• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I feel super nooby asking this...but how the hell do I meet up with a friend who starts in a different "world" than me? We're both level 15 or lower.

What the other folks said. If you are in different starter zones too, find your way to the nearest city and use Asuran Gates to travel to the city closest to them. Then just meet them somewhere, any time, any level! Feel free to ask in guild chat and I'd be happy to help you out.

Mxrz

There ever been any attempted 'Speed runs' of the GW2 storyline? My next long term goal was going to be to get all of my characters through it (8 left to go) but damn. There's so much filler-level junk after claw island.

Retro

I feel super nooby asking this...but how the hell do I meet up with a friend who starts in a different "world" than me? We're both level 15 or lower.

A different starting zone, or a different Megaserver?

If it's the first, head into your racial city (it's very close to where you start as a new character) and look for the swirly purple icon that marks the portals; you want the one for Lion's Arch. From there you can head to any of the other towns.

If it's the second, if you're in the same zone and in a group, right click his/her portrait and select the "Join in ..." option.

Trey

There ever been any attempted 'Speed runs' of the GW2 storyline? My next long term goal was going to be to get all of my characters through it (8 left to go) but damn. There's so much filler-level junk after claw island.

Best I can tell is there have been optimization for the first few story missions in order to farm BL keys.

BraXzy

Forgot to post this.. my new bow <3

VFtE0hp.jpg

Me and Chocolate Toast jamming out in a dungeon run

So has anyone had a spectacle (goggle) or the bandana thing drop yet?

BraXzy

yep buried box!

You lucky so and so. I bought a few lockpicks before and when the sandstorm came around I couldn't find a buried box for the life of me.

Are you gonna keep it or sell it? Or try and get the bandana and make the combined piece :D

Levyne

Banned
I normally don't care about skins but I kind of want that combined mantle. I think tomorrow I'll spend time in Dry Top opening chests and trying to get a piece.

Morokh

I liked the idea of the last fight, but I felt the execution could have been better.

Pretty much sums-up everytime I have issues with the game :p

I would have liked the battle to make use of the aspects more, but the boss to have less HP, so the point of the fight is figuring how to get to him instead of just slowing shooting him from afar.

The other confusing thing is that aspects don't work like a bundle (that you un-equip by switching weapons) but like costumes/siege machines.

And icing on the cake if you're an engineer, when an aspect times-out it will automatically throw you out of your current weapon kit.

Miktar said:
I really like the organization people get into, covering all events, making sure things get completed, and then you fight some sweet bosses.

Details ? i'm curious :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, so the map is like BB where you need organization?

I haven't played much on the new map yet.

Morokh

Wait, so the map is like BB where you need organization?

I haven't played much on the new map yet.

Not exactly.

Events pop-up more or less on a timer, if you complete them you increase your Zephyrite 'reputation', you can go up to tier 4 at which it would seem new things happen.
Each Tier also unlocks access to certain things at merchants.

It seems 'reputation' is reset at the end of every sandstorm, so you want to get all events done as quick as possible, which doesn't necessary need organization, but it sure helps if you're aiming for T4. (T2 usually happens on it's own, i've seen one or two T3 at the last minute on crowded maps)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/29pjji/guidedry_top_timers_easymoding_t4/

Boss Doggie

Not exactly.

Events pop-up more or less on a timer, if you complete them you increase your Zephyrite 'reputation', you can go up to tier 4 at which it would seem new things happen.
Each Tier also unlocks access to certain things at merchants.

It seems 'reputation' is reset at the end of every sandstorm, so you want to get all events done as quick as possible, which doesn't necessary need organization, but it sure helps if you're aiming for T4. (T2 usually happens on it's own, i've seen one or two T3 at the last minute on crowded maps)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...easymoding_t4/

Ah I see.

Only a matter of time then.

Thanks for the help with meeting up with a buddy, we got to play together last night.

I have a feeling I'm going to play a lot of this over the holiday weekend. I'll try to join the GAF guild today.

Thanks for the help with meeting up with a buddy, we got to play together last night.

I have a feeling I'm going to play a lot of this over the holiday weekend. I'll try to join the GAF guild today.

You and friend can both join. Just post account.#### here and one of the officers will send the invite.

Levyne

Banned
I like the jumping a lot better without the aspects. Even if it takes more time. Getting to the top of the JP using the assisted 1 skill is kind of boring. Making it to the top without felt pretty good.

BraXzy

Shots fired in this thread dayum!

Good to hear that you managed to meet up with your buddy Anton. Like Kos said, post you and your friends info and one of the officers can invite you both to the guild :)

As far as is the map like BB, I would say not really but there is some team work needed to an extent. You don't need to have 6 perfectly timed groups or anything, but some of the Champ fights are designed to try and be anti-AFK zerg mode.

The Three-Toed Tootsie for example needs CC/interupts every now and then to stop it running away like a headless chicken and healing up. Sure you could kind of get lucky with people happening to do it, but the fight is a lot easier once a group knows that they need to throw CC out. Unfortunately nothing to the extent of the pavillion but ahh well!

Boss Doggie

Huh, didn't know you can get the prizes from the festival in Laurel Merchant for 25 laurels + 15g.

...I guess this means Windcatcher Skin won't go up in price for me to sell huh? :/

Anno

Are the catcher skins on that list? They doubled or so already in the last few days. I thought it was just the story awards from various S1 content. Actually all of my investments from June have done very well over the last couple days come to think of it...

BraXzy

The culling begins!

I just completed the Dry Top 'meta'! There was one last Lost Coin that someone showed me which was in a SUPER sneaky spot. I might make a WebM/GIF of where it is because I bet most people with only a couple left have this one still to get. Then Nochtli the frog was made light work of by a big zerg.. I didn't realise this but you only need to jump to avoid his knockback.

Anet gimme meta skin QQ

Proven

Unf. So in addition to the colocal queen, the hylek up on the sparring rock, and Three-Toed Tootsie (who are always up and about), another champion boss appears per tier of Zephyrite favor:

T2: Champion Devourer
T3: Huge Dust Twister
T4: Dust Monster

Spawning and killing all of these has Guild Event written all over it. I'm planning to take it easy tonight, but maybe Thursday, or Sunday...

Get your bagless Hoovers ready people.

Oh wow, I should have realized the bosses were tied to the tiers. I'm going to have to have to see that Dust Monster at least once.

Also reminds me that I forgot to fully explore the Inquest base.

BraXzy

Since all of the bosses have dust in their name practically, I'm not sure which one the Dust Monster was exactly but I don't think it was all that exciting to fight, but still, it's different!

Still no luck with the buried locked chests. I have another 10 lockpicks waiting for the next sandstorm, fingers crossed!

Aaaaaaannd my monthly just popped!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Season 2 Event #1 - Taming the West - Sunday 7/6 at 4:00PM EDT

The sandstorms of Dry Top are a beacon of invitation, calling GAF to Prospect Valley. Let's aid the Zephyrites and tame every wild beast to be found among the dunes.

We'll have to complete events to raise our favor and and see the zone through to Tier 4. Our targets include:

Tier 1 (always around):
  • Nochtli the hopping Hylek hermit - bring jumps!
  • Three-Toed Tootsie (for any BL fans it's also acceptable to call her "Three Toes"), fastest Moa in the west - bring interrupts!
  • The Colocal Queen, queen, uh, of the colocals - bring not dying!
  • Tier 2: Devourer Queen
  • Tier 3: Huge Dust Twister
  • Tier 4: DUST MONSTER!!!!!111!!!11%$#^%$#%
One we've killed them all, we'll cap this one off with a group photo at the Llegendary Llama.

-----

The Culling

The scythe approaches...

On Tuesday, July 15th (the date of the next game release), members who have not logged on since April 15th will be removed from the guild roster.

If you do not wish to be culled and aren't sure when you were last online, just log on once within the next 12 days (as an added bonus, this will unlock S2 Episode 1 for you, yay) and you'll be safe.

As always, if you are culled, and wish to get back in, just ask an officer. It's nothing personal. Just noticing that you were culled is the activity level we look for in our members. ;)

Boss Doggie

Are the catcher skins on that list? They doubled or so already in the last few days. I thought it was just the story awards from various S1 content. Actually all of my investments from June have done very well over the last couple days come to think of it...

Ahh wait, there are no catcher skins! Hooray!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom