• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Picture is enlarged to show texture

Scarabs son. SCARABSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

scarabscok55.gif
scarabscok55.gif
scarabscok55.gif

I am now obligated to post a GIF or picture from The Mummy series of films that is relevant to the conversation.

BraXzy

I forgot to buy the gas mask.

Like people said, you can buy any of the Living World Season 1 rewards (that were available at the festival vendors) for 25 Laurels and 15G each.

Picture is enlarged to show texture

Scarabs son. SCARABSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

scarabscok55.gif
scarabscok55.gif
scarabscok55.gif

I am now obligated to post a GIF or picture from The Mummy series of films that is relevant to the conversation.

Euurghhhh. I suppose we are going to have a lot of dusty creatures in the fights ahead, what with the setting and all.

Hedge

I'm sad Dry Top didn't bring back my favourite enemy from GW1: the Thorn Stalker. Oh well, I guess there's still the rest of the map. I-it could still be there. D:

All this sand is making me miss my Dervish again. ;_;

BraXzy

Loving the GIF Ash!

Currently waiting with some guildies for my first Triple Wurm run. We're in a proper serious run though so it should go well.

DrAg0nBoY

So guys I am leaving in 24 hours for my vacation and just wanted to know if you are doing dungeons or something tonight? Would like to join, hoping that it is not too late for me. :)

Complistic

So I thought this was way cool.

I got a charged and onyx lodestone doing one of the events back to back. Well, I go to sell my onyx lodestone and hit sell. I look in my inventory and it's still there, but my charged lodestone is gone. Well I check my sold items and apparently it sold my charged lodestone at the onyx lodestone's price. Even though there are no buy orders for the charged lodestone at that price.

I had a ton of good drops today though so I'm not going to whine about it. I think it has something to do with the awful lag right now in Dry Top everyone is experiencing.

If your sale price is lower than the lowest buy order then it goes to the guy with lowest buy order and the extra money he listed gets refunded to him. Someone got an awesome deal on a lodestone thanks to you.

Complistic

There was no way I had the charged window open since I would have had no way of knowing to list it at the other's price.

You gotta believe me!

BraXzy

Darn that sucks Complistic.. I didn't realise you could sell at a lower price than the highest buy order though.

Triple Wurm whatsit failed, and I spent nearly an hour attempting to join the map with a million or so clicks :(

At least I sort of grt the Crimson Wurm head which is the one I was at. Run round in circles collecting the colourful smoky crap and dump said colourful smoky crap into its corresponding coloured zone. Then every now and then the Wurm head was attackable. There seemed to be some strategy involed because at one point everyone was told to avoid one colour till last. Even though I only caught the tail end of a third of a boss fight, it seemed like a pretty interesting fight that was a bit more colourful and fun than zergfest 5000.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Great birthday :) Even got some things that are convertible into gems as gifts! Triple Wurm is pretty damn complex fight and I've never beaten it personally. I'd definitely like to hop on for an organized one. I wish it had gotten its own release.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Darn that sucks Complistic.. I didn't realise you could sell at a lower price than the highest buy order though.

Triple Wurm whatsit failed, and I spent nearly an hour attempting to join the map with a million or so clicks :(

At least I sort of grt the Crimson Wurm head which is the one I was at. Run round in circles collecting the colourful smoky crap and dump said colourful smoky crap into its corresponding coloured zone. Then every now and then the Wurm head was attackable. There seemed to be some strategy involed because at one point everyone was told to avoid one colour till last. Even though I only caught the tail end of a third of a boss fight, it seemed like a pretty interesting fight that was a bit more colourful and fun than zergfest 5000.

Reminds me a little bit of that big purple raid boss in WoW. The one where you had to kill certain colored oozes or the boss would squash you like a bug.

Levyne

Banned
Divinity that good huh? I've got to focus and dive into it.

There was a male prostitute outside of a tavern yelling pick up lines, trying to encourage people to take part in sexy time. "I hope there's a fireman standing by because you seem smoking." I thought "why not", maybe I can follow him into the locked room and loot it afterwards. Also maybe there's an achievement, who knows.

Apparently he was a zealot working for the "Conduit of the Goddess" and took the ruse as an opportunity to de-robe my character and get him alone so that he could easily dispense divine justice. Well, I had no gear and Ramon was a tough cookie so I was unsure what to do. Before he managed to silence me, I summon a giant spider behind the bed in the room to chew on his ankles while I grab every random item laying about including a broom and a decorative sword and get in any good whack I could.

The killing blow was struck with a mandolin.

Thorgal

So since i am going for 100% map completion i thought to myself : why not take some pictures during the long road ahead of all the nice spots i find like i am a damn Tourist on vacation .

Here are the first 2 ;

gw22014-07-0421-08-01r9kgk.jpg

gw22014-07-0421-31-19v6j1m.jpg

Moondrop

Banned
The killing blow was struck with a mandolin.
I have so many ideas for parties but I can't get past the character creation screen. Which is ridiculous because I hardly know how the game plays. I'm just going to start with a rogue and a ranger/mage and bumble about.

Levyne

Banned
I have so many ideas for parties but I can't get past the character creation screen. Which is ridiculous because I hardly know how the game plays. I'm just going to start with a rogue and a ranger/mage and bumble about.

I started with a Shadowblade (whatever that is) and quickly converted her to an archer since the back-stabbing Scoundrel-Dagger playstyle didn't fit well with what the other units were running. It stinks that outside of the hired mercenaries that there's only 2 set characters to fill your 2 slots. Luckily, they both fill roles neither of mine fulfill so I'm able to run with them "as intended" for the most part. But yeah, a lot of people have mentioned starting over a few times to get their pair of characters just right. I could never do that x_x

Oh. Guild Wars 2...

Missions in something like 15 hours!

BraXzy

They are some nice shots Thorgal! I myself am going to try and actively get my map completion up to 100%. My Warrior is sitting at somelike like 42% so I'm pretty much halfway there!

So I thought this was way cool.

I got a charged and onyx lodestone doing one of the events back to back. Well, I go to sell my onyx lodestone and hit sell. I look in my inventory and it's still there, but my charged lodestone is gone. Well I check my sold items and apparently it sold my charged lodestone at the onyx lodestone's price. Even though there are no buy orders for the charged lodestone at that price.

I had a ton of good drops today though so I'm not going to whine about it. I think it has something to do with the awful lag right now in Dry Top everyone is experiencing.

This is a rare bug that has been in the game since DAY FUCKING ONE, doesn't affect a lot of games it got me once but it wasn't like yours i listed a Carrot for 5g, so this is what happens, as you stated you sell the onyx but instead of the window popping up telling what price you want to list you saw all the items you could sell at the TP, somehow you clicked the Charged but the icon/name of item never changed so you thought you were selling the onyx when you were selling the charge even the Trading Post system is confused by this, so you listed the charge at onyx price, basically you got fucked by Anet i have reported this bug many times and it's going to be 2 years and it's still in the game..

BraXzy

I can't even get a train in EotM to lvl my thief. And I thought last week was bad.

Yeah EotM has been horrible recently, we keep getting red team which always seems to suck. When I did a bit on my Warrior I went an hour eith like 2 caps.. then got lucky and went up 5 levels with a good commander.

SirKhalid

Yeah EotM has been horrible recently, we keep getting red team which always seems to suck. When I did a bit on my Warrior I went an hour eith like 2 caps.. then got lucky and went up 5 levels with a good commander.
I got into the perfect train in eotm the other day. I spent 3 hours in there and the three armies never met. We had a perfect rotation.

spiritfox

Some post in the official forums said:
God Tier-
Engineer: Best class, can do everything better than everyone else especially style on fools.

Good Tier-
Guardian: A good source of stability and reflects for your engineer.
Warrior: A good source of Fury and stat buffs from banners for your engineer.

Ok Tier-
Elementalist: A good source of healing for your engineer. Can also provide fire fields if you’re feeling lazy on your engineer.

Situational Tier-
Mesmer: A good source of portal for completing jumping puzzles on your engineer. Also can throw down timewarp for supreme grenade spamming on your engineer.
Thief: A good source of stealth for your engineer.
Ranger: A good source of Frost Spirit for your engineer.

Comedy Tier-
Necromancer: A good source of entertainment for your engineer and the rest of your party.

Best post ever.

Complistic

This is a rare bug that has been in the game since DAY FUCKING ONE, doesn't affect a lot of games it got me once but it wasn't like yours i listed a Carrot for 5g, so this is what happens, as you stated you sell the onyx but instead of the window popping up telling what price you want to list you saw all the items you could sell at the TP, somehow you clicked the Charged but the icon/name of item never changed so you thought you were selling the onyx when you were selling the charge even the Trading Post system is confused by this, so you listed the charge at onyx price, basically you got fucked by Anet i have reported this bug many times and it's going to be 2 years and it's still in the game..

Ah I see. My listing things on the TP is so fast and second nature now that a little bit of TP lag was all it took.

Ah well. I think perhaps a double confirmation box for orders that you list below the lowest buy price might be a good idea.

BraXzy

Since I am planning on making a legendary, I've been looking into the ingredients needed to cook one up and I have a question about one of them. 'The Gift of Exploration' which from the looks of it is needed for any legendary since it is used in making a 'Gift of Mastery'. Since you only get two exploration gifts from 100%ing the map, I assume if you make more than two you need to 100% the map on another character? Or can you only ever make two?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom