• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Hope this releases before I become a father (July) and will not be able to play as much.

Tryin' to sneak that news in there when you thought nobody would notice, huh?

Congratulations again.

Don't know if I can make it to missions. Colin sucked the life out of me
feeling really tired. Just laying in bed right now. Should be there for makeups.

You had an awesome day that started early. Get some sleep and we'll see you Sunday.

Were character names unique before megaserver?

Yes, because some vicious little douche canoe who hasn't played since 2012 grabbed the name "Retro" on the first night of head start.

Maybe in advance of the expansion they'll strip out a lot of inactive names. I doubt it, since the game is sub free and they want people to come back, but... you never know.

WHAT IS GOING ON? KOS IS GOING TO BE A DAD?

jesus i stay out for 2 months and all this stuff happens!

congratulations kos

I totally missed this!! Congratulations!

Tryin' to sneak that news in there when you thought nobody would notice, huh?

Congratulations again.

Congrats Kos. Name your kid after me.

Congrats, Daddy Luftar!

Congrats and welcome to the club. :)

Thanks guys!

Also thanks for name suggestions. Spoiler
(will probably not take your suggestion)

Ludovico

Tonight's missions are going to be bananas with all these new players. Can't wait!

to all you guys downloading from scratch...godspeed.

Hey guys, I just hit level 30 with my first character. I'm hooked on this game! The combat is a blast. I was hoping I could get an invite into the guild.

Third Engine.6540

Thanks everyone!

maguskain

New player here - so if there is still room - MagusKain.6340

But based on the download speed...might be *days* before I can actually get the game started.

Cathcart

Yes, because some vicious little douche canoe who hasn't played since 2012 grabbed the name "Retro" on the first night of head start.
lol

Maybe in advance of the expansion they'll strip out a lot of inactive names. I doubt it, since the game is sub free and they want people to come back, but... you never know.
Yeah it's really not fair. You never see the guy who got "Bob" running around in an MMO. Just once I wanna be Bob the warrior.

Retro

Guild Missions in 15 Minutes
For any new /returning players who have not participated in missions before and will be able to attend (some folks are still downloading) please post here so I can grab you for my group to make sure I can help you get around.

We normally use Mumble, if you don't have a microphone it is still insanely useful to listen in as missions generally require a degree of coordination.

Godan

Just re downloaded this and it is saying my account has been suspended. I have no idea this has happend as i didnt get an email about. Can only think I have been hacked or something even though my password was random letters and numbers.

Open up a ticket and hope i can get back into my account.

Anno

I'm in the United States - what world should I select if I want to do the GAF guild?

We're based on Stormbluff Isle, but that really only matters for world v world PvP stuff. Everything else is entirely independent of your server if you're in NA.

God dammit I fell for the Colin hypestravaganza again.

Could someone please invite McCheese.4813 to the guild so we can kill plants and build sweet guild castles together

Pollux

We're based on Stormbluff Isle, but that really only matters for world v world PvP stuff. Everything else is entirely independent of your server if you're in NA.

Stormbluff Isle is the GAFguild server, but you can join us for everything except WvW as long as you pick any US server.

Gotcha - I'll try and get something going on there. I'm trying to play on a 2011 Macbook Air so I'm not even sure this is going to work, but for $9.99 I had to try (and I'm building a new PC in April so it'll def. work then.)

Anno

I wouldn't be surprised if it can run at potato settings. It's not a very demanding game outside of some large group encounters.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So I'm dumb and can't remember my password for my account.

Could someone from the guild PM me my display name so I can put it in the request form?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks guys!

Also thanks for name suggestions. Spoiler
(will probably not take your suggestion)

I'm scared for the world where child Luftar's live.

Also, I think you should name your child Gattsby.

New areas look beautiful!

Looks like we are seeing screens from Story missions, and the actual exploration of the zones will be awesome, because these zones look massive.

Also I have a feeling that the NPCs following Rytlock might be place holders for Destiny's Edge but they did not want to show them and reveal that they are ok.

Weird how non of the living story characters are shown...they are keeping the story details really close to the chest, which is fine.

I just can't wait.

Hope this releases before I become a father (July) and will not be able to play as much.

oh man congrats.

hythloday

New player here - so if there is still room - MagusKain.6340

But based on the download speed...might be *days* before I can actually get the game started.

Hey guys, I just hit level 30 with my first character. I'm hooked on this game! The combat is a blast. I was hoping I could get an invite into the guild.

Third Engine.6540

Thanks everyone!

God dammit I fell for the Colin hypestravaganza again.

Could someone please invite McCheese.4813 to the guild so we can kill plants and build sweet guild castles together

You all have guild invites, welcome!

So I'm dumb and can't remember my password for my account.

Could someone from the guild PM me my display name so I can put it in the request form?

Thanks in advance.

Can you give us a hint? I searched 'Granadier' and 'Gattsby' in the roster and they weren't there. We did a culling this week for anyone who hasn't logged on in ~4 months, so I apologize if you were one of the ones culled. Do you still have e-mail going back to when you registered your account? I am pretty sure my account confirmation e-mail had the account name listed in it.

LkPr

Hey all, is there room in the GAF guild? I was a member since GW2 launched but I haven't played probably in almost a year. With the new expansion being introduced any my increasing boredom with Destiny I am jumping back into GW2 and would love to be part of GAF again!

Granadier

Can you give us a hint? I searched 'Granadier' and 'Gattsby' in the roster and they weren't there. We did a culling this week for anyone who hasn't logged on in ~4 months, so I apologize if you were one of the ones culled. Do you still have e-mail going back to when you registered your account? I am pretty sure my account confirmation e-mail had the account name listed in it.

Oh no, Gattsby's been removed!!!

It should be Gattsby.####

Unfortunately I must have done an email purge sometime between 2013 and now, so I don't have the original email.

Pollux

Ok, in case anyone was curious the game runs - barely. I'm on Stormbluff Isle and I've got a lvl 3 Charr Ranger and a lvl 1 Human Necromancer.

I'll play some more tomorrow night, but this will be fun as hell when I actually have a computer that can run it - but until then I think I'll be able to play well enough that I can enjoy the story and level up some characters.

Minamu

Went through most of Bloodtide Coast today with the missus and we gained 9 levels while doing map completion. Excellent Saturday evening spent :)

Granadier

Pmed, and I think I got all invites out, including LkPr since I saw you in LA :p

Thanks!
Hopefully the support ticket pulls through.

That new expansion got me hyped for GW2 again. Might be able to squeeze it in between classes.

Retro

Insanely crazy missions tonight, the sheer volume of people + getting new/returning players around the world + having a second guild tag along on puzzle must have just been total chaos. Sorry if anyone felt things weren't explained, the other guild started the puzzle quickly before we could cover how each room functioned. I hope everyone had fun, at least.

Crazy day too, I feel like I've been at the PC all day fielding questions in the gaming side thread. We've invited almost 15 members today alone and there's still another day left on the sale.

Makeup Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern time, if you're on and can assist your fellow guildies who weren't able to make it to the Saturday missions that would be awesome but it's not mandatory.

There's a game update coming next Tuesday (Jan 27th) that includes some balance changes and possibly something more? No clue yet, watch this space.

There will also be a Points of Interest livestream on Friday (Jan 30), no time yet but those are usually at 3pm Eastern.

Crazy week ahead, stay tuned, GAFalonians.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Got a call from the gf right when tonight's guild stuff started so I couldn't join in. Happy to see this game getting attention again though.

Snackawho

Hello all, game finally downloaded after like 10 hours. Looking forward to playing with you all.

May I request an invitation to the gaf guild?
My username is Snackawho.8241

Cels

did they say anything about changing PvE mechanics on a broad scale? i see on reddit people are discussing that particularly rude audience member who said he expects not terrible PvE from the expansion, but seriously i think the time is nigh for some refinements to the PvE formula.

i'm talking about things like the wide gap between optimal direct damage builds vs condition builds, which is a huge incentive against to building around conditions in PvE. on top of that having more than one condition player in group instance play is even worse because of the condition cap.

then there is the zerker/stacking meta which burned me out from doing PvE dungeons. if people like playing like that it's cool, but i would like the option of playing differently while being just as effective, which again ties back to my desire for condition builds to be as good as direct damage builds.

Maid

Banned
Damn, no matter which option I'm trying to pay, I always get "Payment Authorization Failed", and they haven't responsed to my submitted ticket. Can't you buy it if you are outside of NA or EU?

Zeroth

Damn, no matter which option I'm trying to pay, I always get "Payment Authorization Failed", and they haven't responsed to my submitted ticket. Can't you buy it if you are outside of NA or EU?

I paid with Paypal normally and I live in South America. Maybe it's an issue with your CC info?

Jira

did they say anything about changing PvE mechanics on a broad scale? i see on reddit people are discussing that particularly rude audience member who said he expects not terrible PvE from the expansion, but seriously i think the time is nigh for some refinements to the PvE formula.

i'm talking about things like the wide gap between optimal direct damage builds vs condition builds, which is a huge incentive against to building around conditions in PvE. on top of that having more than one condition player in group instance play is even worse because of the condition cap.

then there is the zerker/stacking meta which burned me out from doing PvE dungeons. if people like playing like that it's cool, but i would like the option of playing differently while being just as effective, which again ties back to my desire for condition builds to be as good as direct damage builds.

Some months back they hired Dave Marks, one of the most well renowned AI people in the world to work on HoT enemies. I mean I know that doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm sure that his AI work will have a large impact on how people approach things.

Maid

Banned
I paid with Paypal normally and I live in South America. Maybe it's an issue with your CC info?

That's weird. I was buying stuff in Play-Asia with my Paypal at the same time as when I made a purchase for Guild Wars 2. I tried to contact my bank and everything is still fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom