• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiokazu

Isn't the whole reason we got to the moon a side-effect of humans really really really really wanting to kill each other?

On the gold blitzes thing, you can usually find one by watching open world lfg like a hawk and refreshing nonstop.

Or bribing.

I use to think that the best place to be is the sky.

not heavens.

the sky, people cant fly and cant stay there for long periods, there are no floating places, and in the past, the best cities in old rpgs were always floating ones...

i mean, who here remembers Zeal?

Katoki

Little known fact about Pistol 5, Black Powder. It actually does fire a projectile with 900 range if you have a person targetted, and as that projectiles comes out after the powder it usually combos with the smoke field and causes a blind. Hardly anyone uses it for that though. I wish it was more useful at range too.

Expensive to use it that way. I'm aware of it from having that use up a basilisk venom with a target which kind of sucks when you're trying to do the black powder + heart seeker + steal combo with basilisk venom.

I am paranoid mofo I have 12 passwords one for each month, and they range from 1-99 characters nothing is hack proof but i always change my password on my GW account and Email, every month...some of them are so long i have it written down, in the beginning of each year I come up with new Passwords for the stuff I really want to protect..
You are insane.

Katoki

I think there's time to do black powder, basilisk, heartseeker, though I can't remember for sure.

There is. If you happen to be within 900 range and have them targeted so you can steal to them right afterwards, you burn the venom on blinding powder. I'm not skilled enough to click a target in between doing all that and tab targeting may not always be the best choice if there's other stuff between you and the target... like a rabbit.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I am paranoid mofo I have 12 passwords one for each month, and they range from 1-99 characters nothing is hack proof but i always change my password on my GW account and Email, every month...some of them are so long i have it written down, in the beginning of each year I come up with new Passwords for the stuff I really want to protect..

KeePass would make your life so much simpler...

I'd say that's the reason we got there in the 60s and have barely advanced manned space travel since :p

No one you guys want to kill hard enuff then :p

I blame nukes.

But really, we`ve made terrific advances in the period. Space station still blows my mind.
Only reason we havent made more is because you guys managed to lose your key competitor, and thus kept reducing NASA's funds. Here`s to finding materials strong enuff to construct a space elevator. go go graphene o/

Srsly, look at this gorgeous mofo

1920px-STS-135_final_flyaround_of_ISS_1.jpg

Bah humbug. Fortunately the chinese are stepping up their game.

Shiokazu: conterpoint: bioshock infinite.

Moondrop

Banned
Edit: Also on the Smash comments, I'm super looking forward to that game but not enough to sit in the hype thread and lap of each pic of the day they've been doing for the past couple of months. I need those ball scratching threads. Seriously, the game isn't out yet and it has an Official Hype Thread that's already up to OT8.

Yeah, I stuck my head in recently to say Shulk would be the worst option of the Xenoblade cast as a Smash character and it got ugly quick. When you add in their propensity to mock those who take Smash seriously as a competitive fighter, it's best that I lurk.

But I care very much about Smash and I'll be taking the afternoon off next week(!) to play it.

Shiokazu

No one you guys want to kill hard enuff then :p

I blame nukes.

But really, we`ve made terrific advances in the period. Space station still blows my mind.
Only reason we havent made more is because you guys managed to lose your key competitor, and thus kept reducing NASA's funds. Here`s to finding materials strong enuff to construct a space elevator. go go graphene o/

Srsly, look at this gorgeous mofo

Bah humbug. Fortunately the chinese are stepping up their game.

Shiokazu: conterpoint: bioshock infinite.

thats why i said old rpgs.

windcaller have a interesting design, theres some options you can make work with her, but most for light classes would involve mobility, while having a guardian, just a hammer and a good use of the stability shout should resolve the problem.

im having trouble with her, and i cant affort changing equipment. on top of that shes a self imposed challenge of mine " im going to beat her as a elementalist "

im not aiming at liadri, i am just testing my skills.

Katoki

You can use d/d but you'll just be limited to the condition stacking from death blossom and the last hit of the auto-attack chain is all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looks like I want p/d and sb after all, but which weapon should I unlock for ascended, the pistol the dagger or the sb?

Proven

Yeah, I stuck my head in recently to say Shulk would be the worst option of the Xenoblade cast as a Smash character and it got ugly quick. When you add in their propensity to mock those who take Smash seriously as a competitive fighter, it's best that I lurk.

But I care very much about Smash and I'll be taking the afternoon off next week(!) to play it.

Wait, Shulk is a Xenoblade character? I thought they were talking about the annoying guy in Skyward Sword all this time.

Thanks for the JPs tonight (Callunah, Braxzy, Gattsby, Retro, and Kos) you guys are the best!

Callunah I hope you can get your stuff back soon!

BraXzy

Thanks for the JPs tonight (Callunah, Braxzy, Gattsby, Retro, and Kos) you guys are the best!

Stop making me fall!

Group photo, because it isn't a group without a photo. Me and my hobbit minions.

6edVMMP.jpg

Callunah, you can't tell me your face doesn't look SUPER creepy!

Also, I got a mic! Ya'll can stop complaining now hehe.

Stop making me fall!

Group photo, because it isn't a group without a photo. Me and my hobbit minions.

6edVMMP.jpg

Callunah, you can't tell me your face doesn't look SUPER creepy!

Also, I got a mic! Ya'll can stop complaining now hehe.

Photo bombed by your non asura! :(

Morokh

W.. What kind of... I didn't even know Keyboards like that were a thing. What made you go with a none-QWERTY keyboard?

AZERTY is the norm in France and Belgium, in German countries I don't know if it's the norm but they have QWERTZ keyboards as well.

It can be quite a pain when some games (especially indie ones) forget to have an option to change key bindings.

BraXzy

Photo bombed by your non asura! :(

More like you norn-less folk messed up my photoshoot :p

Gattsby just pointed out his brilliantly cheesy smile and I can't unsee it.

AZERTY is the norm in France and Belgium, in German countries I don't know if it's the norm but they have QWERTZ keyboards as well.

It can be quite a pain when some games (especially indie ones) forget to have an option to change key bindings.

That's interesting to know, I knew there were other types of Keyboard but I didn't think it was a common thing in certain places. Damn I can imagine.

Jumping Puzzles are enhanced when doing them with a group and with voice chat.

Also contrary to my belief, Barax doesn't sound anything like Barak. Am dissapoint.

BraXzy

Jumping Puzzles are enhanced when doing them with a group and with voice chat.

Also contrary to my belief, Barax doesn't sound anything like Barak. Am dissapoint.

Jumping Puzzles are indeed enhanced and more fun, especially when you aren't trying to lead me up strange shortcuts that get me killed :p

And no, I do not. I also don't sound whaleish either haha.

Jumping Puzzles are indeed enhanced and more fun, especially when you aren't trying to lead me up strange shortcuts that get me killed :p

You sounded like a British whaler to me.

Regarding story journal, I hope they answer the following questions on the stream today:
- If a new player buys the game after season has started, will they get the season unlocked for free?
- Are they adding new tutorial missions that explain how the journal works?
- If LS2 adds new zones are those behind the 200gem for players that buy the game after season ends?
- How are open world additions actually gonna work when replayed?

It would be cool if rebalanced group events were available as guild-startable events.

IE, you could play a reduced size Marionette or Lions arch evacuation as a guild, designed for groups of 25, increasing in scope every 25 after that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think I might be able to make the necro swarm after all tonight, not positive yet though!
It would be cool if rebalanced group events were available as guild-startable events.

IE, you could play a reduced size Marionette or Lions arch evacuation as a guild, designed for groups of 25, increasing in scope every 25 after that.
Totally would be sweet to integrate this into the journal somehow

but we will get a 5 man marionette in fractal at some point right?

Callunah

Neo Member

Such fun indeed... good laughs, good times, and lots of things to laugh at for sure! Breezy... you might not sound whaelish, but your sound effects are hilarious!

Now, if only we could do the JP's with our princess tonics ... I want screen shots of THAT! I have a feeling Gattsby would be the first to suicide off of a cliff...again. *grin*

New information for Minion Master Funtimes in SBI BL tonight:

We are meeting at 8:30pm ET (right before reset) in SBI BL Citadel for a headcount and supply check. We are also meeting in SBI Teamspeak (SBI-BL Group 2 Channel).

======

Event Details:

This week I'd like to think most of us are taking it a lot easier after a hard nine weeks of pushing ourselves. Plus, the match-up this week put us in an unfavorable position no matter what other circumstances were put into play.

One thing we didn't do this week was have any prepared teams in SBI BL at reset - not because of the competition we were going up against (everyone thought it would be a different and easier matchup), but because barely anyone wanted to go into SBI BL right after that hard tournament. Maybe people didn't think it would be very fun to defend.

This week, I want to change that - sign up with me and on Friday, June 6th at reset, we will defend our BL with a swarm of minions the likes of which our enemy will never expect. The natural predator of the Minion Master zerg is the inaccessible arrow cart, and there should be a lot fewer of those when we defend our home turf. It's going to be fun, and we will bury even the best hammer squads under so many minions and poison bombs that no enemy will stand a chance.

What you'll need:
- a Necromancer (preferably level 80, but at least try to be level 30 for Flesh Golem)
- a Staff (secondary weapon is whatever you prefer, but I like Dagger+Dagger personally)
- An ability bar full of minions, like so:
Blood Fiend, Bone Minions, Bone Fiend, Shadow Fiend, Flesh Golem
lx2vsC0.jpg

What I recommend:
- Power + Vitality + Toughness (PVT) Armor/Weapons/Accessories.

Recommended Traits (up to personal taste in the end, however):
Spite III: Spiteful Removal (Condition Removal as we mow through unfortunate zergs that oppose us)
Spite IX: Training of the Master (Increases Minion Damage; self explanatory)
Death Magic III: Minion Master (Increases recharge on MM skills)
Death Magic X: Flesh of the Master (Minions have increased health; more Toughness for Necro)
Death Magic XI: Death Nova (When enemies die, they spawn MORE MINIONS. When minions die, they explode POISON.)
Blood Magic II: Bloodthirst (Siphoning health is more effective; more uptime and less dying)
Blood Magic VII: Vampiric Master (Minions siphon health and transfer it to Necro)
jOR8o4G.jpg

Consider these Runes:
Superior Runes of the Lich for extra life + extra minion (Cheap)
Superior Runes of the Ranger for a lot of extra DPS (Pricier)
Superior Runes of Speed / the Traveler for movement speed (Super Pricey)

Consider these Sigils:
Sigil of Frailty to inflict Vulnerability (Cheap)
Sigil of Purity for extra Condi Removal (Super Cheap)
Sigil of Water for healing allies around you (Super Cheap)

A lot of peeps like to run Minion Masters their own way, and that's great; the main thing is that I want to see a whole BUNCH of Minion Masters on Friday, ready to swarm and devour whichever enemy team tries to take our BL.

If you are interested in joining in, post here and then be here on Friday. SBI has taken a week of rest but I want to show everyone else in our tier that our BL is no longer welcome to intruders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom