• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guns banned from NRA's convention during Donald Trump's appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the type of nutjobs are like, this photo right here says it all.

enhanced-buzz-7283-1401888987-8.jpg

i want this version of battlegrounds. mod please

fester

Banned
I'm so confused. If guns weren't the problem, why are they being taken away from people at this event? Could someone be hurt? Why is it OK to take guns away for some situations like this, and not OK when trying to prevent my kids from being gunned down at school?

I'm so confused. If guns weren't the problem, why are they being taken away from people at this event? Could someone be hurt? Why is it OK to take guns away for some situations like this, and not OK when trying to prevent my kids from being gunned down at school?

Because children are responsible gun owning adults.

malfcn

The champions of gun "safety" weren't allowed to have guns because of the government. How hypocontradictory..

TaterTots

Banned

I'm a gun owner and a member of the NRA. It's obvious these people need to be go through a gun safety course or just stop carrying. I'm referring to the directions their barrels are pointed in. I'm not a fan of people carrying around semi automatic rifles anyway though.

TaterTots

Banned
So...you're saying...Trump is taking their guns away for the event?

Yup, but its not the first time carrying hasn't been allowed at an NRA event. Sometimes it depends on the venue and such. I remember a couple of years ago Bridgestone Arena wasn't having it either.

TaterTots

Banned
Like how the fuck do you not care that other people are terrified when they see you walking into a store like that? Buncha of fucking assholes.

This is why I only agree with concealed carry. Some people are simply terrified of firearms. Walking around with semi automatic rifles designed like the AR-15 scares people. It's also pointless.

All I can think of NRA fuck boys (“I did feel a little naked getting here”) and the rest of the zealots talking endlessly about Obama having armed secret service protecting him as if that was some great hypocrisy.

You wanna talk about real, unimagined hypocrisy? This gun-free zone would be it. But please proceed in arming our schools tho...

Tovarisc

I'm a gun owner and a member of the NRA. It's obvious these people need to be go through a gun safety course or just stop carrying. I'm referring to the directions their barrels are pointed in. I'm not a fan of people carrying around semi automatic rifles anyway though.

What is unsafe about barrel pointing down to the floor instead upwards in angle towards someones head? They could at least remove mags when going indoors like that in public place.

Would weird shit out of me to see some random civilians in grocery store looking for cookies while openly strapped with AR's.

What? Can't spend at least two minutes without holding your gun, huh? I'm sure most of these people literally sleeps with their guns strapped to their asses, they're that protective of them.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
If thats the case, who's going to protect the attendees if there's shooting? :eek:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was ready to say the story is a bit of a lame gotcha story (just like how "If Democrats don't like guns why does the secret service have guns?" was when we had a Democratic president)...

... but then the bizarre pull quotes about the gun owner talking about his gun like a chronically anxious liberal arts major talks about their emotional support chihuahua really made me crack up laughing.

Either "I am not capable of interacting with the world without my blanket" is a medical problem and we should be looking at the psychology of gun owners or else it's probably time to stop complaining about emotional fragility as a weakness among people of any political stripe.

Let's let people carry guns everywhere, cos "gun free zones" lol but the guy who is going to protect your 2nd amendment rights, you have to keep your Desert Eagle at home?🤔

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

So I guess their goal is to arm everyone? What would a shooting look like in that scenario? Would the Wal-Mart then turn into a warzone?

If everyone is walking around armed that means society has gone to shit, so there's no cause for celebration.

So I guess their goal is to arm everyone? What would a shooting look like in that scenario? Would the Wal-Mart then turn into a warzone?

If everyone is walking around armed that means society has gone to shit, so there's no cause for celebration.

that's their idea of a wild west that didn't actually exists. (they'd probably be leaving those guns at the local police station)

This and that one bill that proposed that health insurance for people with preconditions would only be for congress people really shows the true thoughts and feelings of this administration and those who support it. It really rings of an Objectivest POV that only those in power deserve respect and attention and the rest should only blame themselves for not being worthy. Sort of a self fulfilling prophecy if you think about it.

I was ready to say the story is a bit of a lame gotcha story (just like how "If Democrats don't like guns why does the secret service have guns?" was when we had a Democratic president)...

... but then the bizarre pull quotes about the gun owner talking about his gun like a chronically anxious liberal arts major talks about their emotional support chihuahua really made me crack up laughing.

Either "I am not capable of interacting with the world without my blanket" is a medical problem and we should be looking at the psychology of gun owners or else it's probably time to stop complaining about emotional fragility as a weakness among people of any political stripe.

1199455870343.jpg

Thread title is misleading.

Guns are allowed at the convention provided you have a legal carry permit.

Guns were not allowed in the auditorium that Donald Trump spoke in by order of the Secret Service. So only not allowed in 1 room out of all of the convention hall and that is standard practice for the secret service.

Thread title is misleading.

Guns are allowed at the convention provided you have a legal carry permit.

Guns were not allowed in the auditorium that Donald Trump spoke in by order of the Secret Service. So only not allowed in 1 room out of all of the convention hall and that is standard practice for the secret service.

That's the entire point: NRA allowed a speaker with rules that contradict their biggest PR line, that guns should be everywhere because they increase safety.

I'm a gun owner and I find the NRA fucking stupid.

empyrean

Is there a general consensus (scientifically) as to whether guns increase safety? Intuitively the notion that guns increase safety seems ridiculous.

Edit: apologies if this came across as provocative, didn't really mean it in that manner.

Bleepey

Is there a general consensus (scientifically) as to whether guns increase safety? Intuitively the notion that guns increase safety seems ridiculous.

Edit: apologies if this came across as provocative, didn't really mean it in that manner.

Ask yourself this, why have the NRA stopped research by the CDC's team of epidemiologists, researchers, policy makers and resources? It's the same reason why oil companies suppress climate change research.

LiK

I laughed that he said he felt "naked" without his gun. Seriously?

SilentRob

There is an incredible amount of evidence and scientific studies showing that a large amount of guns in society not only leads to a larger amounr of deaths, but even that only owning a gun would mean it's twice as likely for you to be killed.

Advocating for more guns in society - or even a lack of reduction in guns - is advocating for more violence, murders and children killing themselves by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom