• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

DrBo42

I feel bad for all of the people in this thread who ordered the game online and have to wait. Why not just grab it in a brick and mortar store? :/

Yeah not sure I'll be doing this again for a big release. 2:18 AM and I'm still "Shipping Soon" haha.

GhaleonEB

Finished the first mission on Heroic, without dying, by being methodical. Despite Cortana's constant urging to hurry the hell up.

Couple of good fights, and I really enjoyed the ending area, which I utilized extensively to whittle down the throng. But the visual feedback on taking out Covenant is a fraction as satisfying as it was in Reach; that was one of the areas that game excelled. I actually had a hard time telling when I had killed guys a number of times, as they just kind of droop over.

Sound design is weaker than I expected. Gun play feels good, though. Off to bed.

293751_432391196819898_222519499_n.jpg

This game is Call of Halo...it's fucking amazing. I'm level 16 and having a blast. I can see myself playing this for a very long time. Bravo 343.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yeah not sure I'll be doing this again for a big release. 2:18 AM and I'm still "Shipping Soon" haha.
Run to Walmart and grab a copy, then return yours when it arrives. I walked into Walmart (with n preorder) and they had literally hundreds of copies.

NZNova

Finished the first mission on Heroic, without dying, by being methodical. Despite Cortana's constant urging to hurry the hell up.

Couple of good fights, and I really enjoyed the ending area, which I utilized extensively to whittle down the throng. But the visual feedback on taking out Covenant is a fraction as satisfying as it was in Reach; that was one of the areas that game excelled. I actually had a hard time telling when I had killed guys a number of times, as they just kind of droop over.

Sound design is weaker than I expected. Gun play feels good, though. Off to bed.

I was about the same until I got to the pair of hunters on the second mission, and got squished a bunch of times. My highlight so far is using active camo to sneak up and steal a ghost off an unsuspecting grunt before using it to slaughter all of his little friends. Mwahaha.

iavi

Maaaannnn @ the end of chapter 1; I just wanted to ignore the objective marker and
jump into Horizon as it opened up
. That view was absolutely nuts.

That was the best opener halo has had yet, which is funny, it being such the nod back to CE it is.

Is anyone having trouble with the Terminals in the campaign? They are suppose to play right then and there arent they or do you literally have to unlock them in campaign then go view them via Waypoint? Either is giving me problems because my box just freezes up when I try and go into Waypoint.

Victrix

*beard*
Thanks for streaming tonight. Good times.

Had a great time playing, I'm really impressed with the game. Can't wait for my friends to pick it up, teamplay is gonna own in CTF, Oddball, KOTH, and Dominion.

Only real negative I can think of is seeing +grenade radius and +grenade perks :( Boosted grenade spam is bad mmmkay.

343 Gents: There's some sort of bug or design decision with the CODfriendly Fishstick layout. If you tap Scope, it acts as a toggle. This is very much not what I want it to do. If I go for a momentary scope to take a shot, I end up stuck in scoped view, with my finger off the left trigger.

This got me killed repeatedly over the course of the night. Please consider either changing it to never toggle, or add an option to configure that behavior - I don't ever want my scope view 'sticking'

Truant

First impressions:

- Jaggies/bad filtering :(
- Presentation in general is top notch.
- Chubby cheeked Cortana :)
- Controls feel amazing :)
- Hold X to do everything :(

JambiBum

Had a great time playing, I'm really impressed with the game. Can't wait for my friends to pick it up, teamplay is gonna own in CTF, Oddball, KOTH, and Dominion.

Only real negative I can think of is seeing +grenade radius and +grenade perks :( Boosted grenade spam is bad mmmkay.

343 Gents: There's some sort of bug or design decision with the CODfriendly Fishstick layout. If you tap Scope, it acts as a toggle. This is very much not what I want it to do. If I go for a momentary scope to take a shot, I end up stuck in scoped view, with my finger off the left trigger.

This got me killed repeatedly over the course of the night. Please consider either changing it to never toggle, or add an option to configure that behavior - I don't ever want my scope view 'sticking'

That explains why sometimes it pulls me out of the scope randomly then. I thought that it seemed weird but wrote it off as me just needing to get used to the controls. I've learned to compensate for it now but it would be nice if I didn't need to do that.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Once again I'm sat here waiting for the postie. I hate every one of you that has the game already.

<3

And where the fuck is my good connection filter? Already getting terribad hosts and multiple black screens a game.

And where the fuck is my temporary history? Having to back out after each game if you want to save it is terrible. In all honesty, the whole UI is terrible...

Lunchbox

Banned
how dare they fucking make the dmr better than the BR, these new guys need to play more halo 2

and the binary riffle is sex

but fuck luck based killstreak. I should be able to choose mine like in Black ops

dc89

So just had my first game of multiplayer. I was on the winning team and got a triple kill! Quite a nice feel to everything so far, the controls are pretty tight!

NBtoaster

Bloom is going to be the temporal AA of this game. Why is it so bright?

Maybe I just need a bigger TV. Sometimes I need to squint to see things.

WJD

it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here it's here

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
What does it take to get a "perfection" in Halo 4?

Went 15/0 in a game of Infinity Slayer. No perfection! lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
Amazon finally shipped my LE today, so I wont actually get it on the release date. First time I've ever been disappointed by Amazon.

Great.

I still can't believe they put sprint on X and armor ability on Lb in the recon controls. Should've been the other way around. Nearly tot killed by a damn jackal because I cant adapt. :lol

Top Bottom