• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Majanew

Banned
Points should definitely be knocked off the game for not handling campaign co-op. Having to constantly restart the mission from alpha if you have to stop before beating the mission so you don't miss the achievement is bad design. Why can you save when you play alone but not in co-op?

And now there's match making issues? Lol. Good thing that gold sub is going to good use.

Just paid off my major credit cards..... Then halo 4 midnight launch happens..... Halo 4 360 bundle + Astro A50 gaming headset. Up till 5 in the morning playing one of the best games ever, so worth it!!

I'm pretty happy I never burnt myself out on Halo games. Just would play split screen with my buddy to beat the single players and never played much multiplayer except for Halo Reach. So Halo 4 is amazing me right now.

Points should definitely be knocked off the game for not handling campaign co-op. Having to constantly restart the mission from alpha if you have to stop before beating the mission so you don't miss the achievement is bad design. Why can you save when you play alone but not in co-op?

And now there's match making issues? Lol. Good thing that gold sub is going to good use.
Is there match making for campaign co-op?

Plasmid

Played 4 CTF games this morning on Solace, it's really fun, not liking ragnarock for CTF but maybe it's because i had shitty teammates.

I'm absolutely loving H4's multiplayer, it's so fluid, feels so much better than previous games.

E:

Also, where is SWAT? Where are the other playlists? Is 343 going to put swat on? it's my favorite variant :(

Majanew

Banned
Is there match making for campaign co-op?

No. I was catching some serious lag in campaign co-op, so I power cycled and ran the xbox live test on the xbox and it showed an alert that they're having match making issues. Maybe the lag wasn't my end? And means we get to start the mission over at the beginning so we can get the achievement for beating that mission. Joy.

Played 4 CTF games this morning on Solace, it's really fun, not liking ragnarock for CTF but maybe it's because i had shitty teammates.

I'm absolutely loving H4's multiplayer, it's so fluid, feels so much better than previous games.

Same thing happened to me, but i had really good ones. We destroyed them!

Pretty sure the co-op save problem was persistent from Halo 3 onward.

Use the 14 day Gold trial that comes with the game if a day 2 issue is that huge of a deal to you.

Cake Boss

Banned
Gameplay is fun but the maps are kind of meh.

- Can't stand how there is no wait time when you get killed, on some instances I get killed by the same guy I just killed literally 2 seconds after.
- The spawning system sucks, your fighting one guy 1on1 then a guy just spawn right behind him.
- The party/lobby system sucks, keep getting put in games where my team is already down 150 points or/and my friends are in the other team.
- The unlocking and menu system is bogus, stop telling me I unlocked something that still hasnt been unlocked yet.
- And the stupid renaming of simple things like multiplayer with War Games and And infinty something, How about you stop making simple things more complicated. How about you just fucking call it Multiplayer and Co-op and Team Deathmatch or just Slayer, why the fuck does it have to be Infinity Slayer, and if you are going to do that, at least have a little description beside the game mode explaining it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven't turned my xbox on in a long time. I forget the password to my gamertag. It's tied to an old email that's no longer active. I don't remember the old CC info tied to the account. Plus my security question is "What is your favorite fictional character"? (wtf?) Started a new tag. Lost about 6000 acheivement points.

Anywho, I haven't really played a Halo game much since PC Halo 1. Having a lot of fun with this. Pretty graphics and the multiplayer is a lot of fun. Looking forward to playing more tonight. I only have Live free for 14 days, might have to subscribe :(

Just played my first game on Ragnarok.

Started the game, picked the Spartan Laser up and got a double kill, all in the first minute. Bloody typical, that was the only achievement I didn't get in Halo 3! I spent years trying to pull that off!

Reminds me of my first game on Ragnarok. One of the first things I ever did in 4 multiplayer was pick up a binary rifle and get a double kill with one shot.

It was a fun way to start.

Hmm, that's what I've been hearing. Guess I'll stick with normal for my first playthrough and do heroic on my 2nd.

I started on Heroic and found that I was playing the game like Legendary. Had to be tiptoeing around at all times. Really surprised me.

I ended up going back to normal after the first mission because I'd rather just enjoy the story the first time around. Like you, heroic on my 2nd.

exYle

- The party/lobby system sucks, keep getting put in games where my team is already down 150 points or/and my friends are in the other team.
- The unlocking and menu system is bogus, stop telling me I unlocked something that still hasnt been unlocked yet.

- That's a trade-off of join in progress. If your friend's team is full but the other team isn't, would you rather just not join the game? =/
- This was present in Reach. It tells you that you've unlocked eventual armour options.

Plasmid

A friend tell me he thinks that the game (campaign) looks better if you install the second disc (mainly textures)... is that true?

You have to install the second disk to play multiplayer anyway.

I installed both mainly because i have an xbox slim and (i think) one of the reasons i lagged so damn much in spartan ops was because of loading textures etc.

Just played my first game on Ragnarok.

Started the game, picked the Spartan Laser up and got a double kill, all in the first minute. Bloody typical, that was the only achievement I didn't get in Halo 3! I spent years trying to pull that off!
I feel you, man. I got the one in Halo 3 when I had given up on it, while fucking around with the laser.
Same thing happened on Reach last month when I unexpectedly got a double kill from the grave, while replaying the game for shit and giggles after almost a year of inactivity.

- Can't stand how there is no wait time when you get killed, on some instances I get killed by the same guy I just killed literally 2 seconds after.
- The spawning system sucks, your fighting one guy 1on1 then a guy just spawn right behind him.
- And the stupid renaming of simple things like multiplayer with War Games and And infinty something, How about you stop making simple things more complicated. How about you just fucking call it Multiplayer and Co-op and Team Deathmatch or just Slayer, why the fuck does it have to be Infinity Slayer, and if you are going to do that, at least have a little description beside the game mode explaining it.

Instant spawn depends on what gametype ur playing and ive had 0 issues with the spawing system so far. The unlocks im not sure 100% how they work and the renaming of games takes about 10 seconds to figure out.

Only thing im not crazy about are the lobbies.

And the maps are amazing.

Only thing I can partially agree with is the unlock system. I get what it's doing, but the new stuff every level gets kind of irritating. But it's really not that bad, just a minor annoyance.

The rest....I think you're crazy.

Smack Fu

Is there anyone that wants to do Campaign on Heroic with me? I beat it on Normal, but want to go co-op. I tried it on Legendary bu made it to the 2nd lvl and man has the difficulty increased tons.

I should be on for most of the day. Send me a invite if you do. Always up for co-op

Noob Fu < -- Gamer Tag

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios

yes, all those little things that piss me off too

I've got a question about Mission 3.

So the Chief has been tricked by the Didact into releasing him and giving him control of his Cryptum. Cortana had no idea he was inside the orb. They meet, but the Didact never actually introduces himself. Never says his own name. But from that point on, Cortana knows him as the Didact.

Was I just not paying attention, or did Cortana just pull that information out of thin air? Maybe I missed an earlier line, but I don't know how she knows that.

There was one point in the game where I quit and when I came back, it seemed like it had skipped me ahead a little bit. Maybe a glitch. Perhaps I missed an explanation there?

zethren

Banned
In terms of multiplayer, the only thing I've noticed that I don't like is that it broadcasts waypoints for the weapons on the map at the start of the match.

Also, I'm freaking in love with the Scattershot.

K.Sabot

In terms of multiplayer, the only thing I've noticed that I don't like is that it broadcasts waypoints for the weapons on the map at the start of the match.

Also, I'm freaking in love with the Scattershot.

Also weapon spawns are hella infrequent, it's been like... 6 matches since I've used a needler.

This game has turned too much into CoD, I miss having an advantage for knowing maps. This loadout system only proliferates the use of the same 2 weapons.

Yep at this point I think it might be wise for 343 Industries to clear some space for a few Game of the Year awards. Phenomenal game all the way around in MY opinion.

I hate to beg, but does anyone here have any spare Double XP codes?

I literally cannot find any around here (Canada 'eh)

<3

PM me if you do..

WJD

Yeah... JIP on CTF is a fucking terrible idea.

Other than that though CTF is surprisingly enjoyable considering all the changes.

Well, day 2 and this game's multiplayer already pissed me off again. Big Team on Ragnarok, all randoms.

Hell exists.

It's a disgrace I even earned XP for that awful match.

I think my biggest takeaway from my first ~30 matches is this.

You roll with a squad of people you know, or you play FFA.

Hitting Team playlists solo is masochistic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is the file browser not up yet or what?

I can't access it and I see nothing on Waypoint site indicating as such. Where do I go for this?

If it's not up, not a good look for the game and is kind of unacceptable.

Why is it so hard for developers to create good maps these days?

Huh? So far the only one I haven't really liked is Abandon. Other than that they have all felt great.

Solace, Exile, Complex, and Haven are all great. The reast are all pretty good as well but those are the standouts to me.

Every halo game has been like this the first couple weeks. It's when everyone is playing so everyone has friends playing to jump in with.

Falifax

Well, day 2 and this game's multiplayer already pissed me off again. Big Team on Ragnarok, all randoms.

Hell exists.

It's a disgrace I even earned XP for that awful match.

I have the exact same feel. It's like the game saw how happy I was yesterday so it told to all the players in matchmaking to make it a worst day ever for me.

Grisby

I would like to add some bitching about the mp too.

1)Every big team slayer match I've had gets pretty laggy at some point. If too many explosions go off or something the framerate can get bad. Don't remember it being this bad in Reach.

Also, there are no big team objective stuff anymore?

2)I have to echo the unlock system is kind of silly. Hooray I unlocked 'locked' stuff. I wish the whole deal was like Reach because then I got to see what I could go for later on in the game. I have no inkling to work toward anything because I have no idea what there is!

I'm having some fun but it is a little bit disappointing.

Edit-Also, the legendary edition 'armor' skin blows. Humph.

This game is 10x more enjoyable with friends, or playing with a sibling via splitscreen. Little brother and I had a blast online last night.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why is it so hard for developers to create good maps these days?
What do you mean "these days"? Even shooters with relatively simple mechanics to balance such as Arena shooters had a large amount of worthless maps.

Making good maps is hard, Bungie generally outpaces the rest of the genre at large too with on average a higher percentage of useable maps.

xCobalt

I've got a question about Mission 3.

So the Chief has been tricked by the Didact into releasing him and giving him control of his Cryptum. Cortana had no idea he was inside the orb. They meet, but the Didact never actually introduces himself. Never says his own name. But from that point on, Cortana knows him as the Didact.

Was I just not paying attention, or did Cortana just pull that information out of thin air? Maybe I missed an earlier line, but I don't know how she knows that.

There was one point in the game where I quit and when I came back, it seemed like it had skipped me ahead a little bit. Maybe a glitch. Perhaps I missed an explanation there?

I was wondering the same thing. I assumed I just missed something.

So is the file browser not up yet or what?

I can't access it and I see nothing on Waypoint site indicating as such. Where do I go for this?

If it's not up, not a good look for the game and is kind of unacceptable.

I looked for it on the site too, couldnt find anything.

Top Bottom