• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Reviews (All Known Listed) [Warning: GS v-review has spoiler]

Halo 2 looks like it'll take GOTY awards from the majority of sites at this point. Its only competition, in this respect, seems to be GTA:SA...which was expected. Anyway, go Halo 2!!

Joe

i hope halo2 is still playable on xbox live after xbox2 launches because im probably still gonna be playing it then.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SantaCruZer said:
halo2 will probably settle for 2nd best game ever on gamerankings.

ATM, it's #1, at 98%. Ocarina of Time is #2, at 97%

Joe

hey ramirez i replied to your comment about dual-smgs being the new pistol in halo2 but the thread got locked so im gonna post here:

2 pistols is much more deadly than 2 smgs :p

there is no new pistol in halo2. the pistol was insane because it was deadly from close, mid, and long ranges. theres nothing in halo2 that is like that.

Andy787 said:
Half-Life 2.
game informer rated halo2 higher than half-life2. :scratches head:

Sysgen

I give this thread a 9.4. Despite it's disappointing length and it's informational brevity, it's an exceptional thread.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Joe said:
hey ramirez i replied to your comment about dual-smgs being the new pistol in halo2 but the thread got locked so im gonna post here:

2 pistols is much more deadly than 2 smgs :p

there is no new pistol in halo2. the pistol was insane because it was deadly from close, mid, and long ranges. theres nothing in halo2 that is like that.

game informer rated halo2 higher than half-life2. :scratches head:

pistols are awesome in halo 2 still... plasma pistols combos even more so. both take a lot of skill to handle though

u_neek

Sysgen said:
I give this thread a 9.4. Despite it's disappointing length and it's informational brevity, it's an exceptional thread.

This thread has texture pop-in!! Hate that shit!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
We use this as our review topic.

When I was closing GTA SA topics I was told to leave em open by an admin so I was just gonna let it go, but this is ridiculous. Anything else on Halo 2 is fair game I guess.

Joe

pistol is good close and mid range in halo2 but its gonna take almost an entire clip to kill someone with most of those rounds being head shots.

plasma pistol with a pistol or smg is VERY deadly. but if you miss with your initial plasma shot you're done.

op_ivy

Joe said:
pistol is good close and mid range in halo2 but its gonna take almost an entire clip to kill someone with most of those rounds being head shots.

plasma pistol with a pistol or smg is VERY deadly. but if you miss with your initial plasma shot you're done.

i've found the pistol smg combo to be great for mid range, open combat. while the guy is far away, you can take out a majority of his shield with pistol shots, then finish him off at closer range with a small burst of smg.

Joe

yeah each combo has its pluses and minuses which is why the game is so amazing in multiplayer.

even though they're stronger i still avoid the needler :lol i just cant kill anyone with it.

Joe

ive attempted downloading the video review twice and both times they stopped and closed mid-way through.

op_ivy

Joe said:
yeah each combo has its pluses and minuses which is why the game is so amazing in multiplayer.

even though they're stronger i still avoid the needler :lol i just cant kill anyone with it.

yeah, its still not that great in MP IMO. though launching two full clips from duel weilded ones into a cramped battle will definitely get at least a few kills :p

Redbeard

Banned
I find Gamespot's score perplexing, especially coming from the same guy who gave Riddick a 9.3. That also has a short single-player campaign and no multiplayer options at all, but Halo 2, an "absolutely superb, fully featured game, boasting an excellent presentation, a highly replayable campaign, and the greatest, most complete online multiplayer component in a console shooter yet." only gets .1 higher?

Prine

Banned
Didnt Ocarnia of Time only list 30 something review scores on Game Rankings? It'll be impossible for any game to top the 97 percent OoT is holding.

Still i say it'll end up being #3 of all time on GR. #2 will probably go to Half Life 2

IJoel

Everybody,

MOVE!!!!!

batmanbombbig.gif

SantaC

Prine said:
Didnt Ocarnia of Time only list 30 something review scores on Game Rankings? It'll be impossible for any game to top the 97 percent OoT is holding.

Still i say it'll end up being #3 of all time on GR. #2 will probably go to Half Life 2

OoT got only 30 reviews because gamerankings wasn't available when OoT came out. I am not sure when gamerankings started their site. But I doubt OoT would score any worse if it had all reviews from 1998 included.

Rhindle

Prine said:
Yeah, I doubt anything can ever demote Ocarina, simply because of the small number of reviews for that game in their database. With 100+ reviews for newer games, there are bound to be a few 9s (or a C-) that knock the score down.

IJoel

skip said:
the gmr review is not out yet, and won't be for another couple weeks.

SITE SCORE
EGM
Finally, a Halo killer. 100
EGM
EGM
XBN
Does XBN agree with the rest of the crowd? 100
GMR
Sense working overtime. 100
1UP NETWORK SCORE 100

???

skip

interesting. 1up put up our review before we've even finished the issue it's going to be in. ah well.

"the gmr review is not out yet, and won't be for another couple weeks."

Thanks. Removed it. I'll just wait until the mag releases to update it.

u_neek

Deepthroat said:
I shouldn't reveal this but Halo 2 will get a 10/10 in the next Super PLAY (swedish magazine).
You know the other scores?? GTA:SA, Prince of Persoa 2? And more..?

thorns

Banned
GMR review shows up 10/10 in gamerankings.com
btw halo 2 is #1 at gamerankings.com now with 10 reviews.
it'll probably go down though.

MightyHedgehog said:
Halo 2 looks like it'll take GOTY awards from the majority of sites at this point. Its only competition, in this respect, seems to be GTA:SA...which was expected. Anyway, go Halo 2!!

Halo 2
-----------
IGN 9.8
Gamspot 9.4

GTA:SA
-----------
IGN 9.9
Gamespot 9.6

Just going by scores, you'd think GTA would.

Of course, we don't know what Metroid Prime: Echoes is going to get, but yeah, I'd say it's essentially guaranteed to be am mixture of these two games across almost all of the sites.

border

I'm not sure if the problem is if Kasavin is just intent on marking down Xbox games that have a lot of hype, or if the problem is that he's just a really tough reviewer and the editors just keep handing him heavily hyped games to review. Something about this review does have a ridiculous inconsistency though, along with some annoying innaccuracies...
Prine said:
Oh, Halo2 score will be brought down by Christian Game Reviews :(
Well, the game is about destroying fundamentalists of a devilish religion whose suicidal zealotry will destroy all of God's creation.....they might like it ;)

Prine said:
Oh, Halo2 score will be brought down by Christian Game Reviews :(

Doesn't count in the main score. Halo 2 will probably stay at #1. Funny enough, R&C looks like it might stay ahead of GTA.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Quotes from Halo 2 and Riddick reviews:

Halo 2 - "The game has a few shortcomings... 8 or 10 hours in one sitting... so it's pretty short."

Riddick - "It's about ten hours long, which is what you'd expect from a FPS."

Good job Kasavin :lol

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
if Kasavin really did complete it in 10 hours on heroic (i think the weekly update said all the reviewers played it on heroic) then i really hope i dont meet him on xbl, cause thats just insane.

Redbeard

Banned
Quote from Greg's Riddick review: "The Chronicles of Riddick is paced extremely well for an action game and will leave you riveted for the 10-or-so hours it takes you to finish the first time through. That's about standard for the single-player portion of an action game..."

So it's standard for action games, but not Halo 2...

Redbeard

Banned
Deku Tree said:
Halo 2 is already at #2 in the main score.

Thanks in part to Eurogamer and their fucked up single player only review. Who the fuck only reviews part of a game? I only played Metroid's multiplayer, I give the game 2/10!

It's not when it's supposed to be the biggest FPS ever created.

That has shit to do with anything.

Top Bottom