• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

Any info on when we're getting more info? I thought I remembered reading either in the other thread or on reddit it would be a couple weeks, but I wanted to make sure.

Emitan

Yo, how was it?

Watching the trailer on the huge screen was amazing both times they showed it. The bass was really high so you could just feel it when Rytlock opens the door and the camera zooms around. Also we got t-shirts and pins with the HoT logo. We are both super exhausted because we woke up at like 3am to get there on time and still almost missed it.

Zeroth

Watching the trailer on the huge screen was amazing both times they showed it. The bass was really high so you could just feel it when Rytlock opens the door and the camera zooms around. Also we got t-shirts and pins with the HoT logo. We are both super exhausted because we woke up at like 3am to get there on time and still almost missed it.

Glad to hear that :) Be sure to get some rest!

GJS

I haven't played for a long time and I'm pretty confused on logging in.
All this crap in my inventory that I don't remember what to do with.
My traits have been reset so I don't know what I'm doing there anymore.
Lions arch is in ruins so I have no idea where stuff is either.

Can I get an invite back to the guild if there is space?

GJS.2574 character name Adizem

Ashodin

so with precursor crafting for sure in, I can just save money up for the charged lodestones (360g).

YAY ME I might actually have Sunrise someday!

So if a ranger wields a staff they turn into a druid? new self heal utility and elite skill? why make one weapon act so differently from the rest? what happened to regularly adding new skills and traits to the game as the primary form of progression? none of this is really sitting well with me and now we have to wait weeks before they actually go into details oui

An expansion and no new race? :(

You realize what you are asking them to do? every armor in the game would have to fit the new race because of the wardrobe system, that a lot of work...I am happy for the new class i finally get Human Heavy T3 Cultural, since i have a Charr Warrior and Sylvari Guardian..

I'm hyped beyond description and dying for more details. Not sure how I will manage to contain myself in the coming months.

Give me warrior specialization details, ASAP.

Zeroth

I'm hyped beyond description and dying for more details. Not sure how I will manage to contain myself in the coming months.

Give me warrior specialization details, ASAP.

Glad to hear you had fun.

Please look forward to Warrior's Specialization: Horn guy, with the ability to use Warhorns on both hands.

Can you guys add me to the guild?

patriotgator.4187

Thanks

Gotcha. Hit G, then "Accept and "Represent"

Ashodin

DAT AI gonna be good mang

https://twitter.com/IADaveMark said:
I can now say that I have been working on the expac of @GuildWars2! As Colin said, "b/t now and launch we will give you all the details."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you mean, the game where the 2 new classes were death knight, in a expansion about death knights and lich king, and monk, in a expansion about asian themed pandaran land?

...yes :p
Yes, that's what I mean, I didn't have any idea which was why I asked

pandas spread monkiness :D

putarorex

I just finished watching the archived stream of the expansion announcement. Very nice. I might actually try to craft legendary now that precursors can be obtained through other means the RNG.

My only concern is that there is no release date announced and Season 2 pretty much ends with the expansion in mind. If the expansion isn't release until fall what are they going to do to keep the player base interested? They could have another Dragonbash Festival and another Super Adventure Box release but they would need something else.

Bree

Thinking about getting a Na acct. I currently kick ass on Gandara. (Eu) How many members are active on a daily basis? When do most people play?

BLCKATK

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I've played GW2, left the game with 2 80's, haven't done any living story really and haven't even completed the main quest. Just updated my client, pretty overwhelmed with all the changes. Is there any place I can read up on what I should be doing so I can understand the games systems again? Also, how do I start playing with GAF?

Retro

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I've played GW2, left the game with 2 80's, haven't done any living story really and haven't even completed the main quest. Just updated my client, pretty overwhelmed with all the changes. Is there any place I can read up on what I should be doing so I can understand the games systems again? Also, how do I start playing with GAF?

New / Returning player advice Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112255564&postcount=2

Post your username (name.####) and an officer will invite you asap.

New areas look beautiful!
t1cRNKb.png

9VYVJ4L.png

NouXxVh.png

sc7n9rP.png

Looks like we are seeing screens from Story missions, and the actual exploration of the zones will be awesome, because these zones look massive.

Also I have a feeling that the NPCs following Rytlock might be place holders for Destiny's Edge but they did not want to show them and reveal that they are ok.

Weird how non of the living story characters are shown...they are keeping the story details really close to the chest, which is fine.

I just can't wait.

Hope this releases before I become a father (July) and will not be able to play as much.

Thorgal

Does the server I was playing on before matter? Do I need to transfer?

If you are running in a NA server it doesn't matter as the Megaserver will allow you to play with the guild across every NA server Except for WVW which is server specific .

However , if you are on an EU server you are on a different data center and while you can chat with us , you cannot join the rest of us .

If it is the latter you have 2 options :

1 If you are not particularly attached to those characters you can delete those and afterwards you can choose a new server for free ( most of the guild is on Stormbluff isle , but like i said , outside of WVW it doesn't really matter what NA server you pick ) .

Or 2 , if you want those characters to come with you , you will have to pay a transfer fee where the amount you have to pay depends on how full that server is .

If you go for option 1 be sure to put all the stuff you wanna keep in your bank as those will transfer over with you across servers .

BLCKATK

If you are running in a NA server it doesn't matter as the Megaserver will allow you to play with the guild across every NA server Except for WVW which is server specific .

However , if you are on an EU server you are on a different data center and while you can chat with us , you cannot join the rest of us .

If it is the latter you have 2 options :

1 If you are not particularly attached to those characters you can delete those and afterwards you can choose a new server for free ( most of the guild is on Stormbluff isle , but like i said , outside of WVW it doesn't really matter what NA server you pick ) .

Or 2 , if you want those characters to come with you , you will have to pay a transfer fee where the amount you have to pay depends on how full that server is .

If you go for option 1 be sure to put all the stuff you wanna keep in your bank as those will transfer over with you across servers .

I see. Well I think I will probably just stay on Dragonbrand for WvW and apply to the GAF guild.

New / Returning player advice Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112255564&postcount=2

Post your username (name.####) and an officer will invite you asap.

My username is Resonance.6149.

Thanks for the help!

Cathcart

Dear MMO developers,

Two people can have the same goddamn name. It's really not a problem; it happens all the time. There's like a whole bunch of Mike Cathcarts on the Internet and nothing is fucked as a result of it. Please figure it out because all of the pronounceable combinations of between 3 and 19 English letters are already taken in Guild Wars 2 and I'm not looking forward to meeting everyone's brand new Revenants: Yakjhg, Zaseraslekil and Brnlqiohued.

Mike Cathcart.89534578

PS You guys I might miss guild missions because I've been sitting at the character name screen for seriously 30 minutes now, lol

Retro

Does the server I was playing on before matter? Do I need to transfer?

As long as it's in the North American datacenter, you'll be able to play with GAF everywhere except World vs. World (which is actually server vs. server so they have to keep it restricted).

nataku

DAT AI gonna be good mang

Hopefully it's something game wide, and not just for the expansion zones.

My biggest worry with all this is how they'll handle old zones. I really don't want the feeling like I got with WoW when comparing vanilla zones and new, expansion zones.

I wish more info wasn't two weeks off. It's really weird to me to do this announcement and then go and tell us we have two more weeks until we hear more.

Dear MMO developers,

Two people can have the same goddamn name. It's really not a problem; it happens all the time. There's like a whole bunch of Mike Cathcarts on the Internet and nothing is fucked as a result of it. Please figure it out because all of the pronounceable combinations of between 3 and 19 English letters are already taken in Guild Wars 2 and I'm not looking forward to meeting everyone's brand new Revenants: Yakjhg, Zaseraslekil and Brnlqiohued.

Mike Cathcart.89534578

PS You guys I might miss guild missions because I've been sitting at the character name screen for seriously 30 minutes now, lol

TBH when I first started playing I thought that this game would allow multiple characters with the same name because of the accountname.xxxx thing. I was surprised when that wasn't the case >_<

Shiokazu

Dear MMO developers,

Mike Cathcart.89534578

dude, you can look for names in other cultures... people here do it all time.

like, i have one of the weirdest names in the guild, Viljastyrk. and we still have even more exotic names that sound and look beautiful.

Emitan

Don't know if I can make it to missions. Colin sucked the life out of me
feeling really tired. Just laying in bed right now. Should be there for makeups.

Cathcart

lol

TBH when I first started playing I thought that this game would allow multiple characters with the same name because of the accountname.xxxx thing. I was surprised when that wasn't the case >_<
Yeah, I thought so, too. Basically what Diablo 3 does. Were character names unique before megaserver? I guess they had to be or else there would have been a ton of clashes.

dude, you can look for names in other cultures... people here do it all time.
Yeah, I know. I actually was looking at Celtic names since I was naming a Sylvari. I had an idea of what I wanted and tried a ton of variations but they were all taken. Then I came across one that I figured had to be unique because it was the weirdest looking name I had ever seen. But nope, it was taken. Then I wrote that post to blow off steam, lol. Character naming is always hard for me in RPGs.

Ended up with the old fallback: pick a League character and put junk at the end of their name until it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom