• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

0DxAn.jpg

hahahaha....yo yo homie, im gettin my Halo son, what what

Spiders

My copy has been delivered. Now all I have to do is pretend to work for the next 2 hours and I can finally go home and play it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Amazon UK shorted on quantity for the LE? Grapevine rumor says as much, any non-anecdotal evidence to suggest it's true?

Does the spartan ops mode seem like there is an interesting story to be told?

Sounds like the mission are simple by themselves (understandable if there is gonna be 50 of them)

Okay, this... this I don't understand.

wtfamazon.png

It's 8:23am on the 6th - how the FUCK are they planning to still get it here today? They've always been good about changing that delivery estimate if they don't make the old one... what's going on here?

I'm in the same boat... I blame Sandy. Any chance Best Buy has limited editions for sale?

dc89

Got my copy from Sainsbury's today - woohoo!

Yeah I walked into Sainsburys and picked my copy up. Dem Nectar points!

I was pretty tempted with the whole 2100 points deal they have going. Basically you get the game for £32 when you buy 2100 points, I figured it out I could have redeemed my £10 + worth of points and got the game and points for around £39, If I worked it out correctly.

S1kkZ

finally unlocked and watched all terminal videos. they are amazing, but a lot of stuff should have made its way into the campaign.

it gives much needed context for some characters and helps a lot with some problems that i had with the story.

Trickster

Campaign is so good

Only just completed third level. But I'm loving the game, visually it's overall so much better than previous halo games, though they have had to tone down some things, but it's generally not things you'd really notice in previous halo games unless you stopped and looked for them.

Also a huge fan of the music, think I actually prefeer Neil's music to Marty's.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got two double kills, two triple kills, and an overkill on Longbow. I like Longbow.

paischtu

Neo Member
Just watched the GT Review.
They said you couldn't play through Singleplayer in Co-op?!

Someone confirm this please. But if you can play Coop, is it 4 players? Would be a shame if I couldn't start coop campaign with 4 friends tomorrow....

rakka

the text is tiny! in splitscreen. makes mp confusing.

when bringing up the scoreboard while playing, no movement is allowed. (and in splitscreen if you want to scroll the scoreboard down you have to awkwardly use the dpad instead of the right analog which would make more sense )

would hope for this to be improved ! please Frankie keep note of this...

Just watched the GT Review.
They said you couldn't play through Singleplayer in Co-op?!

Someone confirm this please. But if you can play Coop, is it 4 players? Would be a shame if I couldn't start coop campaign with 4 friends tomorrow....
Campaign is playable in Co-op. Even up to 4 players.

WJD

Minor complaint:

Although I'm enjoying fighting the promethans tactically, they do feel a little bit too bullet spongy at times.

Chapter 3 on Legendary done... Man, I can't believe how hard the Prometheans are compared to the Covenant.
Story spoilers:
I can't believe The Didact is a vampiric Lord Zedd :lol

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

From what I can tell it's been listed as in stock all this time. Yet Amazon doesn't dispatch pre-orders due to no stock (me included).

From what I've been told via an Amazon rep I happen to know they did a "problem with your order/please check your payment info" check to re-confirm people who actively wanted it shipped day 1 and based some of the shipping stock on that.

Blegh.

I got a LE ordered from GameStop awaiting pickup at my local store now instead.

abadguy

Banned
Gonna be picking up my copy soon. Ive been watching a lot of mp vids lately and the map i want to play most is Haven, to those who are already in mp and played on this map ,what are your thoughts on it? Is it as fun to play on as it looks?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just installed a 120 gb hard disk on my 360 slim so I finally have some memory and Im wondering if installing Halo 4 is the ideal way to play it? What is the consensus on whether or not to install a game on the hard disk? Does the performance vary by the title or if you have DLC?

TommyT

Just powered through the campaign and wowow! Will eventually come back without the googly-hype-eyes to critique the game, but until then it's a load of fun! Time for some multiplayer!

Stayed up way too late playing Halo, woke up way too early to vote. Both were equally incredible.

Looking forward to doing the same with Halo 6 and Clinton/Clooney in 2016.

Made it to SR-6 before my body gave out. Most rewarding MP in a Halo game. To go on a tear and then get a Grav Hammer as a reward is incredible gamesmanship.

The upgrades, though, are quite expensive, although I figure I get about a Spendable Point every game (at least early on), but doing something stupid like blowing two credits on the DMR really stings.

Also, I'd like to buy a ton of armor doo dads, but I need to put money (bovs) into actual loadouts first.

Also, BEST OPENING CINEMATIC IN GAME HISTORY. Made me want to play every previous game over again.

Didn't get very far in campaign at all but holy moly is it gorgeous. The models even on the
Grunts
was just amazing.

Love this game. Nice job, 343.

Jensen

UKGAF Anyone ordered from UK amazon Got their copies yet? I'm still waiting on mine...
I haven't got my copy. It was dispatched yesterday and as I have prime I opted one day delivery. I would be annoyed but I would only have managed to find a couple of hours to play had it been delivered.

Andrew.

Banned
This whole game basically looks like a finely tuned CGI movie that you play.

Fucking incredible and I havent even finished the first mission because Im too busy shitting my pants over the presentation and audio.

Serra

This whole game basically looks like a finely tuned CGI movie that you play.

Fucking incredible and I havent even finished the first mission because Im too busy shitting my pants over the presentation and audio.

You don't have a modern gaming PC, do you?

Sorry, im just bitter I don't have my copy yet.

Top Bottom