• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allowing art team to put in pole arms/spears in trailer for expansion if you have no plans of putting them in it is quite shitty.

The answers about adding new races is, I don't know not reason enough not to add them.

Should have had a Tengu introduce the revenant instead maybe, but that would have required them to have used some Tengu character through out living story.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Did Rangers get a buff in the last month or dungeon monsters a debuff? Just did SE3 and I was hitting consistently over 1.8k and with buffs at 3.5k. (to clarify, with a god damn bow)

I hope specializations are the developers answer to class issues. I.e. that taking a specialization limits previously attained traits. Why do I want this? Because Mesmers should get a build with spike damage, Warrior attacks need variety and a Necromancer deserves a build that can deal with environmental enemies such as graveling mounds. But their current class setups are structured in such a way that granting them their wish makes them overpowered.

It's also the perfect balanced situation for those who don't buy the expansion. Grass is greener on the other side, but numbers will lead to balance.

Moondrop

Banned
EDIT: For what it's worth, if someone can create a 'persona' and build that emphasizes spirits and legitimately is something to be feared, I will eat crow on that comment. I've watched Youtube videos and tried it out myself, and nothing ever struck me as particularly effective.
My spirit build is to be feared in PvP, even moreso after today's patch. But I wouldn't run them in PvE or WvW.

Zakalwe

Banned
Any amoursmiths/traders who can give me some advice please?

I have a level 76 Guardian from 2 years ago. Just remembered I levelled his crafting and I have him at 400/500 Armoursmith (Master), and 227/300 Weaponsmith (Journeyman).

I only have 3g 55s, reviewing the trading posts it seems like most items I can make sell for less than the components.

I really remember nothing about the craft system in Gw2, can anyone give me advice on what I can do with my crafting levels and meagre amount of gold?

Thanks.

Moondrop

Banned
I really remember nothing about the craft system in Gw2, can anyone give me advice on what I can do with my crafting levels and meagre amount of gold?
What exactly are you trying to achieve- 500 armorsmithing, making money? Because there are only a limited number of uses for 500 armorsmithing and crafting in general, none of which are required for any mode (except high level fractals). And you're correct in your market analysis; there's little value to your crafted goods (outside of a few time-gated items). Best to look at crafting as furthering your account.

Vinci

Danish
My spirit build is to be feared in PvP, even moreso after today's patch. But I wouldn't run them in PvE or WvW.

Yeah, the lack of mobility other than Hornet Sting / Monarch's Leap would make the build problematic in WvW. It's a nice condi-bunker build, though. I always felt like the Spirits would proc considerably less than 70%. Frankly, I always thought their proc was bugged or glitched to some extent. How do you feel?

And what were the changes in today's patch? I haven't been able to log in since before the weekend.

Excellent dungeon runs with Levyne, Zeroth, Apple and Zyra. Hope I didn't force anyone to kill too much trash =p.

Always a pleasure, Retro =) The runs last night were actually more or less the same as usual except we didn't stack for the bosses. Also we killed that one warden in TA, but he had it coming

That's a nice Canadian analogy you got there

They have chickens in Brazil too, ya turd

Levyne

Banned
Did Rangers get a buff in the last month or dungeon monsters a debuff? Just did SE3 and I was hitting consistently over 1.8k and with buffs at 3.5k. (to clarify, with a god damn bow)

They greatly reduced the penalty for using the autoattack close up, but something you should still try to avoid.

And what were the changes in today's patch? I haven't been able to log in since before the weekend.

This is the preview, I assume the patch notes will be 99% the same.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/preview-of-upcoming-balance-changes/

Cathcart

What are some good runes/sigils etc for a mesmer? :) I only have the default aurora stuff.
For PvE I've been using Ranger runes. Scholar looks pretty good but I probably don't avoid damage well enough for it to be better than Ranger. For sigils I use Force/Accuracy.

Excellent dungeon runs with Levyne, Zeroth, Apple and Zyra. Hope I didn't force anyone to kill too much trash =p.
More Retro, imo.

Yep those four win the Guild Award for Skipbo Excellence with all the skipping they do :p
Uh, I just follow Levyne. Actually I'm kind of wondering at what point I unlock that last sentence as a title.

Emitan

Allowing art team to put in pole arms/spears in trailer for expansion if you have no plans of putting them in it is quite shitty.

Since they're not adding in polearms I love the idea of staff getting polearm skins. BUT THAT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU PUT IN A TRAILER. I was so disappointed when I learned that was just a staff. That was really misleading of them.

Since they're not adding in polearms I love the idea of staff getting polearm skins. BUT THAT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU PUT IN A TRAILER. I was so disappointed when I learned that was just a staff. That was really misleading of them.

Plot twist, when warriors equip a staff they just use it as a pointy stick to stab things with instead of a way to channel magic

nataku

Nope, no way. Don't make a staff look like a polearm. Don't make any weapon look like a completely different weapon type.

It's just a slap in the face of those who have long been asking for that weapon type.

Emitan

Nope, no way. Don't make a staff look like a polearm. Don't make any weapon look like a completely different weapon type.

It's just a slap in the face of those who have long been asking for that weapon type.

I've wanted spear on guardian for years. I'd rather have a spear skin than nothing.

Honestly, I think it makes more sense to just have staves with different skins and have different classes use them differently through animations. Polearms and Staves really aren't that different. They're both Bo Staff just with different "heads."

Lunar15

I've wanted spear on guardian for years. I'd rather have a spear skin than nothing.

Same here. I wish we could get a one-handed spear so that I could rock a spear/shield combo and just make Nephenee from Fire Emblem.

I wonder what the specialization for Guardian will be? My guess is they'll add a bow. They already have a spirit bow, so why not?

Levyne

Banned
What I assume is the balance patch just went up.

Summary page on achievement tab of hero panel shows the log in reward menu.

TsC1yIB.jpg

Minamu

For PvE I've been using Ranger runes. Scholar looks pretty good but I probably don't avoid damage well enough for it to be better than Ranger. For sigils I use Force/Accuracy.
I looked at them and yeah, those things do look pretty good. Quite expensive though but I guess it could be worth it? Compared to not having the runes etc, is it a tangible difference?

Fixed a bug in which outfit dyes reset when changing outfits.
Fixed a bug in which finishers would sometimes reset to the default finisher after interaction with the Hero panel.

Both of these bugs were stuck with me, wasn't a once every few days type occurrence...

Moondrop

Banned
Heh, I guess it's the same size as Ring of Fire, but going from 120 radius to 180 to 240 with traits is just something
120 -> 180 = +225% area
120 -> 240 = +400% area

As a torch user in PvP I say, "Mwahaha welcome to mid. Now burn."

Frankly, I always thought their proc was bugged or glitched to some extent. How do you feel?
I haven't tested the procs as I should but they seem to help in group fights more than 1v1s. My real gripe was with the active procs but they cleaned those up. But the real glory of the spirit build is when you learn to self-res with the elite spirit.

Wanderer5

Looks like they're going to put out stuff for year of the ram.

gw2-plush-ram-backpack.jpg

Awwwwww do want (mini looks nice too). Will end up getting at least one of the two chances are, not only cause they are very adorable but I was also born in a year of the ram.:p I am interested to see what the Red Lantern is going to be like exactly (oh looks like it just going to be another balloon/kite thing).

nataku

What I assume is the balance patch just went up.

Summary page on achievement tab of hero panel shows the log in reward menu.

TsC1yIB.jpg

I really don't like this. All the info I want to know is now at the bottom of the panel and I have to scroll down to get to it. I couldn't care less about where I am in terms of log in rewards - I can figure that out the next day.

Below recently/nearly completed and the account bonus and skins? Sure, that works. Even just a button that opens the log in reward panel, plus the daily achievement list, would work much better.

I just don't see the importance of knowing where you are in terms of daily log in rewards. They never change. Eventually everyone will simply remember what they have next and that will just be wasted space.

Retro

Hmmm...
If you haven’t logged in to Guild Wars 2 since January 13, you’ll want to log in soon to unlock your free access to the latest episode. On February 24, the free unlock period for “Point of No Return” will end and the episode will only be available through in-game purchase. (Source)

Something coming on the 24th, then?

RoKKeR

Hey Guild Wars GAF I am having password/account recovery issues. I haven't played in over a year and went to go change my password, but it requires a serial key or your character name... both of which I don't have. I've scoured my email(s) for a purchase receipt but only have the introductory "Welcome to Guild Wars" emails, nothing with actual purchasing details.

Any thoughts/advice?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hey Guild Wars GAF I am having password/account recovery issues. I haven't played in over a year and went to go change my password, but it requires a serial key or your character name... both of which I don't have. I've scoured my email(s) for a purchase receipt but only have the introductory "Welcome to Guild Wars" emails, nothing with actual purchasing details.

Any thoughts/advice?

Create a support ticket.

I just successfully reset my password that way.

Mxrz

I thought the finisher situation was fixed last patch. That would explain Sunday's comedy of errors.

The speculation videos have killed some of my hype. Mainly about Mastery and PvE. There are people hyping this as some kind of hardcore progression. Like you won't be able to fight mobs deeper in without these things. If that were true, how exactly is that not just another form of the level/gear treadmill?

I have faith ANet wouldn't actually do it like that. This kind of speculation seems more akin to typical mmos than anything they've done. I'm devoted enough to get everything, but I would hate to have to tell some of my casual friends "I'm doing this, but you can't cause you don't have such and such."

What are some good runes/sigils etc for a mesmer? :) I only have the default aurora stuff.

My mesmer currently;

Soldier armor set with Traveler runes. (wvw)
Zerk set with scholar runes (pve mostly)
Rabid set with perplexity runes (more wvw)

Sigils are the fairly standard accuracy, force and fire.

Lunar15

I doubt any of the specialization stuff will make you expressly *better* at fighting mobs, nor will they be a gate to content, it just lets you do stuff differently. It's purely horizontal.

Mastery on the other hand, we don't know enough about. If you could fly but your friends could not, then that gates them off from content that is only accessible through flying. I personally don't find this to be a huge issue, I think it's going to be more convenience than anything. Like, by gliding you can get around faster... it's Anet's form of mounts, essentially. Mastery in languages (they mentioned this) just unlocks more lore stuff for you to read.

Let's be honest, the game needs progression. Both from a player standpoint and a business standpoint. This is a much better and formal system than just achievements, which they have been relying on a bit too much lately. They can also use it as systems to iterate on the future, whereas they didn't really have anything in place for that before. They can add more horizontal options for mastery and specializations depending on what's present in future expansions.

Emitan

I doubt any of the specialization stuff will make you expressly *better* at fighting mobs, nor will they be a gate to content, it just lets you do stuff differently. It's purely horizontal.

Mastery on the other hand, we don't know enough about. If you could fly but your friends could not, then that gates them off from content that is only accessible through flying. I personally don't find this to be a huge issue, I think it's going to be more convenience than anything. Like, by gliding you can get around faster... it's Anet's form of mounts, essentially. Mastery in languages (they mentioned this) just unlocks more lore stuff for you to read.

Let's be honest, the game needs progression. Both from a player standpoint and a business standpoint.

Languages allow you to get to certain places you can't go without mastering them.

Lunar15

Languages allow you to get to certain places you can't go without mastering them.

It will be interesting to see what content is gated and what isn't. I don't think it's the worst thing to gate content by progression, but it shouldn't be main, essential content.

Hi everybody! I had this game at launch but stopped play for a while. Came back and am playing a bunch recently.

I would love an invite to the Gaf guild if possible: sturgboski.1653

Thanks in advance!

Zeroth

Spears confirmed: all you have to do is stack on a wall and you will be able to unlock using spears on the ground.

Sorry Colin, the secret is out.

Hey yall,

My username is Consteche.3918 and my husband account username is Ceezsa.3682. Please add us to the GAF Guild

Hi everybody! I had this game at launch but stopped play for a while. Came back and am playing a bunch recently.

I would love an invite to the Gaf guild if possible: sturgboski.1653

Thanks in advance!

Got ya all! Hit "G", "Accept" then "Represent"

Minamu

My mesmer currently;

Soldier armor set with Traveler runes. (wvw)
Zerk set with scholar runes (pve mostly)
Rabid set with perplexity runes (more wvw)

Sigils are the fairly standard accuracy, force and fire.
Am I assuming correctly that I need 5 or 6 identical runes to get all the bonuses, one per armor piece or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom