• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeris

Logged on with a level 63. Near as I can tell there's no upscaling and you have to be level 80 for the event. Ah well.

Levyne

Banned
Logged on with a level 63. Near as I can tell there's no upscaling and you have to be level 80 for the event. Ah well.

Weird. Hopefully a fixable oversight, especially considering the 50% off sale has definitely brought in new players wanting to try out season 2.

BraXzy

I really hope they fix that for new players, I don't understand why considering the Bazaar upscaled people.

The new zone is amazing. And PSA, there is a whole set of achievements just for the new zone. Including a treasure hunt for 'Lost Coins' and a jumping puzzle.

th3dude

They've said officially that Season 2 is for when you reach level 80:

To go along with this change, we’re modifying the story Journal in your character’s Hero Panel so it will track all of your character’s story steps. From that panel, characters who are level 80 will be able to select between playing their personal story and the Living World story. For the Living World story, you’ll be able to select which unlocked episode you’d like to play. Characters under level 80 will be able to see the available episodes, but will not be able to play them until they reach level 80. Think of the Living World story as the constantly expanding continuation of your character’s storyline once they reach level 80.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it definitely seems like a step backwards, but I'm actually talking to peck about it right now and there were some ideas and concerns I hadn't really considered. I hope they'll listen to feedback on the issue, though, and consider some mitigating factors if there is a lot of demand from new players to be able to play LW releases to some degree as they happen. I can think of a few approaches that make it easier while not compromising their vision for the Living World as endgame.

Braxzy, for stuff like the Bazaar, Crown Pavilion, and holidays, I'm quite certain you'd still be upleveled.

th3dude

Based on some conversations in the guild mumble last night, I'm wondering if the way Season 2 is being implemented adds a few things that were talked about:

With these 'Elite Achievements', you can do the content over and over and try to get skill achievements. These events also scale with group. Seems like some nice compromise for end-game type of progression/skill that some folks are looking for.

Edit: Even in their 'Season 2 is Live' e-mail, they mention level 80 only

While Living World and Journal content is only playable for level 80 characters, you can unlock permanent access to this content by simply logging in while the release is live - no matter what level your characters are! Log in today to unlock the Gates of Maguuma story content in your Journal!

xeris

Based on some conversations in the guild mumble last night, I'm wondering if the way Season 2 is being implemented adds a few things that were talked about:

With these 'Elite Achievements', you can do the content over and over and try to get skill achievements. These events also scale with group. Seems like some nice compromise for end-game type of progression/skill that some folks are looking for.

Edit: Even in their 'Season 2 is Live' e-mail, they mention level 80 only

Really I think there should have been a mix. Give all those new people from the sale something to do while still making the bulk of it for 80's.

While I'm thinking of it, is the unlock per account or per character? Really don't wanna have to log in all my toons to make sure they have it. Even all my 80's would be kinda annoying.

Proven

I really hope they fix that for new players, I don't understand why considering the Bazaar upscaled people.

The new zone is amazing. And PSA, there is a whole set of achievements just for the new zone. Including a treasure hunt for 'Lost Coins' and a jumping puzzle.

I feel like they did it for multiple reasons. One, they don't have to design for the lowest common denominator. Two, even if you're not level 80, logging on during the event you should unlock the content for free for when you actually do get to level 80. Three, they can use "endgame" as a buzzword for future GW2 PR.

Ashodin

Well there's more stuff in Brisban for low levels there, but the bulk is 80 only.

I made it to Dry Top!

So vertical much crystal
Wow

People aren't going to like that gate though. We're not overly entitled and all that these days, right?

LA chat was filled with folks claiming it was unfair that they had to be 80 to do it. The response by a lot of folks was 'oh noes, you'll actually have to level your character'.

I'm sure we'll still have some world content that is 1-79, same as always, but I see no issues having the new story stuff be 80+. After all, it takes place post PS, and that takes you from 1-80. Even unlocking the traits now will get you 1-80 pretty quickly.

Katoki

Aww. Katana skin is a great sword. Can't use on their but can put on run away warrior. I guess it'd look pretty cool with the guardian leap.

New outfit is amazing on asura.

cji6OXH.jpg

esai

so after putting a few hours into this game with my brother i love it. i like the events occurring and how many people i run into that are doing them.

Retro

I recall it not taking very long to level from 1-80 when I played at launch. Don't think it's a big deal.

Not only that, but the content isn't going anywhere. Anyone who's just starting out, this is the part where I tell you that it's all about the journey, not the destination, and to take your time and smell the roses as you level rather than rushing as quickly as possible. There is no "End Game" you are missing out on forever, all of this stuff will be waiting. Enjoy the finely crafted world they've made, it's absolutely one of the best in gaming, full stop.

No download link yet. /sadface

Icomp

Quick question

Is it worth getting into this game at this point? I guess it's been out 2 years.

Considering actually buying a new PC for this game alone. (Been itching to play an MMO recently and this one seems to want to scratch it that itch)

Katoki

Quick question

Is it worth getting into this game at this point? I guess it's been out 2 years.

Considering actually buying a new PC for this game alone. (Been itching to play an MMO recently and this one seems to want to scratch it that itch)

Still worth it for newcomers. Season 2 just started as well so you'll have excitement everywhere too. It's more about the stuff to find than the stuff you missed in this game is all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quick question

Yeah you're gonna wanna go ahead and buy it. Join the guild as soon as you get your character made ;)

Anno

How is it that none of these GW2TP/GW2Spidy type sites let you create a summarized investment portfolio? Or maybe they have and I just haven't found it? Kinda tired of tracking my buys and sells using Excel...

Proven

So during the last instance, right when you've done enough for completion and can leave, Taimi will find one last thing you can interact with. A hologram recorder, which details and ties up lingering loose ends about the Steam creatures. Make sure to watch it until it deactivates itself, and possibly be disappointed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So during the last instance, right when you've done enough for completion and can leave, Taimi will find one last thing you can interact with. A hologram recorder, which details and ties up lingering loose ends about the Steam creatures. Make sure to watch it until it deactivates itself, and possibly be disappointed.
whoa, missed that. Taimi had a unique line for me as an asura though, I dug it

Shiokazu

guys...

i dont want to be evil...

you know, sylvari might be evil in nature but... it doesnt means we really need to be evil.

BraXzy

The first episodes storyline was pretty fun. A little bit of everything and it's introducing the plot. I hope there are more and more new zones like this one, it's great. I'm stuck at 21/30 Lost Coins which is bugging me xD

New build up again, I assume with just a few fixes.

th3dude

I love how quiet this thread is so far this afternoon. Means everyone is enjoying the update. Can't wait to check it out myself tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom