• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Picobrain

Banned
I don't understand this waypoint thing. It said i had to download it, I did, then when i go to the waypoint (on the main screen) its says i have already downloaded. What the hell?

Btw my gamertag is StefanNeoUae if somebody wants too add me :)

Jibbed

Tesco Direct (UK) delivered on time! £30 with some discount codes ;)

530950_10152243299765165_1404173482_n.jpg

LordAlu

Man, Ragnarok is completely broken if the other team gets hold of
both mechs
. They're simply unstoppable. The opposition didn't even attempt to capture flags, it was just a chance to rack up a high K/D. At least in Halo 3 you had a chance against the Banshees. Such a shame.

broony

I cant find the terminals in Halo Waypoint.

Top of page

halo-4-gif-12.gif

Go into you record, then I think it was is a section called campaign or stats or something. It's over on the right somewhere. Then when you get in the terminals are on the left of the menu. Ill boot up and have a look in 20 mins.

The classified section seems to be broken. It's not seeing my anniversary terminals and the one on the right doesn't open when you put the correct code in. Anyone else getting the same problem?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Played all night. Half campaign, half Slayer. Man this game is fun. Console FPS games are typically shit, but for some reason Halo has always felt perfect with the ol' 360 controller. Can't wait to sink some more time into this with some friends tonight.

I cant find the terminals in Halo Waypoint.

Top of page

halo-4-gif-12.gif

I think Waypoint is having some serious issues because I couldnt access the Terminals in the campaign and then when I tried to go directly to Waypoint it locks up my box.

On another note what exactly did these Limited Edition dlc codes unlock in War Games because it doesnt seem like much.

JambiBum

Is there anywhere to access your file share online yet? I'm looking at waypoint and can't seem to find it. I have a pretty nice clip I want to share :(

Man the story in this game gets so fucking bizarre.

Like you know how later in the Assassin's Creed games Desmond's story gets super weird and out there?

It's like that.

StranGER

Ya know what really sucked?
Getting home with the game last night at midnight and not being able to play multiplayer because all I own is an Xbox with the flash drive so I don't have enough memory to install the game.

That, and I could swear they changed master chiefs voice on the single player. Not for the better either. :(

GAMERG0D

I'm still pissed I did the first level on Legendary solo and didn't get the challenge. I really don't want to do that again.

Oh my god. The Halo 4 Xbox 360 is so damn pretty. English Limited Edition of Halo 4? Check. Limited Edition Console? Check. Let's initiate campaign run on Heroic.

btw. I cannot wait for my twin brother to come home. He is going to run to my room, see me playing Halo 4 and ask me if he can. I will say yes but not on my console. He is going to give me a questionable sight and go disappointingly to his room where he will notice the German Limited Edition of the game. :)

derFeef

Oh my god. The Halo 4 Xbox 360 is so damn pretty. English Limited Edition of Halo 4? Check. Limited Edition Console? Check. Let's initiate campaign run on Heroic.

btw. I cannot wait for my twin brother to come home. He is going to run to my room, see me playing Halo 4 and ask me if he can. I will say yes but not on my console. He is going to give me a questionable sight and go disappointingly to his room where he will notice the German Limited Edition of the game. :)

Awesome, you'r a good brother.

dc89

:O have you surprised him by buying him a copy?

how are the graphics compared with halo reach on a technical level? (detail, framerate etc)

booted it up (halo reach) as its been awhile and the landscapes are nice and detailed, better than I remembered actually

Kud Dukan

That's really awesome. I bet he'll be pretty pleased when we sees it.

Louis Wu

Okay, this... this I don't understand.

wtfamazon.png

It's 8:23am on the 6th - how the FUCK are they planning to still get it here today? They've always been good about changing that delivery estimate if they don't make the old one... what's going on here?

Mupod

Does anyone else find the pulse grenades useless?

Use em on Hunters and stationary/stuck vehicles that you don't want to jack for whatever reason. Like the fact that every time you even try to go above neck level in a Banshee every enemy in a 10 mile radius suddenly develops 100% accuracy and infinite range.

Other than that, yes pulse grenades are useless. Grenades didn't seem very good in this one period...stickies are okay but there's no big slow dumb Brutes who stand around and get stuck.

Feindflug

Yup, for a 10 weeks, making it a total of 50 missions.

My body is ready! :)

opens a section in Waypoint for streaming.

That's kinda disappointing since there was no physical copy of FUD in the LE I hoped for a download...still it's the extended cut so I'm definitely happy we got it even as a Waypoint goodie.

BTW guys is the first code of the four actually the season pass? the one that says specializations, weapon skin & map pack...I'm assuming that we'll redeem this code now and get the map packs later when they will be released automatically?

exYle

6:30 AM post-battle report:
- 6/8 Campaign chapters done. Will post thoughts after.
- First War Games match played. Went 17/6 Infinity Slayer on Abandon. Got a double kill with the Sticky Detonator, which feels AWESOME. Second O-Drop was the SAW, which I tore shit up with. I was actually about the get the last kill with it, but my target was AWESOME at strafing and managed to 5-shot me just after his shields had popped.
- Super, super happy that the BR code in the Gamestop pre-order GETS YOU THE ACTUAL BR BEFORE YOUR FIRST GAME. Thank you based god

THIS GAME.

Truant

More impressions. Playing on Heroic.

- Combat fatigue sets in quick. I wish there was more exploring and actual in-game storytelling. Right now it's just COMBAT COMBAT COMBAT GET TO THE SWITCH CUTSCENE repeat. Disappointing.
- Love the new enemies. The Knights are terrifying.
- New weapons are alright.
- Graphics are outstanding from an artistic perspective, but the image quality still sucks a lot of times.
- Solid framerate.
- Overall it feels way too safe. All the talk about "NO PURPLE!!" we heard rumors about are way wrong.
- Challenging, but less frustrating than Reach on Heroic.

Okay, this... this I don't understand.

wtfamazon.png

It's 8:23am on the 6th - how the FUCK are they planning to still get it here today? They've always been good about changing that delivery estimate if they don't make the old one... what's going on here?

They have most likely already shipped it. Mine went from that status to "shipped" at probably around 9:00 pm last night, but when I looked at the tracking status, it said it had shipped at 3:00 pm. Now it's out for delivery.

Pug

More impressions. Playing on Heroic.

- Combat fatigue sets in quick. I wish there was more exploring and actual in-game storytelling. Right now it's just COMBAT COMBAT COMBAT GET TO THE SWITCH CUTSCENE repeat. Disappointing.
- Love the new enemies. The Knights are terrifying.
- New weapons are alright.
- Graphics are outstanding from an artistic perspective, but the image quality still sucks a lot of times.
- Solid framerate.
- Overall it feels way too safe. All the talk about "NO PURPLE!!" we heard rumors about are way wrong.
- Challenging, but less frustrating than Reach on Heroic.

God please no.

Top Bottom