• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

TheOddOne

Just no Microsoft, I feel violated by this ad.

A7Bgdl_CUAAtEHR.jpg

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
got my 2 copies here in holland, got some gametime booked with buddies and system link saturday and the day free tomorrow.

hopefully the guy that comes to fix my internet at lunch time will arrive and do his crap by the time I'm done with the campaign.

god I'm hyped. 2 hours till I get to play

On the last level, something important came up so I have it on pause.. quick story from last night though.

So my friend and I who both do not have this preordered walk into GS at about 10 and inquire about the night...no only to this GS get under-shipped the LE, they were 80 copies short of the SE. Crazy. So no walk-ins there until they get more shipment. Soooo we go to Best Buy, plop in line, we are probably like the 14th person there.. the line gets huge behind us, etc. At midnight we walk in, see two LE's on the shelf and walk out with the LE from best buy with no preorder.

So it worked out.

Andrew.

Banned
I think the only minor complaint I have so far is I don't dig where the sprint button is mapped to. Clicking in the left stick doesnt register sometimes or something. It just feels awkward, like you have to take a few steps before clicking once and then MC sprints.

Fox Mulder

A7Bgdl_CUAAtEHR.jpg

I laughed when I saw it.

It also makes me wish MS made it a link to download it from the marketplace. A giant 1st party game like halo 4 should be available to download, as retailers won't say a damn thing.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Just installed a 120 gb hard disk on my 360 slim so I finally have some memory and Im wondering if installing Halo 4 is the ideal way to play it? What is the consensus on whether or not to install a game on the hard disk? Does the performance vary by the title or if you have DLC?

wasn't the deal to install disc 2?

Can someone point me in the direction of something that details how much damage weapons and melee attacks do? As in, how many body/head shots are needed with the various rifles, how melee damage works, etc.

I played a few hours of War Games last night. It's very fucking different but I think I dig it.

A7Bgdl_CUAAtEHR.jpg

I like it. That's how large the 'Play Disc' tile should be.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This'll be the first Halo since 3 I haven't played on launch day. If I could justify the cost I would buy a 360 just for this game. Thankfully I'm visiting my college roommate in a month so we'll power through it then like we did in college.

Can someone give me an idea of how the install works? Is it Forza style, where you instal the first disc, start it, and from inside the game install the 2nd disc?

No, I too was surprised by the amount of aliasing.

This is disappointing to hear. Based on screenshots I was starting to think this might look near Forza Horizon levels of clean. Guess not.

MrDaravon

Can someone give me an idea of how the install works? Is it Forza style, where you instal the first disc, start it, and from inside the game install the 2nd disc?

Kind of the opposite. First disc install is for Campaign only, and is optional. For multiplayer/Spartan Ops install is mandatory, but you actually can't install it from the dashboard, you boot it up and install it from (the only) menu option when it boots. Then once it's done it'll tell you to install the Play disc (disc 1) and then you play single and multiplayer off of disc 1.

Kind of the opposite. First disc install is for Campaign only, and is optional. For multiplayer/Spartan Ops install is mandatory, but you actually can't install it from the dashboard, you boot it up and install it from (the only) menu option when it boots. Then once it's done it'll tell you to install the Play disc (disc 1) and then you play single and multiplayer off of disc 1.

That sounds weird, but thanks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just played Halo 4 for seven hours straight. It was awesome. Now I sleep.

Rad Agast

LE Console and game are not here yet. Local store says probably Thursday (why probably!!!) I hope I get to play this weekend :~(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Managed to get to the point that begins the demo from this most recent E3.

Liking it alot.
Story wise (since I've got a good general knowledge of the plots of the various books that's been released).

Graphics wise, the landscapes are great, though something seems "off" at times. Most noticeably to me (for some reason), the Warthog.

Gunplay feels about the same, though the Elites don't seem as smart and agile as I remembered (but that's probably because of Normal difficulty). First playthrough is for story/experience, for me.

The new enemies, man, they are kind of a bitch!

It kept me up till about 2:45-3:00 AM.

Rough Sled today...

Archpath1

stayed up till 5 had some great games! 4 hours of sleep, impressed overall so far

although i was kinda bummed thruster wasn't as good as i thought it was going to be

I think the only minor complaint I have so far is I don't dig where the sprint button is mapped to. Clicking in the left stick doesnt register sometimes or something. It just feels awkward, like you have to take a few steps before clicking once and then MC sprints.

Change it.

randomwab

People who ordered from Amazon UK...has your copy come? It shipped yesterday and nothing came today. First time Amazon have failed me with release day.

Top Bottom