• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Holy shit is that a painting?

Just some SweetFX, it seems.

Here's me with my new face getup:

6cP471h.jpg

At one point, the Skritt Burglar in Dry Top had about 30 people chasing him, and he turned them all into llamas. I barely caught the action, there is so much llama off-screen here:

Ps3fLYT.jpg

Seen on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...op_is_one_of_the_most_immersive_zones_in_the/

Thought the shots were damn good. I made my Adventurer's Mantle today too, after lucking into the goggles from a box. Finally, something that doesn't hide my hair, but I'm using the full mantle for now, so goggles, so people can stop talking about my eyes. O.=.O

I love these goggles but the straps being below the ears bugs me so much. Those things should be falling off.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So technically speaking, the only time you are "forced" to buy in making legendaries is 120g right, 100g for runestones and 20g for the two recipes?

BraXzy

So technically speaking, the only time you are "forced" to buy in making legendaries is 120g right, 100g for runestones and 20g for the two recipes?

I was wondering this too.

In gold, yes.

If you value time, however, that won't be the way to go.

What stuff would you typically buy instead of farming?

I think I might make a spreadsheet to keep track of all the stuff I need so I keep a gradual steady record of progress.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Tomorrow is gearing up to be the greatest Tuesday in the history of Tuesday's.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That sucks but at least they weren't level 80 fully geared. Roll a Warrior or a Thief!
Totally not biased based on them being the only 2 classes I have.

I may roll a warrior. I want a 'easy' class to get used to, so I can learn the basics of the game.

nataku

I hate the camera system in this game so much.

If Anet is so insistent on putting things like the jumps up to the diving goggles in Dry Top into the game they need to fix the damn camera so you can see what the hell you're doing.

At the very least don't punish people with instant death for failing when the entire problem is their camera and collision system.

Retro

:'( Now what to roll?

Names are reserved for 24 hours, so just make some quick characters to lock down the names you want. Then when you're ready the names won't have been snatched up or anything.

Good starting classes (that is, the ones that are strong, simple and less likely to die early in the game) are Warrior, Ranger and Guardian, but you can honestly try any profession you like. As Hawkian is fond of pointing out, it's like picking a character in a fighting game or brawler, where everyone sort of has roughly the same tools to get the job done, but the style and mechanics vary from profession to profession, to the point that they all feel fairly unique. That difference makes all the world whether GW2 'clicks' with an individual or not.

Before the game came out, my wife was pretty sure she'd play a Ranger. Then during the first Beta Weekend Event she found she didn't really care for it, and really enjoyed Elementalist instead. When the game actually launched, she tried a Mesmer and instantly fell in love. After a few months, she also leveled a Guardian and a Thief (two professions I think we both thought would have never interested her). It really can make all the difference.

It's not like most MMOs where all the melee classes are more or less the same with different versions of 'swing sword', casters are only different because their candy-colored buttons are green instead of red, etc. When I play my thief, I approach combat a completely different way than I would on my Warrior, or my Engineer, or my Elementalist, or my Mesmer, or my Guardian. Each one plays differently enough it's not exactly a whole new game, but it's a new experience for sure.

For what it's worth, I had planned to go Warrior or Guardian before the BWEs, then I settled on Warrior at launch. While I still think of my Warrior as my 'main' and the best geared / set-up for getting just about anything done, I think my favorite profession is Engineer, which came completely out of left field for me and not at all the type of profession I usually play.

spiritfox

Engineers are great. I'm not biased at all.

Also, there more than one way to play any class. Most classes can go either damage or support easily, do experiment to your advantage.

Ranger stinks, avoid.

But they're so much fun. Ranger was my first alt, and the journey from 1 to 80 was the smoothest of all the professions. I'd totally recommend the ranger to newcomers or people who just want to play solo for a while to get the hang of things.

Retro

Gonna have to say, I don't play my Ranger hardcore (he's not even level 80 yet), but he's been surprisingly enjoyable. Which is much more than I expected since I usually hate pet classes and don't really care for long-range combat (even my ele tends to be Dagger/Dagger most of the time). But it works, and I enjoy it. I dunno that it will ever replace my main, or become my favorite profession, but I do have a lot of fun when I'm in the mood to play him.

We've never seen corrupted Mordremoth races.

That we know of.

I also think that there's no hard rule on how dragon minions are made. The Branded are obviously corrupted forms of life, and the Icebrood seem to follow the same logic. The Risen aren't corrupted life, but instead are 'corrupted death'. Destroyers appear to be created rather than corrupted. It seems logical to me that the Jungle Elder Dragon would grow minions rather than corrupt existing lifeforms.

Retro

Is there any reason why GAF had a brain fart before? Did something cray cray just get announced?

Just seemed like lag. I don't see anything too important, but then I also tend to stick to just my subscribed threads. Venturing into Gaming side or OT only happens when I'm bored and I usually regret it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Names are reserved for 24 hours, so just make some quick characters to lock down the names you want. Then when you're ready the names won't have been snatched up or anything.

Good starting classes (that is, the ones that are strong, simple and less likely to die early in the game) are Warrior, Ranger and Guardian, but you can honestly try any profession you like. As Hawkian is fond of pointing out, it's like picking a character in a fighting game or brawler, where everyone sort of has roughly the same tools to get the job done, but the style and mechanics vary from profession to profession, to the point that they all feel fairly unique. That difference makes all the world whether GW2 'clicks' with an individual or not.

Before the game came out, my wife was pretty sure she'd play a Ranger. Then during the first Beta Weekend Event she found she didn't really care for it, and really enjoyed Elementalist instead. When the game actually launched, she tried a Mesmer and instantly fell in love. After a few months, she also leveled a Guardian and a Thief (two professions I think we both thought would have never interested her). It really can make all the difference.

It's not like most MMOs where all the melee classes are more or less the same with different versions of 'swing sword', casters are only different because their candy-colored buttons are green instead of red, etc. When I play my thief, I approach combat a completely different way than I would on my Warrior, or my Engineer, or my Elementalist, or my Mesmer, or my Guardian. Each one plays differently enough it's not exactly a whole new game, but it's a new experience for sure.

For what it's worth, I had planned to go Warrior or Guardian before the BWEs, then I settled on Warrior at launch. While I still think of my Warrior as my 'main' and the best geared / set-up for getting just about anything done, I think my favorite profession is Engineer, which came completely out of left field for me and not at all the type of profession I usually play.

Think I may roll a Ranger. Thus far I've played as a Guardian and an Engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom