. Asuras and Charrs are always mad that so much stuff doesn't look good on them. So what is really the point?

People are very happy with the output of weapons, but disappointed with the output of armors. It must mean that it is very difficult, and if the outfits are easier, it must be related to clipping, right?

Well, if I was NCsoft and I wanted to give choice and calm the tits of people who will go "ITS TO EXPENSIVE WAH" or "I ONLY FEATURE X, DONT WANT THATT MEHHH BEEHHH" and that sort of stuff.

You could integrate it into the gem store;

entire thing/expansion/campaign/pack, costs 60 Bucks.

But you could then buy things gem-wise. Buy just the new weapon types, 1200 gems. just the race 800 gems, just the new regions 1000 gems, you know?
Buying the whole thing is going to be much cheaper, but for the people who are gonna feel like that Anet are a bunch of facists, because of course they are, might pipe them down a bit.

Spyware

Yep. I could make a big list of things I think might happen, but the only things I know to be absolutely true are that it won't be anywhere close what everyone thinks of when they hear "expansion" and we won't know shit until next weekend.
Yeah, some people in this thread will probably be disappointed. I don't think we'll see anything close to the GW1 campaigns, or even EotN. I really don't know what I even want btw. Not expecting anything, not hoping for anything. Will probably be happy with what ever we get unless they change the core ideas :p

spiritfox

I just hope there's enough content to warrant such fanfare. If it's just more LS or whatever we have now, I don't see why they need to bring so much marketing muscle to HoT.

Ashodin

Would be hilarious if the new race was Mursaat. Villains turned good guys for survival? Sure why not. They're humanoid anyway, so armor would be easy. Just add wing things.

There you go again spiritfox with the pessimism. Be optimistic! :)

Lunar15

I think the only thing I actually want are more dungeons. I think combat needs a revamp, but that's probably out of the scope of this kind of update.

All of the post-launch dungeons have been pretty stellar, in my opinion.

Levyne

Banned
Maybe I'm just a wuss/scrub but I feel like they went a little too far with Aetherpath. Like, no one seems to run it, it's two rooms too many.

Maybe we'll have to get some GAFractal peeps in there and see if some time away has changed my mind (and they can also carry me)

spiritfox

Would be hilarious if the new race was Mursaat. Villains turned good guys for survival? Sure why not. They're humanoid anyway, so armor would be easy. Just add wing things.

I call it realistic expectations.

Maybe I'm just a wuss/scrub but I feel like they went a little too far with Aetherpath. Like, no one seems to run it, it's two rooms too many.

Maybe we'll have to get some GAFractal peeps in there and see if some time away has changed my mind (and they can also carry me)

I still need someone to carry bring me though Aetherpath.

Lunar15

Keep in mind: I'm a "run a dungeon once" kind of guy. I just like new content. Fractals, however, did keep my interest for quite a while.

I need someone to carry me too. >_> I feel like I'll be able to get through Sparki/Slick just fine now that Mai has hazed me but I'm afraid of what comes after that. I have no idea.

Mursaat are the most creepy race in all of Tyria. When you encountered them in GW1 my hairs where standing. They are really cool!

Levyne

Banned
nuu you captured my post before I deleted it, apple please

edit: lol well isnt this silly, I will let this stand so that you all can laugh

Zeroth

If Lev, Spirit and Apple really want Aetherpath, Ike and I can schedule a run. My only concern is having a time where everyone can play.

If Lev, Spirit and Apple really want Aetherpath, Ike and I can schedule a run. My only concern is having a time where everyone can play.

I'm usually on after 5pm EST on weekdays, except Mondays... I go outside on Mondays... and most of the day on weekends unless I have other plans. I think I have someone visiting me on Saturday evening but they won't be here until super late (like after guild missions late).

Minamu

How often do you guys buy gold with either cash or gems? what about other convenience items and outfits etc? Is it that common?

Levyne

Banned
Zyra > SE Golems

also TA blossoms

How often do you guys buy gold with either cash or gems? what about other convenience items and outfits etc? Is it that common?

I used to do bing rewards for amazon credit for gem cards a couple times, but

1.) Amazon stopped carrying cards reliably
2.) I stopped using bing, bleh

I used an xmas gift card to get some gems for a couple character slots yesterday. I will slowly feed them tomes and never play them

Cathcart

That blossom was looking at me funny.

I kinda feel weird about buying gold with cash (or rather cash > gems > gold). I don't mind buying gems for cosmetic stuff, though. I did buy a few dye kits and ended up with an extra rare dye but even selling that on the TP made me uncomfortable so I gave it to a friend.

The real problem is that I'm afraid if I start doing that I'll end up a week later putting Eternity on my AmEx card, lol. I have self control issues. Who do you think paid for League of Legends? That was all me.

Who do you think paid for League of Legends? That was all me.

That game is so free

But yeah, I only use gems for more bank slots or character slots. "Useful" stuff. Next on my list is the salvage-o-matic, but I'm waiting (probably in vain) for it to go on sale soon. I spend gold to buy gems to get any cosmetic stuff like gem store skins or minis... trying to avoid the connection between real money -> in game gold. For one, I'll be broke, but another thing is that I'll get bored of the game too quick if I realize I can just drop a couple hundred and get all my end game goals immediately. I have to remind myself it's about the journey, not the destination.

nataku

Don't care, TENGU

Never gonna happen. They're lazy enough with Charr horns and helms now, I can't imagine how much they would butcher all the feathers coming off Tengu.

You'd basically be a human with a beak and broken legs when putting on armor.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Definitely, using flashbacks as a way to tell past events through the eyes of the NPC is a far more interesting form of storytelling than a speech bubble with some text. Also, from a gameplay standpoint, it allows them to break things up by giving you new sets of skills to use in different scenarios.
I like that, I'm thirsty for any new skills to mess with, but I know a lot of people dislike having their bar taken away.
As much as I enjoyed plowing through all of season 2, this...

...is what really bugs me at the end of it all. I understand why Caithe and the Pale Tree hid the fact that they were wayward Mordrem spawn. Their fledgling civilization would've been burned to the ground the moment the other races found that out, but now they've found out anyway. And the core fleet of the Pact, the only faction willing and able to actually do stuff, was sacrificed for nothing.

In-story, I don't think anyone could have known for sure that Sylvari could be enthralled so quickly and completely. If Trahearne, top Pact leadership, and the nation leaders had forewarning of the Sylvari secret, there could have been contingencies. I like the Pact though, so I'm annoyed that they were made to suffer the Worf effect for the sake of stupidity and selfishness.
I get
not telling top Pact leadership completely. I like them too, but the Pact, and especially the Vigil and Order of Whispers, are highly pragmatic. I can see them saying that the Grove needed to be taken over and put under Pact marshal law. The Charr forces inside especially would probably not have reacted in a way that would have made Caithe happy to have shared.

The Nation leaders, except for the Asura, would make more sense. Smodur the Unflinching in particular would make sense because he is predisposed toward tolerance and would be a voice of reason to his people who would likely be prone to a kneejerk reaction... Rytlock pretty much sounds ready to murder Caithe in the trailer, IMO.

Mostly I don't get not telling Trahearne, specifically. He could just also keep it to himself, and make up an excuse for not going with the Pact to Mordremoth's source. But again all is forgiven if we get to destroy him eventually.

just so you guys know, docbon and I are getting married in ffxiv. kos is not invited
alllllright congrats you crazy kids!

GW franchise will be 10 years this year, and not once in the 9 years 8 months did they ever raise the level cap, I hope this continues..that is my wish list for Heart of Thorns..

Guys I want to make my 4th Legendary please donate the following to me:
- Shield Precursor
- 250 of all T6 materials

Thanks in advance.
You can have the dirt from under my Master Salad Dragon Race Guardian feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom