• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

whats wrong with the AR?

You don't know what you're getting yourself into with that question. I agree with silly mikey though. AR isn't my favorite weapon, but I'm not sure how I feel about default long range rifle starts all the time. I'm sure its part of the reason as to why maps are bigger (along with sprint). I think close range fights is something that Halo has always been pretty great with, and I think precision weapons will take some of that away.

LosDaddie

Banned
The last I remember reading in the Halogaf thread was that yup you have to beat Legendary to unlock it.

Word. I guess I'll be rocking the Venator until then.

Recon still spiffy. It was looking a bit hit earlier in the year when all we had were off screen shots to scrutinize. Not quite its former glory, but it'll do.

Yeah, Recon looks serviceable, as well.

Except what is going on with that visor? I'm guessing it's just the lighting...

Looks ninja-like to me. It'll do

Oozer3993

If you're watching the stream, but want to stay spoiler free, HIDE THE CHAT! There are jerks everywhere.

EDIT: Curse you jbug!

Overdoziz

Banned
whats wrong with the AR?
It's an uninterested, boring, one-dimensional weapon which doesn't do any damage outside melee range and Bungie has forced me to spawn with it (and the SMG) for the three games in a row now. I never understood why they didn't just let people spawn with both the AR/SMG and the BR/DMR. That way people who are bad the game can use their automatic rifles and spray away while people who can actually aim worth something can stick to the precision weapons. Everybody wins!

It's an uninterested, boring, one-dimensional weapon which doesn't do any damage outside melee range and Bungie has forced me to spawn with it (and the SMG) for the three games in a row now. I never understood why they didn't just let people spawn with both the AR/SMG and the BR/DMR. That way people who are bad the game can use their automatic rifles and spray away while people who can actually aim worth something can stick to the precision weapons. Everybody wins!

Well, now you can choose so it shouldn't be a problem anymore. People will spawn with whatever their comfortable with and whatever their playstyle will be depending on the map and gametype. Its much better this way.

TrounceX

For some usual suspects, everything is wrong with Halo, yet they'll play it and gripe, repeating the same points, over and over again, without end. Was hoping they'd stay in their community cave.

A futile hope, I now know.

lol

That about sums up my experience with HaloGAF as well.

JackEtc

Holy shit, that's David Ellis? He looks fantastic, it looks like he's lost a lot of weight. Haven't seen him on video for YEARS.

Birbo

So is every store actually sold out of the Limited Editions? I've had a basic pre-order at Best Buy since January, but never thought there'd be an issue getting the L.E.

Retro

I still say the AR needs to be pumped up to semi-power weapon status and placed on the map, with the ODST Silenced-SMG as the default starting weapon. In fact, I know no matter what H4 delivers, I will go to my grave still proclaiming the S-SMG the king of starting weapons.

Give the AR an underslung grenade launcher that turns your "Throw Grenade" into "Shoot Grenade" and works exactly like the Pro-Pipe. After all, Aliens did it. Drop it on the map in a couple locations and be done with the run-spray-pray noobing forever.... and gimmie that ODST SMG.

jediyoshi

So is every store actually sold out of the Limited Editions? I've had a basic pre-order at Best Buy since January, but never thought there'd be an issue getting the L.E.

A couple weeks ago, Walmart online was pretty much the only place to find them. They'd be sold out everywhere else since then aside from maybe Amazon having a few up randomly

Raide

Interesting. So they have a rank system but its hidden from players. That was pretty much what people thought it would be like but I wonder why they wanted to hide it.

Yeah, tried getting one a couple weeks ago, no dice ANYWHERE...so many calls. Luckily Amazon put a few up a couple days later and I nabbed one, but that batch also sold out quickly.

Top Bottom