• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload - "Best 2D fighter on XBox" - IGN Review

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/546/546915p1.html

7.0 Presentation
Lots of game modes to enjoy, but the overall packaging is unattractive.

9.0 Graphics
Not only is it colorful and interesting, but it runs smoothly and is unlike any other fighting game on Xbox. Very strange, but also very well-designed characters are top-notch.

7.5 Sound
Lots of heavy metal to get your blood pumping and good voice acting to boot. No custom soundtracks of Dolby Digital 5.1 support is a bit disappointing.

9.0 Gameplay
Deep fighting system with a steep learning curve. If you take the time to learn the subtleties of each character, you'll probably love it.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
Plenty of modes to enjoy solo and there's also online play. Lack of System Link sucks a bit, but if you enjoy the game, you can put in 40-50 hours easily and not get bored.

8.9 OVERALL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Strike will kick its ass.

Speevy

Banned
In what universe does this game deserve a 9 for graphics? I mean it looks great, but IGNXbox is way too nice.

Speevy said:
In what universe does this game deserve a 9 for graphics? I mean it looks great, but IGNXbox is way too nice.

guilty-gear-x2-reload-20040630114204159.jpg

guilty-gear-x2-reload-20040630114227611.jpg

guilty-gear-x2-reload-20040630114213268.jpg

The game sure is very purdy, but it can also be done on Dreamcast, so yeah 9 does seem high. But when compared to 2D games on XBox, it probably has little competition in the looks department, I recon the hardware is more capable than that though.

I just can't get into Guilty Gear. It just seems so random to me, so removed from SF and KOF. I'll probably keep buying them though, in case I ever develop a taste.

yes indeed the game does look very nice, 2d graphics dont require much technology nowadays. The animation does suck though, compared to the graphics, so expect something more along KOF and less like SF III

Drexon

Banned
Puck> Totally agree. You always see the two characters on screen at all time when you're fighting, no need to be on 2 different television sets. Alternatevly you could do some kinda championship mode, where you start off with eight ppl or so and decide who's the best, but that's lame. :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Guilty Gear X2 does not run at 60 frames per second on Playstation 2, unlike the Arcade version.

That is absolutely incorrect. Where on earth did you get such information?

GGXX on PS2 runs at 60 fps AND supports progressive scan.

cvxfreak

I really enjoyed Guilty Gear X on my vacation. Such a fun game to play, and I managed to beat every character. I hope X2 on Xbox is just as good.

Top Bottom