• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Thorgal I'm trying that preset for SweetFX that you linked earlier. I like it a lot more than the one I found. Good find.

Jira

So the publisher of GW2 in China compiled a 2nd census today.

The first census saw 760k players on launch day.

Today (2 months later) there's a whopping 3.8 million players. Bringing GW2 up to a whopping 7m+ sales in less than 2 years, meeting it's predecessor in a fraction of the time with no expansions.

Server breakdown and population: (full star = T1 WvW empty star = T2 WvW)

De Weina 304,773 ★

Lion's Arch 302,635 ★

Blade of Destiny 285,065 ★

nightwatchman 240,464 ★

Dolma 206,009 ★

words of God to 175,404 ☆

deep sea dragon 137,967 ★

Abberton 135,404 ☆

Blessed City 133,117 ☆

of God swamp 130,578 fans

Balthazar 128,153 ☆

falling rock waterfall 125,193

Shield Cliff 115,783 ☆

Lisa 114,928 ☆

Zetan 110,809 ★

Titans Claw 107,033

Gulan Si 104,334 ★

Kemi Er 85,601 ☆

Merlin duo 85,240 ☆

Purgatory Canyon 85,169 ☆

soul York 78,565

Lata Som 69,575

passphrase Mission 65,787 ☆

Dawn Heights 62,455

Derman religious 55,089 ☆

fear Gulf 54,947 ☆

ash wasteland 48,444

betrayal abyss 47,796

green lake 46,666

camp Modesto 44,390 ☆

carat Cato 32,185

Eye of the North 31,588

Ed Byrne 11,097

BraXzy

Those are some nice numbers Anet! I wonder what kind of bump the recent half price sales did in the rest of the world?

I just did what I think was my first SE3 run. Thankfully the people I PUG'd with knew what they were doing and with a bunch of stacking and skipping we did it in way under 10 minutes. I didn't time it but it felt crazy fast.

Ashodin

Too Stronk Guardian Build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNA...dKEjZAA-TxRDABOcQAY4IA8pugKuAAhq+DP7PAwDAAA-e

Hammer + Scepter/Focus

Main Stat Combo:

Zealot
Power/Precision/Healing Power

Goal is to be damaging and healy at the same time, and might stacks will help with that. You get a LOT of might with this build.

Spec: 03641

Radiance 6, Valor 6 8 11, Honor 2 8

You gain might when you block, you gain might when you crit, you gain might on swap. Lots of little dudes? Pop Justice every time it's up. Might might might.

Superior Rune of the Strength on all six pieces of gear. Might might might.

Utilities: Signet of Judgment, Hold the Line!, Retreat!

Elite: Tome of Courage

Hammer(Zealot)

Sigils: Life/Battle; Gain stacks of healing power, swap into might stacks.

Use the hammer combo to generate protection fields. Pop Hold the Line to double up on protection length time.

Switch to ranged if need be, block them fuckin' attacks for more might with focus. Switch back for more might.

Pop Hold the Line + Courage + Resolve every time it's on CD to keep up regen + prot.

Flamethrower about to hit the party? Use your heal, and block the whole damn thing. Instant 25 might stack.

Dodge roll like a motherfucker and heal while positioning yourself.

Damn I might try this spec myself!

As of tonight, we have a new champion for "Worst Item on the Gem Store":

bYmsE6d.png

For 250 gems worth of gold, you could probably get every single nonexclusive red dye on the TP; the only 'expensive' one is Midnight Fire, and that's only 6g.

EDIT: WOW, YOU CAN'T EVEN CHOOSE MIDNIGHT FIRE WITH IT. This item.. what the hell were they thinking!

Hyunashi

2Wz1EUW.png

Finally got my last class to 80 (never realized engi could be fun actually) which also coincided with me getting my 7th legendary (Flameseeker)! So today was a good day. Will probably go Juggernaut next if I can stay motivated up till the end of my Uni break.

Katoki

I'm really tempted to get that shield as well but then I haven't gotten around to the parts where engineers really open up. The low levels really feel like you're just going through the motions since the traits I once had are all locked up now.

Thorgal

So the publisher of GW2 in China compiled a 2nd census today.

The first census saw 760k players on launch day.

Today (2 months later) there's a whopping 3.8 million players. Bringing GW2 up to a whopping 7m+ sales in less than 2 years, meeting it's predecessor in a fraction of the time with no expansions.

Server breakdown and population: (full star = T1 WvW empty star = T2 WvW)

If it is alright , do you have a link to to those numbers as i think this is worth a new thread ?

Hyunashi

I'm really tempted to get that shield as well but then I haven't gotten around to the parts where engineers really open up. The low levels really feel like you're just going through the motions since the traits I once had are all locked up now.

Shield has a really nice effect, I mainly got it for fun and its use will unfortunately be sparing as I build around the meta. Personally, low levels were a bore when leveling alts for me especially with this new trait system. Also I thought engi was underwhelming while leveling up, but after hitting 80 and running a few dungeons with a might stack build, I found it to be quite an enjoyable class.

Hellers

Even after all this time I still love the graphics engine and art style. This is my Elementalist at about level 50. I've gone for a kind of Gothic Lolita/Baby Metal look :) She's 58 at the moment and will be my third 80 when I'm done. I'm thinking I might do either my mesmer or my thief next. They're both sitting at around level 30.

Too Stronk Guardian Build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNA...dKEjZAA-TxRDABOcQAY4IA8pugKuAAhq+DP7PAwDAAA-e

Hammer + Scepter/Focus

Dodge roll like a motherfucker and heal while positioning yourself.

Damn I might try this spec myself!

For some reason that build didn't have all gear equipped, so i went ahead and filled it up.

That 48% crit doesn't seem particularly enticing, especially since hammer is so slow and the ferocity is nonexistent. You'll also be about as fragile as a zerker/sin, while not providing the kinda might or damage one is able to supply with a build like this. Additionally, while i'm not one to eschew guardian healing, what with me always carrying a cleric set around, it does seem that the class shines strongest on D when you properly rotate the aegis provided by VoC, Retreat, and Renewed focus, on top of blinds from VoJ and Leap of Faith, none of which are reliant on healing gear, so ymmv. On top of that, if youve a source of might in the party, swapping empowering might for writ of persistence and camping hammer will keep Symbol of Protection up 100% of the time, while giving the symbol two more damage ticks.

For utility, i've been fooling around with this with surprisingly solid results. I'm also more of a fan of dropping wall of reflection on flamethrowers or simply interrupting them with Banish, but that's just down to play style. Additionally, while using your heal will prevent you from being cooked alive, the attack will still hit everybody near you, so...eh.

Also, i'm a zerk/sin stacker, so do take my view of it with considerable salt. Gotta go faaaaaassssttt! (And die a lot while you get used to it >_<)

Hellers

I spend part of my lunch break opening some of my collection of over 100 unidentified dyes (From when the switch to account bound was made). I've got a load of crap to sell on the TP which will take bloody ages but I got a hell of a shock.

Celestial :) I think I'm going to keep that one. It's worth more to me than what I can sell it for. I'm going to try mixing it in with midnight fire on my elementalist and see if I can get a gothic maid look going.

Anno

My recent math showed Sigil of Life is worse for healing than either Sigil of Renewal or (revamped) Water. Or you could just go Sigil of Strength for the Holy Sigil/Rune Trinity like my ele.

The dodge roll from just one sigil of energy probably heals more than everything else possible, especially with so much +healing since it scales so nicely. Not to mention any damage avoided.

Hyped to see the Pact get back in on things!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my 7th legendary
what. wow.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/entanglement-begins-july-15/

AWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Well there goes some part of Timberline Falls
Whoa, this looks outstanding.
So at 15th do we have to start paying for access to the LIVING STORIESS part 1?!
I want to understand how you're confused but I'm not sure. If you log in once before the 15th then episode 1 will unlock for free.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Past episodes you missed the chance to unlock cost 200 gems, is that what you mean?

The story instances in Episode 1 are not "required" (it's not like you are prevented from accessing the new map or anything) so you don't have to pay for them. But if you're just asking about how it works, then yes, you have two weeks to log in during the live release to unlock the Episode for your account, after that it's 200 gems.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just log in once on any character, it's an account wide unlock. You can then start it at any time on each character from then on (or once that character reaches 80 for lower levels).

edit: You'll see an icon popup in the lower right for the unlock.

Moondrop

Banned
The dodge roll from just one sigil of energy probably heals more than everything else possible, especially with so much +healing since it scales so nicely. Not to mention any damage avoided.
Edit: Hold on, you're talking about battle/energy as sigils as compared to battle/renewal or battle/water? Let me do the math. Because my math is clear on sigil of life.

2nd Edit: Sure, if you have a lot of healing power, sigil of energy will beat sigils of renewal and water if you spam dodges.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Retro, please toss this into the OT in the controller section to alleviate the Chrome issue, when you get the chance.
Download the profiles/script here: https://www.mediafire.com/?xdyibug9yid7tv4

Then:
1) Go to http://www.freewarefiles.com/Xpadder_program_21789.html and download version 5.3 of XPadder, and put it wherever you unzipped that too
2) Go to http://www.autohotkey.com/ and download AutoHotKey. Install/decompress it, then run "ahk2exe.exe" from the "Compiler" folder. Click "Browse" next to "Source file" and open the included "Guild Wars 2 Mouse Script.ahk" script
3) Follow INSTRUCTIONS.txt

Lunar15

That teaser video is GREAT!

This is moving in exactly the direction I wanted it to. Good show, Anet!

Also, notice that the vines are attacking
a Pact base. Hopefully we'll get more involvement from the Pact soon! Mordremoth knows what he's doing.

EDIT:
Oh hey, looks like the magical layline is there in that cave! And that weird asuran thing from Scarlet's drawings.

Retro

As of tonight, we have a new champion for "Worst Item on the Gem Store":

bYmsE6d.png

For 250 gems worth of gold, you could probably get every single nonexclusive red dye on the TP; the only 'expensive' one is Midnight Fire, and that's only 6g.

EDIT: WOW, YOU CAN'T EVEN CHOOSE MIDNIGHT FIRE WITH IT. This item.. what the hell were they thinking!

Midnight Fire is a grey when you sort by hue, so it shouldn't be on the list anyways. Definitely not worth 250 gems though, not by a long shot.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/entanglement-begins-july-15/

AWWWWWWWWW YEAH

Well there goes some part of Timberline Falls

There goes Prosperity too. I wonder how the vines are getting all the way to Timberline, they would have to travel under Caledon and Bloodtide Coast.... and the Dominion of Winds.

Posted :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=120006346#post120006346

Hope you don't mind i Loaned most of your post .

It sounded the best to put in the OT .

Might want to add that the 3.5 million non-China sales was from the first anniversary, before it started going on these crazy half-off sales. I would be willing to bet it's over 4 now, maybe even close 4.5m. That puts worldwide sales at 7.5-8m, potentially.

Retro, please toss this into the OT in the controller section to alleviate the Chrome issue, when you get the chance.

Done. Let me know if you need any changes.

I just realized that the guild pic of us at the labyrinthine Cliffs is Missing on The OT .

Ah yeah, I'll find a good one and get it in there. I think I may remove one of the others though, that's a lot to scroll through right off the bat. At one point somebody in the HaloGAF threads figured out how to have rotating banners so that every time you loaded the page a new one could be loaded. Maybe I'll look around and see if there's a way to do that with the banners.

Ashodin

Retro someone on reddit had a chilling thought, what if the transfer of energy through the asuran waypoint near the beginning of dry top allows the energy to transfer into the ground where it comes out at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom