• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceres

Banned
Stuff like that is exactly why I no longer care and just play on my time. Plus I bet it was Lurk who refused since it's about his time to be commanding about now. I wonder if he's still trying to play for second place. Djxie said he posted regarding the points in the SBI forums but you said HoD probably realized what's up and started putting in work again so it'll upset the expected point totals some. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the session ending because it's still full of people that want the win, placement, and carrot.

Saves me some sleep the next 2 weeks as I usually stay up way too late when I help on BL.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the rest of us Rez those that use the game pad... :p
Ah yeah daily reviver when Hawk is playing.
Don't worry, eventually i'll just stop reviving you guys altogether, no big deal :D
Guess I might be doing something wrong, but switching back from targeting to camera control doesn't occur automatically when pushing BACK or clicking on the RTHUMBSTICK. It switches to the open menus mode. I have to wiggle the right stick around in this mode to switch to camera control. If I push any buttons before camera control, it will open menus. If I gained camera control right after I open the menu, pretty much have to start over from step 1.
Hmmm, I don't understand what you mean by "switching back from targeting to camera control." I just don't know what situation you are referring to :( Could you describe the actions you're doing in-game and the buttons you're pressing to accomplish it?

My instinct is it sounds like some aspect of the script isn't working to do the cursor recentering. If that's the case I hope we can get it resolved for you, you may have been playing at like 33% efficiency...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oh controller powered Guild Wars 2, I have missed you so.
Glad to be back in your arms.

Thank you Hawkian and Moondrop for the help in getting her back.

edit: oh and FYI for people in here, my ingame name is Gattsby. I didn't have an account here when I used to play, and my name here is different then in GW2

BraXzy

WvW is so good when there is a good commander leading. I was in EotM and no one was tagged so it was just a bunch of headless chickens running around.. Then jump into EB with Lurk leading and it is an unstoppable train that hits +500 points.

Some screens from today.

100%'d Black Citadel, with help from Zeroth :)

7l9UQZR.jpg
b8tSO7m.jpg

WvW goodness

Katoki

Then jump into EB with Lurk leading and it is an unstoppable train that hits +500 points.

Just for the record, the borderlands are worth more points. EB is just where everyone congregates so it doesn't seem as lonely especially during the server's off-hours.

Saves me some sleep the next 2 weeks as I usually stay up way too late when I help on BL.

Just play on your time. If you were going to play WvW to play it, leave it at that. There's no need to go above and beyond with our server. Whatever happens happens because a lot of it is beyond our control when it comes to people only showing when we win.

WvW is so good when there is a good commander leading. I was in EotM and no one was tagged so it was just a bunch of headless chickens running around.. Then jump into EB with Lurk leading and it is an unstoppable train that hits +500 points.

Some screens from today.

100%'d Black Citadel, with help from Zeroth :)

WvW goodness

It was a lot of fun.

Goldrush

Don't worry, eventually i'll just stop reviving you guys altogether, no big deal :D

Hmmm, I don't understand what you mean by "switching back from targeting to camera control." I just don't know what situation you are referring to :( Could you describe the actions you're doing in-game and the buttons you're pressing to accomplish it?

My instinct is it sounds like some aspect of the script isn't working to do the cursor recentering. If that's the case I hope we can get it resolved for you, you may have been playing at like 33% efficiency...

I hope I'm doing something wrong. Would help me branch out from Flamethrower and Bomb for my Engineer if I could reliably target.

For 90% of the game, the left thumbstick would be sidestepping, the right stick would be camera control, and the buttons would perform actions.

When I need to target something, I actually right click and use the mouse since I find it targets more accurately. Now the left stick controls turning, the right stick controls the cursor, and the buttons perform actions.

After I finish, I usually push BACK first. At this point, the left stick controls turning, the right stick controls the cursor, and the buttons open menus.

The final step would be to wiggle the right stick until the camera respond to the stick. Once that happen, the left stick goes back to sidestepping, the right stick goes back to camera control, and the buttons would perform actions.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
tbqh the orr lands aren't bad to explore

save for Malchor's Leap

fuck that zone and their champion-happy skill points

tbqh the orr lands aren't bad to explore

save for Malchor's Leap

fuck that zone and their champion-happy skill points

With Megaserver it's easy to completed all of Orr, just did it Friday on my warrior all maps in 3 hours..all the CT temples are open now and the annoying Champs blocking SP like the Eye of Zaithan are dead..I got a Super Bloodlust, 40 Ori, and 80 Goss scraps, plus exotics that sold for at least 2 gold each, nice haul for 3 hours, gonna get another character down there and run it sometime after WvW is done..

http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/news.cfm?read=31185&game=0&ismb=1

The Zephyrites have returned to Labyrinthine Cliffs in their large-sailed flying ships to support Lion’s Arch in its time of need. Although Lion’s Arch suffered a devastating blow as a result of Scarlet’s nefarious plans, Captain Ellen Kiel of the Captain’s Council is grateful to see the Zephyrites return with their generous offer of materials and moral support. And to help reinvigorate trade and provide some joy to its citizens, the Zephyrite Master of Peace and Queen Jennah of Kryta are hosting a festival to honor Lion’s Arch. Visit Labyrinthine Cliffs and experience the rush of Aspect movement skills, take part in the Sanctum Sprint, or enjoy one of the brand-new events; then take a hot-air balloon to Divinity’s Reach and enjoy the reopened Crown Pavilion, including a new version of the Queen’s Gauntlet, the Boss Blitz. Join Braham, Rox, Marjory, Kasmeer, Taimi, and Scruffy as they enjoy the festivities and usher in the return of Lion’s Arch services!

Looks like the description that will be on the release page. Looks like LS characters are involved. Should be interesting to see if the slip in any changes to Brisbane.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, finally got my thief to lvl80.
Anyone have any interesting builds or whatever?
I kinda remember Hawkian having some sort of chart showing his different sets.

Hojaho

Hmm, finally got my thief to lvl80.
Anyone have any interesting builds or whatever?
I kinda remember Hawkian having some sort of chart showing his different sets.

I like the glass build 5/6/0/0/3 or its variant 5/6/0/3/0 D/D or Sword / Pistol - Shortbow. At least for PvE.
For sPvP, I've seen a lot of thieves running Sword/Dagger - Shortbow lately (Probably because of TCG's thief) with something like 2/0/0/6/6. There's also the old dagger/pistol build 2/6/0/0/6.

Gear is full berserker.

I like the glass build 5/6/0/0/3 or its variant 5/6/0/3/0 D/D or Sword / Pistol - Shortbow. At least for PvE.
For sPvP, I've seen a lot of thieves running Sword/Dagger - Shortbow lately (Probably because of TCG's thief) with something like 2/0/0/6/6. There's also the old dagger/pistol build 2/6/0/0/6.

Gear is full berserker.

I have a thief too (level 46 atm), is dagger/dagger viable? Because I'm using it. Is there a best combination/skillset?

Also, how long the "china launch" event last?

Full zerker Thief should be PvE only(traits included) now if you want to run Zerker in WvW i suggest putting points in toughness and Vitality otherwise you ain't beating a warrior running with 30k HP in a 1v1 fight, even a dumb warrior who doesn't get his class just knows he has a tank will make you work for it, a great warrior who understands his class will mop the floor with ya..

Proven

Gear is full berserker.
Knows what's up.

I have a thief too (level 46 atm), is dagger/dagger viable? Because I'm using it. Is there a best combination/skillset?

Also, how long the "china launch" event last?

Nemesis gave his WvW opinion, and from me the PvP opinion is that D/D is the second weakest set right now (weakest being P/P and it's been stuck there since launch).

Still, as always, lots of dedication and playtime can always get you to the level where you can do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Evhd4A70A. Gear included in the description.

http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2014/05/20/guild-wars-2s-festival-of-the-four-winds-launches-today/

Interview with Mike Z and Steve Waller of ANET about today's update. Go read it, ANET lovers.

Don't worry; by the end of the festival, you'll hear more about Season 2.
As a fun note, players who have been carefully watching the progress of the "Festival of the Four Winds" release will be able to find hints that might tease at living world season 2.
Game might not be dying.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
flying dolyaks... wat

also does this mean I can spend all these socks, sweaters and hats I don't need

With Megaserver it's easy to completed all of Orr, just did it Friday on my warrior all maps in 3 hours..all the CT temples are open now and the annoying Champs blocking SP like the Eye of Zaithan are dead..I got a Super Bloodlust, 40 Ori, and 80 Goss scraps, plus exotics that sold for at least 2 gold each, nice haul for 3 hours, gonna get another character down there and run it sometime after WvW is done..

they don't skill those stupid worshipers or that champion knight who cockblocks skill point areas :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uuurgh, feeling crappy. I wish I had the presence of mind to put in for a day off today last week... barely slept and feel miserable, plus I have to wait for the day to go by soslowwwwly

I need me some Boss Blitz and Flying Dolyak Race!

fyi Kos has never been serious about anything before, ever
I hope I'm doing something wrong. Would help me branch out from Flamethrower and Bomb for my Engineer if I could reliably target.

For 90% of the game, the left thumbstick would be sidestepping, the right stick would be camera control, and the buttons would perform actions.

When I need to target something, I actually right click and use the mouse since I find it targets more accurately. Now the left stick controls turning, the right stick controls the cursor, and the buttons perform actions.

After I finish, I usually push BACK first. At this point, the left stick controls turning, the right stick controls the cursor, and the buttons open menus.

The final step would be to wiggle the right stick until the camera respond to the stick. Once that happen, the left stick goes back to sidestepping, the right stick goes back to camera control, and the buttons would perform actions.
Thanks for the info! Yikes, I'm so confused here. I'm sorry! It sounds like something is definitely not right. I feel like I need video to see what you're doing while playing. I would like to get to the bottom of this and see what's up, so let me ask a few specific things...

• When you say "targeting" do you mean selecting an enemy target (i.e. "tab targeting") or aiming an AoE skill?
  • Before doing any of the stuff you described above (so, starting from having normal movement and camera control), when you press the Back button once, does the cursor automatically reposition to a center point on your screen?
  • Before doing any of the stuff you described above (so, starting from having normal movement and camera control), if you hold the Back button and move the cursor, does it recenter when you let go of the Back button?
I think the key for me is understanding what you mean by "actually right click and use the mouse since I find it targets more accurately." I might be taking you too literally but one way of interpreting this is that you actually take your hand off of the gamepad and right-click on your mouse itself, do something with the cursor, and then go back to your gamepad. If this is actually the case, I'm not surprised that you run into issues with the profile... this solution is absolutely not meant for one to use both the actual mouse and controller during combat. But I may have misunderstood, so just let me know. If nothing else if we start from scratch we can make sure it's working the way it should be.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey saw your question before the edit BraXzy, I'm humbled! I am at work all day though... will hop on as soon as I get home but that's 6:40ish PM eastern, so feel free to get started whenever the patch hits, no need to wait for my slow day to complete to jump in.

First thing I'm doing (do not highlight if you are new, Retro has already spoiled too much!) is
getting up to the diving goggles spot in the Sanctum sail beams. Maybe I'll make a gif of the jump this time...

edit: Thanks Retro! If only I could just nap until it's time to patch everything would be so great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom