• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

So much text in the last 10 or so hours.

Will look into those laptop graphics when I get to work Kos. To be honest I'm not particularly familiar with AMD's laptop offerings though you'd probably be able to get away with low or something even with the integrated HD 4500 these days if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: First post on page; have llama.

d4ea6llama01.jpg

Cels

i dunno if i was playing it wrong but i did some of the new living story instanced content last night and i got to the part where you
kill aerin. i was at that last part where you are in an enclosed arena-like area with a bunch of tendrils in the ground and a few raised rock platforms in the middle. the npc allies were just fighting the tendrils constantly so i was like screw this and i jumped up to where aerin was and killed him by myself

Retro

This might be off topic, but you folks kind of amaze me with how friendly you all are to eachother. I've yet to see GAFwars get in nasty arguments or fights, be it in this thread or in the game.

We've had some debates and such in the thread, but they never get anywhere close to what I would call nasty. Sometimes we butt heads with folks outside the thread, usually the same two or three people who always, predictably show up in every single MMO-related thread to shit on Guild Wars 2 (usually for things they've since fixed or changed). That tends to be especially annoying since calling people out for presenting their opinions as facts or clarifying misconceptions quickly gets labeled as being a cheerleader / stealth marketer / defense force. Even that has never got especially nasty though (no one, to my knowledge, was ever banned for taking part in one of them), and it's happened less and less as time goes on.

We're all happy enough with the game that we don't have to worry that someone else isn't enjoying it; it's 100% their loss. We also know who the rabid Fan Haters (TV Tropes warning again) are and I would imagine they're on a lot of ignore lists around here. There's also the fact that all of the usual negative social aspects of MMOs (mob tagging, kill / node stealing, loot rolling, raid slot in-fighting, etc) is gone, so everyone who plays is just so damn mellow and at peace with the world. GW2 players are like the hippies of MMOs
JUWnj.gif

In game, everyone is generally well behaved (in the past we've had some debates, but the officers generally ask them to take it to whispers or the OT so it doesn't disrupt anyone's fun). I think that's happened once or twice, and the offending members have since been asked to leave / left the guild.

Edit: Wat?

Haven't seen the Llama finisher before?

i dunno if i was playing it wrong but i did some of the new living story instanced content last night and i got to the part where you
kill aerin. i was at that last part where you are in an enclosed arena-like area with a bunch of tendrils in the ground and a few raised rock platforms in the middle. the npc allies were just fighting the tendrils constantly so i was like screw this and i jumped up to where aerin was and killed him by myself

Yeah, I mentioned that example earlier; I'm pretty sure that's how that fight was supposed to go; the NPCs are all dealing with one problem so you get to go tackle the 'boss' on your own.

And since it was discussed earlier in the thread, enjoy;

nataku

That's what I did, too. I'm pretty sure that's the way the fight is supposed to go.

Yup. That's how the fight is designed.
Which was honestly extremely tedious for my build :(

You must not have seen much of Kos then. He's like the only Canadian that literally hates everything.
I only hate mini-games and you.
So much text in the last 10 or so hours.

Will look into those laptop graphics when I get to work Kos. To be honest I'm not particularly familiar with AMD's laptop offerings though you'd probably be able to get away with low or something even with the integrated HD 4500 these days if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: First post on page; have llama.
I don't really have a choice that is the laptop work is giving me so it will have to do. The current work laptop has an i5 something with intel hd graphics and it runs the game and everything low at about 26-30fps so I should see an improvement.

Lol US loses on Canada Day. How embarrassing.

Lunar15

Wasn't a huge fan of the Aerin fight. Zephyrite crystals are great, but boss battles with Zephyrite crystals... not so much. Especially if you're a guardian without many ranged options.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Aerin fight. Zephyrite crystals are great, but boss battles with Zephyrite crystals... not so much. Especially if you're a guardian without many ranged options.

I didn't even use the crystals once? I stood next to him and hit him with a stick. When he teleported away, I just waited, and he would teleport back? The fight was actually rather annoying for being so lame. There's nothing to it. The only time you need to use a crystal is to break his shield, once, and those crystals are thrown right on top of you.

Pretty amazed at the quality of the story this had. Wauw. This living story doesn't feel like any of the previous ones. I really, really enjoyed this. Kudos on ArenaNet if they can keep this up. VA was great, writing was decent and I actually was interested all the way through.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No worries ,guys , you did good with soccer and you had us agonizing at the end .
Everybody had the same thought here : if they manage a tie it would come down to penalty's and nobody was looking forward to that after your Goalie's amazing display :p

but i am into this only fur fun and while i am not a huge sports man myself i want to see how far we can come in this competition .
For me , this is all in good fun and fun alone .

It won't make me go climb a high horse and start looking down on you guys in game or here
So polite and reasonable... just like every Belgian I met. Bet you're a good cook too.

*sigh* Good game, I can't stay mad at you!
I didn't even use the crystals once? I stood next to him and hit him with a stick. When he teleported away, I just waited, and he would teleport back? The fight was actually rather annoying for being so lame. There's nothing to it. The only time you need to use a crystal is to break his shield, once, and those crystals are thrown right on top of you.
Well I liked it a lot. I got knocked down by the bombs a number of times and used wind or lightning crystals to get back up.

Anyone want to offer some input on whether tomorrow night or Sunday night would be preferable for a Dry Top guild event?

Jira

I really loved how they tied the instanced stuff into the world. By that I mean you might go exploring and find an NPC that you later come across as part of moving the story forward. It isn't until that point you have the context as to why they say the things they do in the open world. I love that they put 4 instances worth of content/story into this small part of the zone alone.

Levyne

Banned
I thought that the fight was a lot better once I made sure I had a bow on swap. Grabbing a crystal, leaping after him to a tiny platform, dropping the crystal (5 skill) so that I could attack him and repeating to get back to the center wasn't very fun at all. Staying in the center, using the bow instead of chasing him and never picking up a crystal made things a lot more fun. And I never had to worry about losing my 1-5.

Retro mega posts always say what I want to say but better.

*specs*

I'm getting the following "work" laptop soon, do you think it will play Guild Wars 2 at high setting? Anyone here playing on similar setup?

I've a r7770 (which apparently is pretty similar to that vga, but with less memory) on an i5 running stock 3.8 with equal amounts of ram, and manage to get 60fps on high @ 1920 most of the time, with performance dropping to the 25-30's during teq. Maw start does manage to make it drop to under 20 territory, but that's about it.

So i guess you'll do pretty well.

Would recommend putting an SSD in that thing, tho.

Lunar15

This is actually closer to how I feel about it.

BraXzy

This might be off topic, but you folks kind of amaze me with how friendly you all are to eachother. I've yet to see GAFwars get in nasty arguments or fights, be it in this thread or in the game.

It is a pretty great little group. I've not noticed anyone kicking off or getting mad with anyone myself, hey it might happen.. it is Guild Wars after all.. insert Retro pun here. Hopefully it doesn't though :)

I didn't say in the thread but commiserations US folk. Like I said, you did a better job than England, Portugal, Spain and Italy to name a few so hold your heads high :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It is a pretty great little group. I've not noticed anyone kicking off or getting mad with anyone myself, hey it might happen.. it is Guild Wars after all.. insert Retro pun here. Hopefully it doesn't though :)

I didn't say in the thread but commiserations US folk. Like I said, you did a better job than England, Portugal, Spain and Italy to name a few so hold your heads high :p
Pretty sure Tim Howard had the most saves in a World Cup knockout game on record!

BraXzy

BraXzy

I could live in dry top. Gimme one of those Pueblo
houses and I'm good.

Hey there's a waiting list on those properties, join the queue! I'm waiting on a swell little spot on ground level. Apparantly some crazy lady lived in there last and has left a bunch of her stuff, waiting on the clear out :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not sure which night would be best for the guild group up in Dry Top since both are on a night before work for most but I'll be there of course :D
I hear that :( It could be early in the day on Sunday actually! Maybe right after makeup missions.

Friday is no good because it's my birthday and some other minor holiday or something, and Saturday, well, I already have my work cut out for me on Sat. nights ;)

So let's aim for Sunday, at 4:00PM EST then. EDT? EAT, Eastern Actual Time.

Will put together an info post soon

Jira

New build:

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue that required some players to log out and back in before they could activate the Living World episode.
Fixed an issue that caused male sylvari characters’ ears to disappear when wearing the Shadow Assassin Outfit.

Interesting. When I did the first part of the new season 2 stuff, in Brisbane,m I lost all sound effects save for music. After the event, and exiting the instance, nothing changed. Tried to log out, and it actually caused gw2 to stop responding.

Had to ctrl-alt-del the game to get back in. gave me my rewards after that, and didn't have any further issues with the update so far.

Thorgal

with the watch work mining pick i can make gold by using the watchwork sprockets to create Watch work mechanisms and sell those on TP for mucho dinero .

Is this correct ?

BraXzy

It's just a regular pick it won't give you sprockets.

Incorrect sir! There is a 20% chance to also gain a Watchwork Sprocket using that pick. Is it still on sale?

Woah those sprockets are worth almost 3 silver each? Maybe I should grab that pick instead of waiting on the molten one.

spiritfox

I liked the idea of the last fight, but I felt the execution could have been better. Like I said on chat, it was like a Zelda boss, albeit a badly designed one. I would have liked the battle to make use of the aspects more, but the boss to have less HP, so the point of the fight is figuring how to get to him instead of just slowing shooting him from afar.

BraXzy

I liked the idea of the last fight, but I felt the execution could have been better. Like I said on chat, it was like a Zelda boss, albeit a badly designed one. I would have liked the battle to make use of the aspects more, but the boss to have less HP, so the point of the fight is figuring how to get to him instead of just slowing shooting him from afar.

It was a bit of an odd fight. At first I tried clearing out the tendrils, but they just respawned, I guess to give the NPC's something to do. He was constantly knocking me off the rocks he was on which meant either trying to range from afar or repeatedly making your way back up. And the aspect pickups kept disappearing before I could reach them. I'm probably going to redo certain parts including that one solo to get a better feel for it.

Wtf. Is that for real? You can mine copper and end up with sprockets?

Yup: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Watchwork_Mining_Pick

Got into a T4 map thanks to GAF, and it was a BLAST.

Fh7Kgv8.jpg

I really like the organization people get into, covering all events, making sure things get completed, and then you fight some sweet bosses.

S8kyOxn.jpg

Once the sandstorm hits, I opened like 7 locked chests for some sweet stuff (no bandana or goggles yet, poo), and everyone was shouting out the location of the chests, so it was like a scavenger hunt.

diwtXtu.jpg

This entire zone, how it functions, the things to do in it, is amazing. The Notchii notchy notcji whoever you spell it, fight is incredible. The clockwork tells are so nice to see, but a pain if you're lagging.

I feel super nooby asking this...but how the hell do I meet up with a friend who starts in a different "world" than me? We're both level 15 or lower.

Vyrance

You should have seen it when they announced the world boss schedule, I was on a mean streak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom