• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedge

Aye, seems as if we're going to.. Dry Top? Looks like that environment. I hope we'll see the old Thorn Stalkers. My favorite enemies from Maguuma.

150px-Stalker.jpg

Levyne

Banned
Maguuma was pretty awesome in GW1, trekking all the way from the outpost through the end of the falls without any other place to rest in was pretty neat, I think I recall a balthazar statue hidden away in a temple. It was really a neat place to have to trek all the way to, before the later expansions pretty much made it so that most every zone had an outpost right next to it.

So, I haven't played in about a month (more or less). Played a bit of the "Festival", but didn't really get what was going on. Is there any "guide" you guys know of that explains the event a bit?

I should stop taking these long breaks from the game ù_ù

Hedge

I just can't wait for a new type of environment. The sandstorm looks amazing. Reminds me a bit of FF12. I hope the sandstorm is not there all the time, but perhaps connected to a meta-event that'll spawn either a world boss or just change the wildlife in the zone. That'd be interesting.

Lunar15

Dang, right in the gut! I like it! Proper initial motivations!

Although, if it were up to me, I would have just teased Maguuma and saved the Sanctum stuff as a surprise video for when you log in on July 1st. Kinda takes away the impact to see it up front, you know?

Either way, it's a great setup, and it gives me a lot of hope.

Femto.

The one thing that pulled my attention the most from this trailer was the two humans on the air ship.

It might be just me but don't they seem a bit, Canthan?

Levyne

Banned
The one thing that pulled my attention the most from this trailer was the two humans on the air ship.

It might be just me but don't they seem a bit, Canthan?

Yep, I sort of noticed that as well. It reminded me of the new facial options when Factions first landed.

More stuff to come till July the 1st by the way:
25th Jun - Guild Wars 2 is on Tumblr!
26th Jun - Audio: Omens and Portents
27th Jun - Premonition
30th Jun - The Living Soundtrack
From dragonseasondotcom on reddit.

The Zephyrites look like they were sabotaged more than they were shot.

I wonder what this means for next year? Will the Zephyr Sanctum return? Will the Wind Catchers and Zephyr Rucksack supply ever be replenished?

Lunar15

From what I can tell, the Sanctum was already in flight when attacked, so my guess is that it went down IN Maguuma. We're probably going to Maguuma to rescue survivors and survey the wreckage. That makes sense as an initial motivation, rather than just "oh let's check out this new area". It raises the stakes and sets up the next part, which will probably be revealed when we reach the crashed sanctum and learn who was responsible.

nataku

Looks awesome, but they should have saved the Sanctum stuff for the game. It ruins the surprise to see it in the trailer.

I'm curious how quickly they'll release new zones expanding into the Maguuma region. I'd assume we won't get more than 1 or 2 come July 2nd. I can't imagine they have the entire region ready to go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for that! I don´t normally talk much about work on my personal profile but I´ll do my best :)
Hey there, welcome to our OT :)

That is a great teaser trailer. They really did go for the gut... my attachment to the Zephyr Sanctum is such that I already care more than I did about anything Scarlet did prior to the siege of Lion's Arch. Though I still
if it were up to me, I would have just teased Maguuma and saved the Sanctum stuff as a surprise video for when you log in on July 1st. Kinda takes away the impact to see it up front, you know?
yeah. would have been a shocking moment to see in game. But that's a quibble.

Looks like Destiny's Edgier is at the zone entrance, the one from Brisban I imagine? (See right)
HWyibgc.png

Crystal Desert?
The crystal desert is in the southeast of Tyria, south of Fields of Ruin, and home to Kralkatorrik. This is the Maguuma Wastes in the west of the map, presumably under the influence of Mordremoth.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Grenadier aka Gatsby does not know how to write so he just replys with gifs. Another victim of the American Education system.

OElB5ie.gif

This new? Teaser trailer Gates of Maguuma

Very excited for season 2! This is going to be great. So many things I need to do before next week though.

edit: Video makes it look like Destiny's Edgier attacked the Zephyrites. Silly. I love Taimi's animation hopping into her golem though!

Levito

Banned
It's funny that the wait for a content patch in Guild Wars 2 can feel long when it's only a month, cause we're used to a two week turn around. By comparison the biggest MMO on the market has gone a year between content patches several times.

Hate that I forgot about guild missions on Saturday.

BraXzy

They destroyed my beloved Minigame area ?

You better believe That's a padlin.

lmao

3289693-tumblr_lkaw9jarfz1qbf7pgo1_500.png

This trailer also reminded me:

Got too get most of those rewards still there as i still can before the place goes kaput.

Me too. A recent gold BB got me around 1K Festival Tokens and since I think I've bought everything I want I'm wondering what to spend it on. Maybe Tome's of Knowledge?

Hedge

Aaah I just noticed that - when the scene pans to Braham, Rox, Marjory, etc. - there's a thorn vine in the background that's moving. That's creepy. :C

Levyne

Banned
I kind of want to make a thread for the trailer, even though it's more of a teaser, both because I want people to know about it if they're legitimately interested but don't follow the thread or GW2 twitter but also because I want to see the thread burn with the usual path any GW2 thread takes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The overlay shows how close we'll be heading toward Ventari's Refuge... if we actually get to see it in some form in GW2 I'll flip. Was my favorite outpost in GW.

Jira

DID SOMEONE SAY DESERT OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IT'S HAPPENING (to some extent). Damn that was one hell of a trailer. People are speculating that the zepher ship got shot down flying over magumma due to cargo it was carrying and we might get to see what that was at some point.

BraXzy

I kind of want to make a thread for the trailer, even though it's more of a teaser, both because I want people to know about it if they're legitimately interested but don't follow the thread or GW2 twitter but also because I want to see the thread burn with the usual path any GW2 thread takes.

Wait till July 1st.

Yeah I'd wait till it begins. Then once we have a bit of info, make a big thread stating that Season 2 has started and all the info about it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
DID SOMEONE SAY DESERT OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IT'S HAPPENING (to some extent). Damn that was one hell of a trailer. People are speculating that the zepher ship got shot down flying over magumma due to cargo it was carrying and we might get to see what that was at some point.
Hmm yeah, something
Taimi: ''Log entry, Scruffy. I'm getting some curious readings from these crates. The dock master said the Zephyrites were taking on more cargo. I can't determine what it is, though. What is clear is that the Zephyrites are genuine in their desire to help, but they're eager to get where they're going. My prediction is that it'll be a long trip. I wonder what their final destination is."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom