• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this look like a weird pale tree to anyone else

Malyck's Pale tree. Another picture further down looks like that tree is gonna get destroyed.

440DSBA.jpg

@Jira, that is awesome. Love that masteries will be included in current zones as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So what happens to the existing Sylvari in our account?

Also how does A/M become the best output damage-wise?

I wonder if I want to beef up my future Revenant with Berserker or go down a different path. I guess Berserker is the safe choice (that or PVT)

Unicorn

Just started. Initial thoughts:

Wow, this runs like ass on my surface pro 2

Why is my chick wearing one of three hideous masks? Can I turn this off?

Intro story is bleh

I'll try this again on my main PC with a controller. I'm just bummed can't play it on the go. I figured MMOs would be really optimized to run on low-end to high-end.

Retro

Big Stuff from PAX South from Colin (supposedly)

You, uh... want to give a source on that comment from WP?

I cannot stress how relieved I am to hear that mastery points will be obtainable in the current world as well. Content invalidation is something that nearly every MMO suffers from due to a focus on treadmills and level cap increases. Glad to see that they came up with a system to avoid that.

Without any details, I'm suspecting that Mastery will work a little like World vs. World Abilities; you earn Mastery points for overcoming a challenge and then invest them into a wide variety of PVE-centric options. It seems fairly obvious that Mastery is a platform upon which they can add new mechanics on a regular basis (same with Specialization, for that matter).

Of course, I think ArenaNet is very good at building content platforms (Guild missions, Fractals) but not so great at utilizing them. When Fractals were first announced, I think everyone kind of thought that we'd see them throw a couple new fractals into the mix on a regular basis, like every 4 months or so. Same with Guild Missions, I thought they'd drop a new challenge or a handful of new bounty targets in every so often but it hasn't happened. Of course, it's very likely none of those things were a priority since they've been working on HoT for a while.

In your equipment panel, there are checkboxes for your head, shoulder and glove slots; uncheck them to hide those pieces.

Emitan

Just started. Initial thoughts:

Wow, this runs like ass on my surface pro 2

Intro story is bleh

I'll try this again on my main PC with a controller. I'm just bummed can't play it on the go. I figured MMOs would be really optimized to run on low-end to high-end.

Hit H to go to the hero menu and go to the equipment tab. Uncheck the checkbox on your head slot (top left box next to your character)

Spyware

Just realised that I should probably take it easy with the leveling of my characters. I only have 16 lowbies left! It takes me less than 20 hours to go from 20-ish to 80 and I found it so relaxing and fun (except those mesmers grumblegrumble) that I was gonna level most of them during the upcoming weeks. If I level all of them before the release of HoT I will have to level 5 Revs in a row. Bad idea :p

Not gonna "prepare" anything for them. I can make bags when it's time and besides that and the level 20 scrolls I won't give them anything special.

Wanderer5

You don't need to touch a GS with your warrior if you don't want to. Play with whatever weapon you like :)

Indeed, Warrior has a really nice weapon set to mess around with. I tend to use Hammer a lot, mostly cause that a WvW meta for war, but I love it regardless.

Ceebs

So I went to login yesterday since I have not checked out this game in a few months and when I went to do the authenticate email, nothing showed up. Tried a few times and still nothing. Checked every filter and folder I have. Sent in a ticket, but I am assuming this is a load issue?

Complistic

So my sweet fx stopped working a while back with the game. What's everyone using? I just want something mild that'll add some aa to the game that doesn't smear vaseline over my eyes.

Retro

So I went to login yesterday since I have not checked out this game in a few months and when I went to do the authenticate email, nothing showed up. Tried a few times and still nothing. Checked every filter and folder I have. Sent in a ticket, but I am assuming this is a load issue?

Hmm... were you the one who set up the e-mail authentication? If no e-mail showed up, it's possible your account was compromised and your e-mail address was changed (thus, it's sending the authentication to this new address).

Then again, they've been having crazy load issues so it may just be that. People buying the game in droves due to the sale has created all sorts of headaches with serial codes being mailed out, it might be impacting authentication as well?

Spyware

So my sweet fx stopped working a while back with the game. What's everyone using? I just want something mild that'll add some aa to the game that doesn't smear vaseline over my eyes.
Was it back when the "bin" folder was introduced (in the game folder)? If so, you just have to move the SweetFX files into that folder instead to make it work.

Saw someone link this, all the concept art shown at pax

http://imgur.com/a/tzJzD

Goddayum.

I remember around 6 or 7 years ago on Guru, one of the artists uploaded massive files of all the artwork they did for Factions and Nightfall. I had several megabytes of it.
Is Daniel Dociu still on the team? I heard somebody said he would retire after GW2?

Also, this guy; https://twitter.com/IADaveMark/status/559039305965113345 ?

I've never seen people be up in arms over an AI programmer before! hmmm

Jito

Banned
Is anyone else who bought it yesterday getting super slow download speeds? I'm only maxing 600 Kb/s for some reason.

Eeeehhhh, I'm stuck on the first zone with a bunch of people in the great hunt, the objective is to accompany eir on the great hunt but the gate does not open.

Retro

Is anyone else who bought it yesterday getting super slow download speeds? I'm only maxing 600 Kb/s for some reason.

A $9.99 sale on the day of an expansion announcement means everyone and their mother is probably downloading the game.

You might try changing which language is selected in the launcher; sometimes the English client has a weird hangup and people have gotten around it by switching to another language (other than french, for some reason) and that does it. You simply change the language back when it's done. Not sure if this will help, but it's worth a shot.

Eeeehhhh, I'm stuck on the first zone with a bunch of people in the great hunt, the objective is to accompany eir on the great hunt but the gate does not open.

Someone is already up there fighting the boss, give it a minute or two and it should advance. I don't think anyone can intentionally troll that spot because the NPCs are killing it fairly quickly too.

Alternatively, log out and back in and it might put you in a different copy of the starting map.

NeoFaff

I bought a new account for the NA servers. Could I get an invite to the guild? :) Acc name is krizalllid.1489

Is there an event in front of the gates with npcs attacking blue worms? I had to do that for it to open.

Someone is already up there fighting the boss, give it a minute or two and it should advance. I don't think anyone can intentionally troll that spot because the NPCs are killing it fairly quickly too.

Alternatively, log out and back in and it might put you in a different copy of the starting map.

I bought a new account for the NA servers. Could I get an invite to the guild? :) Acc name is krizalllid.1489

Is there an event in front of the gates with npcs attacking blue worms? I had to do that for it to open.

I definetly waited more than a few minutes, and there is an event with beast coming out of cages in front of the door, everyone is just killing beasts and nothing happens.

pahamrick

Won a key from a giveaway in a twitch stream. thanks $10 sale. Just waiting for this to download, but I've been interested in the game since before launch and no monthly fee means I should play for sometime.

Soroc

Can I get an invite to the GAF guild? Soroc.2341

redownloaded after retros new thread on HOT. Never really gave the game a full shake back at launch and played a bit yesterday and it is starting to click with me a bit more.

Retro

Dear ArenaNet,

Can the Necromancer Specialization play like Vanguard's Blood Mage?

Thank you very much in advance,

- Retro

redownloaded after retros new thread on HOT. Never really gave the game a full shake back at launch and played a bit yesterday and it is starting to click with me a bit more.

That's usually a profession thing, since each plays so differently you can usually try a different one and end up getting a completely different experience.

In fact, I think a lot of folks who might have been turned off the game probably rolled a class similar to what they'd played before ("Necromancer looks like Warlock, I'll play that" or "Guardian looks like Paladin, neat.") and end up completely put off by how different they are. I think Ranger and Warrior are the two professions that are closest to their genre "standards".

Ceebs

Hmm... were you the one who set up the e-mail authentication? If no e-mail showed up, it's possible your account was compromised and your e-mail address was changed (thus, it's sending the authentication to this new address).

Then again, they've been having crazy load issues so it may just be that. People buying the game in droves due to the sale has created all sorts of headaches with serial codes being mailed out, it might be impacting authentication as well?

Yeah, I have no touched the game in several months, and that email account is not my primary account so I don't check it very often. A compromised account is very possible. Awaiting a reply from the support ticket.

Retro

Guild Mission Makeups in 10 minutes!
For all of our new players, the missions themselves are randomly selected so if you're on, you may not be able to participate unless you're in the 30s or 40s at least. Puzzle is usually 15-25 though, and since those are less combat-oriented you should definitely be able to enjoy those.

It's probably months until HoT but I'm already trying to design my revenant.

GW2 really lacks bigger body types. That's the chubbiest I can make a human.

Yep, I went with the chubbiest human male body and ended up still looking like a beefcake. Norns can get pretty pleasantly plump, at least.

Yeah, I have no touched the game in several months, and that email account is not my primary account so I don't check it very often. A compromised account is very possible. Awaiting a reply from the support ticket.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like. Good luck, for what it's worth they're usually really quick but I have a feeling they're busy as hell today.

squadr0n

Did AreaNet give any indication when HoT will be released? Obviously they didnt give a date but did they imply a release window at all?

Did AreaNet give any indication when HoT will be released? Obviously they didnt give a date but did they imply a release window at all?

HoT will be playable at PAX East in 6 weeks, if that's any indication. People are speculating anywhere between April to August of this year but we don't actually know anything yet.

Mxrz

NCsoft's report thingy expects a big influx of revenue around late summer. So that's my theory. Everyone is hyped, installing, and all that, but it could still be eight or nine months away.

Soroc

Dear ArenaNet,

Can the Necromancer Specialization play like Vanguard's Blood Mage?

Thank you very much in advance,

- Retro

That's usually a profession thing, since each plays so differently you can usually try a different one and end up getting a completely different experience.

In fact, I think a lot of folks who might have been turned off the game probably rolled a class similar to what they'd played before ("Necromancer looks like Warlock, I'll play that" or "Guardian looks like Paladin, neat.") and end up completely put off by how different they are. I think Ranger and Warrior are the two professions that are closest to their genre "standards".

I think originally I was off put by the lack of trinity. I was always a healer in other mmo's so it does take some adjustment getting used to not being a dedicated healer. Also dungeons were so far in at level 30 which was content I was always used to running much earlier.

I tried a warrior and elementalist. Since I've come back I've been on the elementalist and just enjoying the sheer size of the world and exploring looking for the vistas. I think its clicking for me now because I've been looking for a good exploration and lore experience and the combat feels good to me now that I'm not concerned with wanting to be a healer but able to slap some utility when needed.

The game definitely feels a bit daunting and unnerving since there is so much I don't know about the game since launch and that's exciting at the same time :)

Would be awesome to see another class play like vanguards blood mage. What a cool class that was!

NCsoft's report thingy expects a big influx of revenue around late summer. So that's my theory. Everyone is hyped, installing, and all that, but it could still be eight or nine months away.

That wasn't NCsoft but a third party company that happened to get lucky after 3 attempts. (Since 2012 they have said they expected an expansion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom