• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Zoolader

Dawww, it's nice to be missed (now if only that applied to DMR shots from across the map, amirite guyz, lolreach) I posted a few pages back that I was on total HaloGAF Blackout. With Guild Wars 2 coming out and that thread moving really quickly, the OT just moved too fast to follow, so I decided to just give up and be totally surprised by Halo 4. Even been avoiding watching Forward unto Dawn...

I see you guys have broken past Killionaire for the OTs, gonna need Jeff Steitzer to come up with one for 11... how does "Kill-o-ween" sound?

Wise, many eyes have been spoiled even though I have managed to stay safe from spoilers. Not sure why you have been avoiding FUD, it's good and hasn't shown anything spoilerific. There is a main character named Lasky in FUD that will be returning in H4, and we get to see his backstory as a cadet and when he first crosses paths with a younger Master Chief.

Kill-o-ween, ehhh that may need work lol.

Lingitiz

The pace of the game seems way faster. It seems like both death and kill count will be alot higher than in previous games.

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, no really open Forge maps? That's kind of... disappointing. I had tons of fun on Forge World in Reach, it's a shame that something similar won't be returning.

Raide

Wow, no really open Forge maps? That's kind of... disappointing. I had tons of fun on Forge World in Reach, it's a shame that something similar won't be returning.

Ravine seems to be the most open but most of the Forge videos have not really shown off how big/small these maps are.

Lingitiz

Yeah, definitely looks faster. Not that that's a bad thing though.

I personally like it. Seems like its going to be much better to fight back even if some gets the drop on you.

Kynan was also rushing into lopsided fights though so it might be a factor.

TheOddOne

God no, the open Forge world was for show and had no real purpose outside of ruining the framerate (also look at all that grey). Only problem with the maps we get now is no flat surfaces.

Retro

Wise, many eyes have been spoiled even though I have managed to stay safe from spoilers. Not sure why you have been avoiding FUD, it's good and hasn't shown anything spoilerific. There is a main character named Lasky in FUD that will be returning in H4, and we get to see his backstory as a cadet and when he first crosses paths with a younger Master Chief.

Kill-o-ween, ehhh that may need work lol.

I'll wait to sink my teeth into FUD when we get closer to launch. If I watch it now, it'll put me in the mood to play and that's not an option yet. That means I'd probably start looking around for gameplay footage and streams and such and that is the dark road that leads to Spoilersville. And I don't just mean story spoilers, I kind of want to go into this blind and just let it all wash over me.

I'll watch it while I wait for zero hour and be properly pumped. Besides, they haven't even finished it yet, have they? I thought I saw it was only on Episode 4.

And Kill-o-ween is great... maybe Kill-o-weenis?

Overdoziz

Banned
So has 343 ever officially explained why there's no ranking system? Frankie has made a few posts about how Halo 3 system isn't ideal but from what I know all 343 has said about ranks it that they're not in, not why they're not in.

hmm, disappointed to hear Spartan Ops requires a gold subscription :(
It does suck, but you can still play them offline as long as they are downloaded. So, you could potentially wait for the first few episodes to come out, download the lot of them and play 'em that way.

Edit: I think I like the changes to KOTH

I was just trolling you guys.

That Reach disk had been unreadable for months, and obviously I didn't throw my Xbox out the window lmao.
well my bad then. I don't know if you clarified that before but if you did I didn't see it.

Surely you can understand how we'd give someone crap if they had actually done that though

Izayoi

Banned
God no, the open Forge world was for show and had no real purpose outside of ruining the framerate (also look at all that grey). Only problem with the maps we get now is no flat surfaces.
You're crazy. Forge World had tons of amazing vehicle/race maps, stuff that looks like it won't be possible on such a scale this time around. Definitely a huge disappointment. I'm sure they'll have a bigger map at some later point, but I guess we're just expected to mess around on the BTB maps in the mean time. Oh well.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Yeahhhh no fall damage. :B

As long as I don't get paired up with two crap teammates and one other decent one, I don't mind no ranks.

Every game in Reach, never 1 or 3 bad teammates, always two going negative.

Top Bottom