• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I would like to filter by player level restrictions and hide unequipable for current character, for examples. Also, crafting a already discovered weapon automatically crafts required parts if possible.

You can already do a few filters. Click the arrow beside the search box.

15297065494104768512_kcj92.jpg

BraXzy

Damn. World Boss events really don't like me at times. I just had my game crash twice during The Shatterer fight. It freeaaaaked out like mad. Is there anything I can do about it? Or is it simply too many people in one spot type thing?

spiritfox

You can already do a few filters. Click the arrow beside the search box.

Yeah, I know about those (I should use them more, forgot about the "can equip") but it's not enough, especially when you reach 400+ and most of the entries are greyed out, making it harder to eyeball it. Also, having lvl requirement filters would make it more straightforward, instead of having to guess which tier corresponds to what levels, especially since a tier has 3 different player level tiers.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I tried Liadri on my engineer tonight.

tumblr_m4a2enmqMt1rwwcn0o1_250.gif

Much applause to you brave souls that have downed her.

My wishlist:

* Bag runes craftable, so Leatherworkers can make a profit on making bags, because right now nobody is bothering buying them, and people that craft them sell them on the TP for the cost of the rune, so there's almost zero markup.

* Satchel of Armour being worthwhile, like, using slightly less mats to craft the complete set (offset by the cost of initially unlocking the recipe via the Mystic Forge).

* Shopping List feature for the Crafting UI. You can right click the top level item you want to craft, and say 'add all ingredients to shopping list', then track the item prices in game, and buy the components slowly as their prices drop to what you want them to, and it automatically checks them off on your shopping list. Once the list is complete, the item gets a big green checkmark in your crafting interface.

* Auto sub-component crafting. If you want to craft a sword you already know the recipe for, and you have all the materials, auto craft the components and sub components, then craft the main thing. If you're missing scraps/mats, add them to shopping list.

* Better flow to the crafting UI. Combine all types of top-level crafts like armours/weapons (Zerk/Celstial/Rabid) into one item, with a drop-down for the Insignia you want to use. Etc.

* A 'collections' style tab to show you recipies you've unlocked, and still need to unlock.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
* Bank collections tab for temporary items (ie: Festival Tokens/Gauntlet Tickets)

DrAg0nBoY

What armors are you prefering on your thiefs? I am now on my herritage armor, because I think it looks the best from everything I got till now.

Ashodin

Sorry I've been away for the past few days, we just got a new

10509749_10152187644453317_3797075493592675198_n.jpg

cat and we're trying to make her feel welcome (ie. watching her and saving her from our previous two cats).

BUT I GOT ON AND SAW THE TRAILER AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Retro

My wishlist:

* The ability to click a component of a weapon (say, "Copper Greatsword Hilt" when looking at the Copper Greatsword Recipe) and it takes you to that straight away.

* Completely remove crafting and replace it with Vanguard's crafting system.

Moondrop

Banned
Did they recently re-add the "Defend your Supply Caravan" events in WvW? I was on vacation for a week and I don't seem to remember them before they were removed after launch.
I don't think the events themselves were ever actually removed; the rewards were removed to combat botting.

* Bag runes craftable, so Leatherworkers can make a profit on making bags, because right now nobody is bothering buying them, and people that craft them sell them on the TP for the cost of the rune, so there's almost zero markup.
Technically Tailors and Armorsmiths can make bags too, but of course I use my Leatherworker because I want my characters to carry leather packs, not cloth bags or metal boxes. I predict if your wish were to come true, Leatherworkers would earn more for their bags than the other two professions.

* I want to see the first tab of the Hero UI, "Equipment," improved. I don't like its post-feature patch form. I press H and it always opens to this page, but it opens up to the subpage out of three (Equipment, Wardrobe, Dyes) that I happen to be on last time. Then I have to figure out which one I should be on and switch to it. Furthermore there are so many functions on the Equipment screen that have little (my current equipment, switching equipment) to nothing (stats, all trinkets, gathering items) to do with Wardrobe and Dyes. The simplest solution is to give Wardrobe and Dyes their own major tab.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
All I need to get is sun and lightning catcher.

I don't really like the monocle, but should I buy one then hold on it until after festival ends?

Shiokazu

's called anarchism. Damn radical leftist norns.

And of course that's what the pale tree would say. Bad enough that the freaking quaggans use their children as construction material, gods know what would happen if the other races got in on the action too.

tumblr_mkawh1JqM61qlqi9uo2_1280.jpg

they're like punks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
He was silly then, it's a blast on that map! :p

So much I still wanna do for the festival before the patch and I didn't even get to log on last night! I think tonight I will be in the gauntlet.

Callunah

Neo Member

So much I still wanna do for the festival before the patch and I didn't even get to log on last night! I think tonight I will be in the gauntlet.

If Im on... Im most happy to come and shake my pompoms~! Im a pretty good cheerleader Im told!

BraXzy

What armors are you prefering on your thiefs? I am now on my herritage armor, because I think it looks the best from everything I got till now.

I have a mix of a bunch of stuff, mainly thanks to Retro and his tips but.. I'm rocking Sneakthief coat and gloves, Gas Mask head, Krytan leggings and Wolfguard shoulders.. I think it's a cultural Norn skin.

Get in the gauntlet for sure! Everybody needs to beat it!

I admit defeat ... and am now just a side line watcher.

Don't give up! You can do it!

Dat atmosphere.

Cels

i'm leveling an engineer, got to around level 30 just doing hearts and exploring.

i use kits a lot, but what i really don't like is having the kit have a giant backpack all the time.

i googled and found this https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...-Engineers-and-Legendaries/page/3#post1824137 but as you can see that was a year ago. is there any more recent news on a solution to this? i don't even care about legendary items, i just don't like being forced to have the backpack all the time.

Moondrop

Banned
is there any more recent news on a solution to this? i don't even care about legendary items, i just don't like being forced to have the backpack all the time.
Umm, you could try my zero kit engineer build.

No but seriously there are tactical reasons for your opponent to be able to know visually what weapon set (i.e. kit) you have equipped in pvp/wvw. Hell, the system even conveys an elementalist's attunement to opponents.

Hedge

So if the husks are there from TA and the thorn hounds, I wonder if we'll get more info on the nightmare court and the pale tree.

Cels

Umm, you could try my zero kit engineer build.

No but seriously there are tactical reasons for your opponent to be able to know visually what weapon set (i.e. kit) you have equipped in pvp/wvw. Hell, the system even conveys an elementalist's attunement to opponents.

there are other ways to convey to an opponent what kit you are using, besides a gigantic backpack. it could be something you hold in your hands, particle effects, anything at all that doesn't screw up what armor you are wearing. or you can just put a buff on the engineer just like the game does for eles like you alluded to

we already know that they know it's a problem - multiple devs have acknowledged it as a problem and it's on their to-do list, it's just that i was unable to find any more recent news then something over a year old

Moondrop

Banned
there are other ways to convey to an opponent what kit you are using, besides a gigantic backpack. it could be something you hold in your hands, particle effects, anything at all that doesn't screw up what armor you are wearing. or you can just put a buff on the engineer just like the game does for eles like you alluded to

we already know that they know it's a problem - multiple devs have acknowledged it as a problem and it's on their to-do list, it's just that i was unable to find any more recent news then something over a year old
Whatever. I only see Colin characterizing it as an "issue," not a "problem." You're demanding a significant overhaul to a system that already works for cosmetic reasons only. Sure there are other ways it could be done, but the devs clearly don't feel the marginal value increase is worth their time. And trying to hold them to past statements makes you sound like the whiners who keep bringing up "precursor crafting" and a "precursor scavenger hunt."

Cels

Whatever. I only see Colin characterizing it as an "issue," not a "problem." You're demanding a significant overhaul to a system that already works for cosmetic reasons only. Sure there are other ways it could be done, but the devs clearly don't feel the marginal value increase is worth their time. And trying to hold them to past statements makes you sound like the whiners who keep bringing up "precursor crafting" and a "precursor scavenger hunt."

a large part of the game is cosmetic for a lot of people. changing things for cosmetic reasons is as good a reason as any, especially when the gemstore sells back skins.

in any case, i only posted the link to show that i tried to find the answer myself before posting here.

i didn't expect anyone to be so hostile and dismissive on the subject, especially when i rarely even post in this community thread. i'm not a serial "whiner". if there's no news then that's the end of it. i'm still going to play my engineer since it's fun, but i'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm sorry if my tone upset you. I found your tone dismissive of my point on the tactical value of the visual tell and/or the work that would be required to satisfy your cosmetic desires.

Who are you trying to educate with this quote? Surely not me, as I gave the ele example. Is it directed toward strawmen who would argue against you? I don't believe they exist. It sounds as if this is directed toward the devs, and that kind of attitude irks me.

we already know that they know it's a problem - multiple devs have acknowledged it as a problem
Here you want us to buy in to your false premise. The only evidence you've cited doesn't support it.

Check your own tone before you play innocent and offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom