• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm trying to install the 360 controller support but my god, the instruction.txt is a mess. o_O Scrolls horizontally forever long. I'll try to work my way through it but I've never seen anything like it lol

edit: the magic of notepad++ comes to the rescue. Default windows notepad was a complete mess haha.
For some reason, github butchers the crap out of the raw text formatting. I think I meant to ask Retro to change the link to https://github.com/hawkian/Gamepad-Mode/blob/master/INSTRUCTIONS.md which you can view online as the more appropriate readme, under the link to the zip...

If you have any questions on setting it up though, feel free to just ask here.

Shengar

For some reason, github butchers the crap out of the raw text formatting. I think I meant to ask Retro to change the link to https://github.com/hawkian/Gamepad-Mode/blob/master/INSTRUCTIONS.md which you can view online as the more appropriate readme, under the link to the zip...

If you have any questions on setting it up though, feel free to just ask here.

My control is inverted somehow. When I'm in camera mode, pressing A will open my inventory instead of jumping. What went wrong here?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My control is inverted somehow. When I'm in camera mode, pressing A will open my inventory instead of jumping. What went wrong here?
yeah, you're locked in pointer mode. What happens when you press the Back button once?
First you've mentioned it, but it's fixed now.
thanks, I guess I just never actually asked after I was rummaging around with the package last month.

I'd really like to put together an installer with a wizard for it, but I absolutely need to make sure it can function with Windows 8 and 10 before I really get into trying to work on the solution again.

Moondrop

Banned
Frankly, I always thought their proc was bugged or glitched to some extent. How do you feel?
Ah, went and tested and now I remember why spirit procs feel underwhelming- it's because there's an internal cooldown of 10 sec. So it's rather wasted outside of team fights.

We found the turkeys in AC1!

WsjbyPb.jpg

gobble gobble

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Really hope that specializations are the developers way of pleasing people who like a class but yearn for other abilities that if granted would make the class overpowered.

I.e. providing a build that can make a class a tank, high damage dealer or healer without ruining the balance. Imagine greatswords allowing Necromancers to finally hurt inanimate objects like Graveling Mounds. What a wonderful world that would be.

Shengar

yeah, you're locked in pointer mode. What happens when you press the Back button once?

It works! Though I'm sure it wasn't that case last time lol
Maybe it happened because I started Xpadder without the Mouse Script (didn't realize about it until I reread the guide). Now I'm hyped again to try the game with gamepad, thank you!

Jira

So...in an interview with someone in the community, Colin mentioned that right after Rezzed (March 12-14), that they're going to go into beta. So presumably a few weeks after, maybe late March or early April.

Maid

Banned
Has anyone succeeded in using a DS4 to play this game? I did some research and every tool I came across can't be used since I'm on windows 8.1.

Ashodin

So...in an interview with someone in the community, Colin mentioned that right after Rezzed (March 12-14), that they're going to go into beta. So presumably a few weeks after, maybe late March or early April.

I'm telling you, launch is August. fits perfectly.

Be sure to check if your GW2 connection is enabled on your firewall.

It hasn't mattered up to this point. I was more wondering if the patch servers are down.

I got it to work with some target line shenanigans to change to a different asset server that I found on the official forums. Weird.

Jira

I'm telling you, launch is August. fits perfectly.

I'm thinking June. I just don't see them betaing an expansion for 5 months when they beta'd the base game for 7. There's way less in HoT than the base game, needs a lot less time to cook.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
May I get an invite please? *****loi.3971

EDIT: Sigh, Gaf masking strikes again. GW2 Nick is K omboloi.3971 (remove the space between the K and o to get my real nick).

Jira

May I get an invite please? *****loi.3971

EDIT: Sigh, Gaf masking strikes again. GW2 Nick is K omboloi.3971 (remove the space between the K and o to get my real nick).

Invited, hit G, click our guild then click the Represent button at the bottom.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So people said A/M warrior is good for dps for inflicting vuln, but what if in a party vuln is always 25?

So people said A/M warrior is good for dps for inflicting vuln, but what if in a party vuln is always 25?
Stick to GS I guess when vuln is 25.

Revenant should not be allowed to swap weapons in battle just like Engi and Ele. The channeling of heroes will probably change weapon skills anyway.

Which feature do you want ANET to do deep dive on first?

I want to know everything about specializatons, first.

Finally watched the lore videos (GW1) and read the wiki about the Living World Season 1 & 2. Damn, so much info.
I still have to read all about the game mechanics, so many things to grasp (WvW seems awesome !), sometimes rather complicated (items' levels, fractals). But i suppose everything will make sense ingame.

Retro

I like axe offhand for the fury and aoe spin. They have been slowly pumping it up for a while now, but I think it's always been pretty solid.

Revenant should not be allowed to swap weapons in battle just like Engi and Ele. The channeling of heroes will probably change weapon skills anyway.

Yeah, we were talking about that last night in guild chat and it makes sense in that there's a light and medium profession that doesn't use swap so why not a heavy? I also agree that different heroes will swap out skills.

Which feature do you want ANET to do deep dive on first?

The jungle itself, I want to know how the biomes work, how interconnected they are, how many zones, etc. Specialization and the Revenant and such are cool, but the big moment for those is going to be playing them one piece at a time. The jungle, on the other hand, touches on everything we do in HoT... it's the big puzzle piece, so to speak.

Stuff like Masteries has to follow that topic as well, we need to know what we're exploring before we learn how.

Zeroth

Finally watched the lore videos (GW1) and read the wiki about the Living World Season 1 & 2. Damn, so much info.
I still have to read all about the game mechanics, so many things to grasp (WvW seems awesome !), sometimes rather complicated (items' levels, fractals). But i suppose everything will make sense ingame.

Things will start clicking as you play the game. Feel sure to ask questions in guild chat too!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Has anyone succeeded in using a DS4 to play this game? I did some research and every tool I came across can't be used since I'm on windows 8.1.
Well :-/ A DS4 would work fine with our solution, but yeah, it doesn't worth with Windows 8 (yet anyway).

I'm sorry!

You may want to look at Immersive Combat Mode alongside whatever key emulation software (like Xpadder or Pinnacle) is compatible with Windows 8. Some indicate that manually installing the DX runtime might make ICM work.

If you do manage to get anything working for you, please post and let me know! I hate that Win8 players can't experience it, it really works fantastically.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I'm considering returning to this game in February after not having touched it since release. I got to level 80 within a week and explored the entire continent and basically just lost interest. The game was really, really fun, but I just couldn't force myself to keep playing. I've been reading up a little on the changes and it seems like there's a lot of them.

I have about a dozen friends that have begun playing again on Far Shiverpeaks(EU) which was the server I originally started at. My 80 guardian is there, but I'm considering just making a new char from scratch.

Anyone got any links to good overviews (lore, gameplay etc) of what I've missed? Any tips/hints if there are new mechanics/skills to consider?

Cathcart

Colin says stop playing your dumb cats:

We don't want to give away too much of that right now, other than to say that if people don't have a Sylvari character yet, it's a great time to make one and have one ready to go for Heart of Thorns. It's really going to be an interesting experience, and a twist that a lot of players are really excited about what it could mean for the game.

http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-interview/

Anno

I'm considering returning to this game in February after not having touched it since release. I got to level 80 within a week and explored the entire continent and basically just lost interest. The game was really, really fun, but I just couldn't force myself to keep playing. I've been reading up a little on the changes and it seems like there's a lot of them.

I have about a dozen friends that have begun playing again on Far Shiverpeaks(EU) which was the server I originally started at. My 80 guardian is there, but I'm considering just making a new char from scratch.

Anyone got any links to good overviews (lore, gameplay etc) of what I've missed? Any tips/hints if there are new mechanics/skills to consider?

I've not watched any of these but Bog Otter usually does good work and they're fairly short. Short videos aimed at "boomerang" players. Sorry for the crap mobile link. If you do watch 'em lemme know if they are any good.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMgOinWh2Y7FbZyBhlqgHoPI2w8_76_1w

Because of this;

I made Gumo Gumo No Baku, the newest GAF Ranger! She is gonna be a pretty crazy Druid one day. I am not a Ranger man, and never will be, but I think she has potential. Once she gets the staff and gets on dat pole, all of Kos' milkshake will bring all the Charrs to the yard!?

And in other news, Mr. Skittlesnickers is now lvl 80. The cutest mesmer in all of GAF.

Cathcart

I also made a Sylvari ranger after the announcement on Saturday. So far I'm really liking that class. It's making me appreciate how much I put myself on hard mode by leveling a mesmer first, especially since I'm playing through the same zones. I keep getting to certain skill challenges or group fights and thinking "Oh here's that annoying thing that killed Zyra ten times" and then I breeze right through it. If only Zyra had a puppy to do all the hard work.

And in other news, Mr. Skittlesnickers is now lvl 80. The cutest mesmer in all of GAF.
That thing is a monster. But at least it's a mesmer :p

Minamu

Which videos are these? :D

nataku

Build templates :p

This please. Especially since we're going to be able to swap specializations now, too. Build templates that let me swap weapons, armor, traits, skills, dyes and specializations are my number one requested feature in HoT.

Which is why they probably won't be in.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I honestly can't let go of my axe offhand no matter what people say.

Also Revenants can use dragon magic, or is it some shit Rytlock likes to put out?

Pro

Will I be able to choose Zojja's Ascended Leggins for my Ascended armor piece after I finish up the Luminescent Collection? Unfortunately I already made the Vision Crystal for the Zojja chest armor, otherwise I'd have taken that one as my free piece.

Levyne

Banned
Will I be able to choose Zojja's Ascended Leggins for my Ascended armor piece after I finish up the Luminescent Collection? Unfortunately I already made the Vision Crystal for the Zojja chest armor, otherwise I'd have taken that one as my free piece.

Yep, you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom