• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I think we have two directions we have to go in at this point. First, we need to go underground (likely through the mine) in order to find the lay-line and see where Scarlet went mad. I would not be surprised if this became a dungeon

Second, we're in a race against Mordremoth's underlings to find Glint's offspring. This will be what pushes us farther into Maguuma.

The Maguuma wastes will be an investigation. I think after that we'll move into an assault phase.

Ashodin

Leyline Hub dungeon would be absolutely SICK. Can you imagine fighting a boss with the background of glowy awesome underground!? Fuuu

Also I have a theory: Elder Dragons can't corrupt other Elder Dragon minions, but what happens if one of them has figured out how to do just that? It would mean utter chaos.

New dungeon would be awesome. I'm hoping we get dungeons with paths that cater to different skills; timed race path, jumping puzzle centered dungeon path, etc

BraXzy

So I just did Karka Queen, after she died I realised I must have already done it today since I didn't get a proper chest/see the main chest. The main chest has apparantly now shut whilst I was stood right on it so I am trapped inside xD

Can't wait for someone to come along and open it expecting phat lewt, and all they get is a grisly Charr!

Retro

Figures you'd be an expert on blasting shafts Retro
Jdefn1v.png
ibl4SRGhEGOaUT.gif

Lunar15

Leyline Hub dungeon would be absolutely SICK. Can you imagine fighting a boss with the background of glowy awesome underground!? Fuuu

Also I have a theory: Elder Dragons can't corrupt other Elder Dragon minions, but what happens if one of them has figured out how to do just that? It would mean utter chaos.

Well, I'm glad you mentioned that because it brings up an interesting point. Glint was a minion of Kralkatorrik, if I remember correctly. Mordremoth going after Glint's Offspring would basically mean that he's snatching away a minion of Kralkatorrik.

As for stealing dragon minions, that's pretty much the entire goal and purpose of the Inquest, is it not? They're a player in season 2 as well. It'll be interesting to see what happens with them.

Lunar15

More than anything, I can't wait for the season when we march on Jormag. I shall sing the songs of my people!

Plus, who's going to break that tooth? Is it me? Is it Braham? Is it Nornhearne? I must know!

Ashodin

Yep, the Inquest believe they can harness Dragon Energy and consider it to be the most powerful energy in the world.

You're making me want to go explore the Crucible of Eternity again and the Infinite Coil Reactor.

Ashodin

Also if we're going north, that's where the Bandits or whatever live that the Prosperity folk have been talking about.

As a side note, I love this old west feel they're going for in Maguuma.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Any tips for easy money? I'm only at 4.5 gold so far and i'm lvl 43, even by selling some of the mats i get while lvling on the Trading Post... things are only worth a couple of coppers or 1 silver each at best. Just buying copper ores on the Trading Post might ruin me lol.
It's not something that's as easy to do as in WoW where 20 leathers can give you 10 gold sadly.

Levyne

Banned
Any tips for easy money? I'm only at 4.5 gold so far and i'm lvl 43, even by selling some of the mats i get while lvling on the Trading Post... things are only worth a couple of coppers or 1 silver each at best. Just buying copper ores on the Trading Post might ruin me lol.
It's not something that's as easy to do as in WoW where 20 leathers can give you 10 gold sadly.

I wouldn't worry too much about money until you're level 80. Generally easiest to do some world events or easy dungeon runs then. Do a couple of each each day and it will eventually add up. There are other ways of course.

BraXzy

I made a really clutch play in a dungeon run before, I was so chuffed :D

We pulled 3 Mini-Boss types to a corner, who all did pretty hard AoE damage straight away. I popped my absorbing heal as everyone else downed, I then used Endure Pain and stability to give myself time enough to Battle Standard. It was all pretty simple and nothing crazy but it still felt good!

Retro

As Levyne suggested, running dungeons at 80 generally will take care of your monetary needs. Until then, selling off any Iron or Silk might get you some money as I believe the prices are still fairly high.

By the way, one of the reasons it's easy to make gold off crafting materials in WoW is that each server had its own isolated economy, which made it very easy for a few people to disrupt and manipulate things, leading to price spikes and sudden falls. GW2's economy is global, and thus very hard for individuals to influence.

We pulled 3 Mini-Boss types to a corner, who all did pretty hard AoE damage straight away. I popped my absorbing heal as everyone else downed, I then used Endure Pain and stability to give myself time enough to Battle Standard. It was all pretty simple and nothing crazy but it still felt good!

Sometimes I wonder if I should just run my Elite signet, since it is infinitely more valuable even when it's not active. Then I run a dungeon and revive two or three people instantly and I remember why I loves that banner.

As Levyne suggested, running dungeons at 80 generally will take care of your monetary needs. Until then, selling off any Iron or Silk might get you some money as I believe the prices are still fairly high.

By the way, one of the reasons it's easy to make gold off crafting materials in WoW is that each server had its own isolated economy, which made it very easy for a few people to disrupt and manipulate things, leading to price spikes and sudden falls. GW2's economy is global, and thus very hard for individuals to influence.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just run my Elite signet, since it is infinitely more valuable even when it's not active. Then I run a dungeon and revive two or three people instantly and I remember why I loves that banner.

Wool Scrap is still at like 4silver last I checked (last night), still not 100% sure why though

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... if i want to lvl up my weaponsmith and armorsmith, i'd better farm the copper ores then? I can't easily grab golds so early if I understand right.

Complistic

It was pretty clutch. We'd of been wiped.

Thorgal

What exactly happens if you wipe in a fractal ?

Do you have to restart that particular area or are you kicked out of the fractal entirely ?

at your level making gold shouldn't be your focus, getting to level 80 is what you want to focus on, the game really begins at level 80..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Are you guys currently inviting for the GAF guild? I saw someone mention in the other thread that you were almost out of new spots.

I haven't played since three months after launch and I'm kind of lost, haha.

Zeroth

Are you guys currently inviting for the GAF guild? I saw someone mention in the other thread that you were almost out of new spots.

Indeed, we are still accepting new people!

We are doing guild missions in 21 minutes, now is a good time to join the guild!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So... if i want to lvl up my weaponsmith and armorsmith, i'd better farm the copper ores then? I can't easily grab golds so early if I understand right.
Hmmm, we can help a bit more if we understand the end you're going for. You wanted gold to be able to level weraponsmith and armosmithing? Are you looking to level them for XP, or to be able to craft your own weapons and heavy armor to wear, or to make gold?

Different advice will apply. But yes, if you want to craft, gather and salvage everything you find.

Sure, just post a character or account name. We are nearing cap but will be culling our roster soon to make room :)

---
testippity test test

Or a group of Zephyrites will choose to remain in Prosperity, creating a permanent Zephyrite settlement in the cliffs and mesas of Dry Top (like Thunder Bluff on steroids, minus the lazy, wholesale 'borrowing' of the High Plains Native American cultures).

(Fun fact: It's been so long I had to look up what the name of the Tauren city was.)

1. He's chasing one of the ships that crashed with
Baby Glint
inside.
2. It's still there, like a huge underground river; we just need to blast open the original shaft.
3. Sailing around the world to reach Cantha, taking the long way to avoid Jormag to the North and Kralkatorrik to the south.
4. They're Dragon Minions, they can't help it. Whenever they get close to Mordremoth they just go batshit crazy.

Or
Glint Egg

BraXzy

I never run anything but banner if I am in a group for anything even remotely dangerous. It's just tooooo goood!

Finally got the Spectacles to drop! Shame it was the light version but ahh well.

Also, special thanks to Gattsby for helping towards my daily reviver haha :)

<3 Revive banner; I don't tend to use it often since the groups I run with tend to be good enough. And Lyssa runes made my warrior so fucking good. I still use the banner enough especially with bosses like Lupus.

Though I just now found out they nerfed Lyssa runes pretty hard. RIP Aegis + Stability =(

Ashodin

<3 Revive banner; I don't tend to use it often since the groups I run with tend to be good enough. And Lyssa runes made my warrior so fucking good. I still use the banner enough especially with bosses like Lupus.

Though I just now found out they nerfed Lyssa runes pretty hard. RIP Aegis + Stability =(

Yep Lyssa got boned, really hard for Guardians. Used to be our best rune set.

Traveler's is awesome now, as is Flame Legion for Guardians. Holy god flame legion. yum

spiritfox

Finally got around to doing Arah Story. It was a long ass trip on a slow ass airship leading to a fight that was disappointing, to say the least. You don't even get to fight Zhaitan face to face. Just shooting him with cannons is boring. They could have at least have a ground fight after shooting him out of the sky, but meh.

Yeah. It's a pretty underwhelming fight.

Or rather, it's pretty much shit, sorry ANet.
Yeah, but it's true. Biggest let down in the game IMO.

It's probably likely they'll clean up areas to fit the current story (ie, the Zephyrites won't be there forever), but the rewards and objectives should still be the same. I'd expect some Zephyrites to stay behind in Prosperity, for example, and offer rewards that we are given now (especially since there's a vendor already there).

I expect ramps and ladders being added to sections that are hard to traverse without crystals.
A little bird told me that the crystals are permanently there in dry top.

Levyne

Banned
I don't know the details but there are make-ups on Sunday. I can't imagine them being nearly as fun, they're more for the items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom