• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
but spoilers ;_;

edit: new page

Gamepad fans ahoy!

Download the profiles/script here: https://www.mediafire.com/?xdyibug9yid7tv4

Then:
1) Go to http://www.freewarefiles.com/Xpadder_program_21789.html and download version 5.3 of XPadder, and put it wherever you unzipped that too
2) Go to http://www.autohotkey.com/ and download AutoHotKey. Install/decompress it, then run "ahk2exe.exe" from the "Compiler" folder. Click "Browse" next to "Source file" and open the included "Guild Wars 2 Mouse Script.ahk" script
3) Follow INSTRUCTIONS.txt

I have NO IDEA why Chrome just decided to consider some of the files in this zip to be infected. We literally haven't touched it in over a year and there's no virus.

Retro, until further notice please replace the like in the OP with the above instructions.

If you liked
the aspects from Labrynthine Cliffs
you will like the new
zone

New crafting materials also enter the scene. Players can now harvest cacti for cooking or refine Ambrite into sheets, that can be used in crafting gear with bonuses to Toughness, Healing, and Vitality.

BraXzy

There's info out? Why would you guys post it? The temptation to click the black bars D:

Also, Happy Canada Day people lol.

Hyunashi

Apparently, the ArenaNet team has been working with people in other media industries to understand how to better make superstory arcs, interrelated Seasons, appealing characters, and other features that are common to good storytelling in television, films, and other forms of entertainment.

Lets see if it all works out.

Hyunashi

In this area I still advise keeping your expectations low. Only thing that can happen then is that you get pleasantly surprised if they're right.

Spoilers are poison. BE STRONG WITH ME BRAXZY.

Coming from a player who played GW1 religiously, I definitely know to keep my expectations low. ANET have never really had a good story to back up the incredible lore of the universe, heck there is still so many unanswered things from GW1 that can be potentially exciting! Its good, however, that they understand they have a problem with story telling.

spiritfox

I'll be happy enough if the story gave us enough interesting things to fight. Story's not an MMO's strong point anyway, though I hope it'll be good.

Levyne

Banned
I haven't played too much of this game and I'm wondering how do we access the Gates of Maduuma storyline?

The patch will be live sometime today. There's going to be plenty of map markers and a crowd of people :D

If you just want to unlock the "episode" to play later...well we don't know the specifics of the Journal thingie yet (do we?). I'm guessing there will be a main set of NPCs to talk to. Or maybe it's even all within the UI.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Coming from a player who played GW1 religiously, I definitely know to keep my expectations low. ANET have never really had a good story to back up the incredible lore of the universe, heck there is still so many unanswered things from GW1 that can be potentially exciting! Its good, however, that they understand they have a problem with story telling.
Yeah, definitely 100% agreed. The lore, world-building and ancillary tales scattered throughout the world are all superb, whereas they've never put together a truly compelling mainline plot in my opinion. It is cool to see some priority placed on it, but I also totally agree with spiritfox, experiencing a strong narrative is "not why I come here." :p People who get all worked up about weak storylines in MMOs baffle me.

Valkrai

The patch will be live sometime today. There's going to be plenty of map markers and a crowd of people :D

If you just want to unlock the "episode" to play later...well we don't know the specifics of the Journal thingie yet (do we?). I'm guessing there will be a main set of NPCs to talk to. Or maybe it's even all within the UI.

All right, I'm gonna try and grind up then. Only a lvl 5 Thief :p

Complistic

Last they said, you simply login during the event and that permanently unlocks it for the future.

BraXzy

In this area I still advise keeping your expectations low. Only thing that can happen then is that you get pleasantly surprised if they're right.

Spoilers are poison. BE STRONG WITH ME BRAXZY.

I'm trying Hawk I'm trying. What if the poison tastes good though? D:

Just a few more hoursss. Ya'll better be online as it goes up so we rush in together whilst chanting CANANANDADAA DAY.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll be more than willing to give these people a pass for GW2 as they choose to make Living Story a big part of their endgame :p
The "Living Story" (actually already artfully rebranded to "Living World" months ago, though perhaps too quietly) is a platform for delivering episodic gameplay content in an MMO. I am a huge fan of this platform conceptually and have also enjoyed almost every release quite a bit. That doesn't mean I'm looking for stellar narrative out of it, because it's not the genre's strong suit to begin with. MMORPGs with outstanding mainline plots are few and far between and tend to unfortunately lack in core gameplay or quality of life design, both of which are far more important to me. What "endgame" is or isn't is an entirely separate conceit and probably not worth getting into right now, but yes, it's baffling to me if you get notably worked up over the storyline quality in a game like this.

Sophia

Join us, Sophia

Join us.

Take a break from FFXIV raids!

I took a break from FFXIV ages ago. Patch 2.2 didn't last long enough, and seeing as PSO2 is down for undetermined future for anyone outside of Japan, I will probably log on. :p

Might take someone prying me away from Torchlight 2 however. That game is addicting.

Thorgal

This day is great .

New patch and S2 starting .

Belgium playing against the VS this evening ( May the best one win guys )

See you all there .

BraXzy

OhHlHs4.gif

Lunar15

I just hope we get some new skins other than the two things listed in that article.

I actually went on this weekend to try and see if I could make a deserty outfit but was unsatisfied.

Zeroth

The article certainly points out this expansion will be the opus magnum of humanity as a species, a process that will change the way we play MMOs forever and cry tears of happiness as we realize the impact this will have not only in our lives but also in those that will follow. To witness such events is breathtaking and will certainly be an experience that I will share with many future generations.

Go read it Hawk.

Hyunashi

Its nearly 12am, I always have this dilemma about whether I should sleep or wait for the patch even though I know it will probably hit at 2-3am. At least Argentina are playing so I might as well stay up!

Lunar15

There's no way they couldn't go vertical after the last few content updates. Everyone's agreed that verticality has made the newer maps really dynamic.

Hyunashi

For people who want spoilers (more zone than story spoilers), Woodenpotatoes has 3 videos in the process of upload (one is uploaded atm). So dont go to his YouTube page if you wanna wait!

Minamu

Am I right in understanding that some areas from the past go away forever during these patches or new seasons? Feelsbadman.jpg that I might miss content just because I wasn't there at the right time (Halloween events etc not counting).

Sophia

Am I right in understanding that some areas from the past go away forever during these patches or new seasons? Feelsbadman.jpg that I might miss content just because I wasn't there at the right time (Halloween events etc not counting).

And this is why the Living World system was revamped, so you can redo past content. :p

Levyne

Banned
New article? I'll read it after the update goes live. SO, why isn't there anyone else in mumble?

Because I am working hard.

*refreshes tab*

From now on, as long as you log in, you'll get the episode into your Story Journal to play whenever. Even if you do miss it because you don't log in (or are unable to), the episode can be purchased after. They are still working out how to do Season 1 iirc (since it wasn't played out with the new journal in mind.)

Jira

As far as Season 1 is concerned currently, that is correct. However, they said that they are going to try to make it so you will be able to play Season 1 stuff but it will take time. Season 1 wasn't built with the Journal system in mind as it didn't exist yet. It's important to note that the way GW2 works is that the world has an actual history, one that where its inhabitants can tell stories about what happened and show new players the changes to the world. It's much like how real life works where either you were there or you weren't.

Moondrop

Banned
If the new stat distribution is primarily toughness, then I don't think it'll be OP nor displace cleric for my shout healer. If it's mainly healing power that's another story.

Also my beastmaster ranger has perked up its ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom