• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the 10 WvW Tournament achievement requirement right? I better get doing more WvW before it finishes.

Just play it will happen, but make sure you stick with a zerg running off on your own as a upscale player is death, i got mines done in a week just pure WvW did it..

Thorgal

Is the loot you get from world bosses just randomized stuff and if not , is there a drop list somewhere ?

I am just curious whether it is possible to get something extremely rare from them .

Shiokazu

Is the loot you get from world bosses just randomized stuff and if not , is there a drop list somewhere ?

I am just curious whether it is possible to get something extremely rare from them .

mostly randomized, excluding karka queen/tequatl, i think. karka queen can give you settler's insignia, karka shells, something else? i dont know.

tequatl can give you asceded items, also some tequatl themed trinkets.

theres probably more, i just dont remember. but most loot is randomized.

Thorgal

mostly randomized, excluding karka queen/tequatl, i think. karka queen can give you settler's insignia, karka shells, something else? i dont know.

tequatl can give you asceded items, also some tequatl themed trinkets.

theres probably more, i just dont remember. but most loot is randomized.

Thanks !

Ceres

Banned
Thank you for those who joined for AC and CM stories. We started off more like around 2:30 so I may adjust the time to a later hour if that's better for people on the west coast. I'm having a complete brain fart but we did have one member join us who had never done a dungeon previously.

There was also a low level Fractal shortly after we finished up CM including 2 completely new to them, 1 who had only done it once, and myself who has only done it 6x. So we ran a level 7 to up my level.

Anyway, this weekend.....
DUNGEON MASTERS - Saturday 2pm EST - May 24

Twilight Arbor
Story Recommended level: 50

Sorrow's Embrace
Story Recommended level: 60

Advance warning that I'm going to be out on May 31 for CoF and HotW (and Missions). If anyone else wants to go ahead and take the reins that day, feel free. Otherwise those two will be delayed until June 7. I'm potentially moving in my house mid June/early July as well so Saturdays may be busy for me shortly after that. Hopefully we'll get internet in quickly though.

Edit: added link to a time conversion site.

Katoki

gXtzYPd.jpg

Going to have to push it to the limit this week!

SBI always does this on matches they should care about like this one where they see the domination at reset, assume it will hold through, and wake up one day to no lead whatsoever. Then the community point fingers a bit and then have to pull double time. I actually stopped caring about it and am looking forward to the end of the season since it will eliminate this need to worry about PPT for some carrot and we can go back to being one of the most destructive servers again or just get flat out stomped.

Or it could be because people are afraid of HoD and are still playing for second when all the sites counting points say to do otherwise with the current course of events.

Bazaar of the Four Winds was only exciting for me because we thought they were going to announce that they will be going to the Crystal Desert but that never happened. The update was just a collection of mini-games which only 1 I actually liked (Sanctum Sprint). The movement skills are interesting but once I got to the top and collected the crystals for the achievement there was nothing else for me to do there.

I just want updates that actually move the story forward since there isn't an expansion announced.

I hope they actually put in some living STORY updates in this update because it is just a waste if they don't.

LS S2 confirmed to be more permanent than LS1 and people are working on "endgame gear progression". Of course people are in a frenzy over that last one without any clarification, hence why companies don't like talking about anything until it's ready to avoid crap like this.

Oh and also she touches on something related to tying the LS and PS together in some fashion.

http://imgur.com/JL4js7E,o0v29zi,Ifecc7X,rIFD8zE,9WzwG45,IykWPZb,OJwp2vz

Is it confirmed that season 2 is starting 2 weeks from tomorrow?

Ceres

Banned
SBI always does this on matches they should care about like this one where they see the domination at reset, assume it will hold through, and wake up one day to no lead whatsoever. Then the community point fingers a bit and then have to pull double time. I actually stopped caring about it and am looking forward to the end of the season since it will eliminate this need to worry about PPT for some carrot and we can go back to being one of the most destructive servers again or just get flat out stomped.

Or it could be because people are afraid of HoD and are still playing for second when all the sites counting points say to do otherwise with the current course of events.

The real test will be tomorrow. PvE events have always destroyed the WvW numbers.
However, don't be so sure of the other matchup. HoD has already made up a lot of ground and YB has been focusing FA again. Probably because they realized giving FA the win would mean they'd be dropping themselves to a 4th place finish. The point differential was 25k and its now only 7k in about 12 hrs

Ceres

Banned
I missed this too on Saturday darn it. I'll try and hit level 50 at least for TA next week at least.

TA is only tough in one or two spots so if you're not quite 50, we can still bring you along. I've never done SE story but I recall some people complaining about one of the bosses in chat when we were trying to get a group together to do either TA or SE a few weeks ago (we did TA since there were more that wanted to do that dungeon)

BraXzy

TA is only tough in one or two spots so if you're not quite 50, we can still bring you along. I've never done SE story but I recall some people complaining about one of the bosses in chat when we were trying to get a group together to do either TA or SE a few weeks ago (we did TA since there were more that wanted to do that dungeon)

I'm always up for a challenge! I've been levelling quite fast recently so I will probably be 50 anyway, we'll see though.

Ooh the PvE event is tomorrow isn't it? HYPE!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For me, it's great except when I need to rely on targeting and jumping. Switching back from targeting with either the mouse or the stick usually paralyze me for a few seconds as I set my right stick back to camera control.
Whoa, what? Could you clarify a little bit? I can't visualize the scenario you're talking about at all.
Sounds like something that would never occur with my scheme :p
Nor mine.

Thorgal

Today , i encountered the so called "Karma train" in EOTM and decided to tag along .

got 4 levels out of it + a crapload of usable loot loot and Karma .

Time well spent .

gw22014-05-1923-01-00vof7s.jpg

Ceres

Banned
Totally missed the WvW season meta talk earlier. Easily completable in a week. I actually finished it on my second account last night doing EotM + JPs. We should do those again for anyone still needing them.

Ah yes my first dungeon was TA with you. Remember dying a lot.
So no different to now?

Goldrush

Whoa, what? Could you clarify a little bit? I can't visualize the scenario you're talking about at all.

Nor mine.

Guess I might be doing something wrong, but switching back from targeting to camera control doesn't occur automatically when pushing BACK or clicking on the RTHUMBSTICK. It switches to the open menus mode. I have to wiggle the right stick around in this mode to switch to camera control. If I push any buttons before camera control, it will open menus. If I gained camera control right after I open the menu, pretty much have to start over from step 1.

Katoki

The real test will be tomorrow. PvE events have always destroyed the WvW numbers.
However, don't be so sure of the other matchup. HoD has already made up a lot of ground and YB has been focusing FA again. Probably because they realized giving FA the win would mean they'd be dropping themselves to a 4th place finish. The point differential was 25k and its now only 7k in about 12 hrs

No matter. The season reward is a bonus for me rather than the sole reason for participation. The standing only concerns me because our participation depends on performance. If we tank, people leave to do other content with more lucrative rewards.

Totally missed the WvW season meta talk earlier. Easily completable in a week. I actually finished it on my second account last night doing EotM + JPs. We should do those again for anyone still needing them.

So no different to now?

Lol. I don't run TA much. Haven't done a dungeon in a while actually. Been doing WvW and EotM to level my guard.

Zeroth

And then there's this: Arah Path 3, full clear, no stacking, skipping, or exploiting, five bearbow rangers, 1 hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQC5-Vjvb4

To be honest, the problem with our runs is that many are pretty new to Arah and don't really run gear specific to it or anything. We take a casual approach which invites more room for error, though it compensates by allowing us to bring all kinds of players to make the overall experience more....interesting.

To be honest, the problem with our runs is that many are pretty new to Arah and don't really run gear specific to it or anything. We take a casual approach which invites more room for error, though it compensates by allowing us to bring all kinds of players to make the overall experience more....interesting.

Oh, I didn't post it as a comparison - I just thought it was hilarious, the idea of taking the "horrible" bearbow and going all out like that.

Emitan

Is there a way to use a controller on OSX? My girlfriend just started playing and she's not a PC gamer and is sorta struggling with the controls.

BraXzy

Maclaine Diemer just posted this pic of the first recording session of new GW2 music with a live orchestra

http://instagram.com/p/oMeaFvhBTL/#

Ooh what will this be for? Is most of the music done like that or is it a special occasion?

I'm looking forward to Arah if anything just to see how challenging it is. I still don't really get what different paths are in dungeons.

Retro

Ooh what will this be for? Is most of the music done like that or is it a special occasion?

Actually, I have no idea if Jeremy Soule used an orchestra for the game's score. I can't find anything in the liner notes that came with my soundtrack or the Making Of book. I have to imagine they did.

Anyways, none of the music released since then has been orchestrated, so... yeah, kind of a big deal.

Ceres

Banned
Welp. I'm done with WvW for the rest of this tournament. Get Hills and Garri WP'd after IoJ took everything and EB won't come help when we get outmanned with IoJ hitting with 8 omega golems. I hope we lose this and next week.

Katoki

Welp. I'm done with WvW for the rest of this tournament. Get Hills and Garri WP'd after IoJ took everything and EB won't come help when we get outmanned with IoJ hitting with 8 omega golems. I hope we lose this and next week.

Stuff like that is exactly why I no longer care and just play on my time. Plus I bet it was Lurk who refused since it's about his time to be commanding about now. I wonder if he's still trying to play for second place. Djxie said he posted regarding the points in the SBI forums but you said HoD probably realized what's up and started putting in work again so it'll upset the expected point totals some. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the session ending because it's still full of people that want the win, placement, and carrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom