• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

CONAN

yeah I would have preferred the reach lobby style. but with the stance customization and halo 3ish feel of the menus in 4. but yeah card style is fuckin weird shit

the cards, the sub-sub-sub-menu. they really did a bad thing here

fazzk

Neo Member
HELP!!

I am a SR 8 or something at this point - however for some reason my level keeps resetting to SR-1. After that happens I can no longer select my custom loadouts or anything. When I sign out of Xbox Live and sign back in then my SR level returns to normal and my loadouts are back. The very next game its back to level 1. Last game I just played in the middle of the game I respawned with the default loadout and my SR was level 1 again. Anyone experiencing this??

Can anyone tell me how spoilery (if at all) the Achievement names/descriptions are?

I'm not a big freak about it, just sorta wanna know what I'll have to do to get some cheezmints.

DrBo42

HELP!!

I am a SR 8 or something at this point - however for some reason my level keeps resetting to SR-1. After that happens I can no longer select my custom loadouts or anything. When I sign out of Xbox Live and sign back in then my SR level returns to normal and my loadouts are back. The very next game its back to level 1. Last game I just played in the middle of the game I respawned with the default loadout and my SR was level 1 again. Anyone experiencing this??

Any chance you're signed in somewhere else or through an associated app?

Is the game running at 720p 60 frames a sec or is it 30 frames a sec? It feels like 60 but I can't believe a game that looks this good running at 720 is 60 frames a sec.

Lakitu

st5fu
From what I've been playing, I don't like most of the music. Maybe it'll grow on me. There are a couple I do like though, Requiem and the music in the beginning of mission 6, very ethereal and beautiful. Very disappointing other than that because the previous Halo games had pretty much constant amazing music. Hard to live up to.

By the way (weapon spoiler)
I love the sticky detonator lol. It's so amazing, especially when used on a group of covenant.

fazzk

Neo Member
Yea I have tried googling but not much showing up so far. I figure if anyone has experienced this it would be here. I hope this is some sort of first night glitch though. How random is that - completely resets to level 1 out of nowhere!

I think that may have been my favourite Halo campaign yet, at the very least it was the most entertaining story. 343 certainly did a great job.

Mohonky

Any thoughts on controller sensitivity? Feels a bit heavy and slow for me, almost laggy. Did anyone else bump it up?

Monocle

That opening video was outstanding. My body might not be ready for this game. Wow.

Also, maybe I was wrong to complain about the edges of the screen being blocked. It's kind of cool to be inside the Chief's helmet.

OK, I should probably leave the first room of the first mission now.

The hype, you guys. The HYPE.

Synless

Some of you are getting wayyy too hyped for the graphics. It looks good, damn good in fact, but nothing that some other games haven't done already.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My god the title screen music! I LOVE how it builds up!

http://youtu.be/WA6Vd9sdt04

And how the HELL is a 7 year old console creating visuals that look this good? I am blown away so far and the game plays amazing.
Okay, goosebumps + a tear in my eye. That was really good.

Any thoughts on controller sensitivity? Feels a bit heavy and slow for me, almost laggy. Did anyone else bump it up?
I kept it on the default 3, the aiming feels best out of any of the 360 Halos to me. Feels quicker than it did before while also allowing more finer tuning, which I've never been great at in the past.

Mayyhem

After every game I keep going from my current SR level (now at 10) to SR1... than from then on I don't get XP or have my loadouts in game. sometimess it switched MID GAME and i only go to the default layouts and lose mine... im wasting my doubleXP too.

my NAT is apparently open.

can anyone help :(

DrBo42

After every game I keep going from my current SR level (now at 10) to SR1... than from then on I don't get XP or have my loadouts in game. sometimess it switched MID GAME and i only go to the default layouts and lose mine... im wasting my doubleXP too.

my NAT is apparently open.

can anyone help :(

Fazzk is having the same problem. Maybe you can find some sort of commonality with your setups and diagnose the bug.

I absolutely hate what they did with the matchmaking menus/lobby's

its so ugly, before it was just simple and you could see everything much clearer

Petrie

Banned
No 2 week code in my copy, is this a common occurrence? I don't play online much so haven't had gold in ages, so that 2 weeks was going to get me my fill. Sucks.

Anybody have a spare 48 hour code around?

oatmeal

Banned
I absolutely hate what they did with the matchmaking menus/lobby's

its so ugly, before it was just simple and you could see everything much clearer
I'm in it now, and all I see are the icons of the people in my party.

Hideous. I feel like I'm accidentally in the wrong menu.

monome

Ok,

very short.

Could not wait for my UK copy so bought a french one.
French dub everywhere so no campaign but just started to see dem SP graphix.
Insane. I play on a projector and whoaaaa, that's why I love gaming.

MP is sweet. Love the feel of the maps.
Good bye Reach.
Hello Halo 4.

Realyn

No 2 week code in my copy, is this a common occurrence? I don't play online much so haven't had gold in ages, so that 2 weeks was going to get me my fill. Sucks.

Anybody have a spare 48 hour code around?

Also didn't have one.

Would be grateful for a code aswell. Last time I had Xbox Gold was for Halo 3 I think. And don't really know wether I want to buy 3 months for the MP or not.

Petrie

Banned
Also didn't have one.

Would be grateful for a code aswell. Last time I had Xbox Gold was for Halo 3 I think. And don't really know wether I want to buy 3 months for the MP or not.

Yeah, I never play MP that long, so it isn't worth a full sub to me, even the month one. Le sigh.

Have I got any chance of picking up the LE version instore from Game today? I'm going out on my lunch break to buy it either way I've just woke up really wanting the LE.

Ubersnug

The is probably going to be a stupid question guys, the LE comes with a code that gives me early access to all the specializations. Anyone tell me how I access these specializations?

The is probably going to be a stupid question guys, the LE comes with a code that gives me early access to all the specializations. Anyone tell me how I access these specializations?

Reach level 50 in multiplayer. Normal players can only unlock one at a time, I think, but you can choose between all of them from the get-go.

Well, when you reach level 50.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Early impressions:

-way too many power weapons. Like, BTB heavies levels of them.
-Dexterity is a must
-Mantis is very OP, as is the binary rifle
-First impressions of maps are positive
-Horrible UI
-Much faster than previous Halos

Ubersnug

Reach level 50 in multiplayer. Normal players can only unlock one at a time, I think, but you can choose between all of them from the get-go.

Well, when you reach level 50.

Ah, thanks. Not that it makes much of a difference to me, would have thought they would have made that fact a bit more obvious. Think I wasted a good 10 minutes navigating through the menus looking for these specializations thinking I had missed something obvious.

Top Bottom