• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

JimiNutz

Banned
Haha how is it useless? I suck at competitive multiplayer and I was owning with it in Big Slayer last night.

Ive been using the DMR and having lot of success with that.
Maybe just need to get used to the light rifle... I can't kill shit with it compared to DMR.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The weapon sounds in this game are strange.

Why does the magnum sound like cheap laser pistol now? PEW PEW.

BR is supposed to be a three shot burst but looks and sounds like a laser gun too. Fricking lazerssss

Alright, I have a quick question. What does overriding the Mantis' Hyrdrolic System do? I have been pressing the button for it, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm looking to do some Legendary Campaign Co Op, now that I finished the solo. Won't be home for another 3 hours though.

No prob. Feel free to add me: intrinsic

EvB

Ive been using the DMR and having lot of success with that.
Maybe just need to get used to the light rifle... I can't kill shit with it compared to DMR.

I quite like it on Ragnorok, along with a bit of Camo.

The Light rifle takes more shots to kill than the DMR, but less when zoomed in.

Woorloog

Banned
I quite like it on Ragnorok, along with a bit of Camo.

The Light rifle takes more shots to kill than the DMR, but less when zoomed in.

Isn't LR 5 shots when unscoped and 4 shots zoomed in?
BR and DMr are 5 shots to kill (not sure about BR's exact bullet amount).

daedalius

BR is supposed to be a three shot burst but looks and sounds like a laser gun too. Fricking lazerssss

Not really.

Isn't LR 5 shots when unscoped and 4 shots zoomed in?
BR and DMr are 5 shots to kill (not sure about BR's exact bullet amount).

Yes.

BR, DMR, Unscoped LR are 5sk
Scoped LR is 4sk

Woorloog

Banned
So, is the Lightrifle hitscan or not? Very hard to determine that based on campaign.
Because if it isn't, then that would explain it being bad in MP... Can't say anything about it in MP yet as i've yet to unlock it.

daedalius

So, is the Lightrifle hitscan or not? Very hard to determine that based on campaign.
Because if it isn't, then that would explain it being bad in MP... Can't say anything about it in MP yet as i've yet to unlock it.

Yes, all of the rifles are hitscan.

The light rifle is great...

....if you want assists. no hitscan and no auto-aim when zooming make it easily the worst precision weapon available in multiplayer.

It is hitscan. Also, aim better.

Petrichor

The light rifle is great...

....if you want assists. burst spread and no auto-aim when zooming make it easily the worst precision weapon available in multiplayer.

Woorloog

Banned
Yes, all of the rifles are hitscan.

Not counting the Storm Rifle and Suppressor...
Good to hear.
The LR does seem to be shooting slightly slower than the BR but lack of spread and recoil (if it had these, they're so weak they're barely detectable) should compensate... and if so, the weapon sounds like it is a good weapon for MP. Or should be.

daedalius

Not counting the Storm Rifle and Suppressor...
Good to hear.
The LR does seem to be shooting slightly slower than the BR but lack of spread and recoil (if it had these, they're so weak they're barely detectable) should compensate... and if so, the weapon sounds like it is a good weapon for MP. Or should be.

I wouldn't put the storm rifle and the suppressor in the same category as the BR/DMR/LR/Carbine; they are Assault Rifle analogues.

So in other words, all of the precision rifles are hitscan.

I heard multiplayer will put you right in the middle of ongoing games instead of letting you start from the beginning as it used to be.

Is that true??

I heard multiplayer will put you right in the middle of ongoing games instead of letting you start from the beginning as it used to be.

Is that true??

that's true. Sometimes you start with a new game though

When is the ranking system supposed to take effect? I keep getting matched up with terrible players

Is that true??

It happens. Joining games in progress does that. Its either that or you have a game thats practically unplayable with empty teams like Reach was.

zethren

Banned
Masterchief is not really human is he
?

Yes he is.

From my understanding, the Chief belongs to a line of humans who in ancient times was "touched", as Cryptum and Primordium describe, by the the Librarian.

Also, I'm not 100% sure what she did to Chief in the game, but I took it as Chief now had access to the Domain (Forerunner collective consciousness), which would explain how he can hear the Didact speaking to him at that one point when Cortana could not. Also would explain how he could hear Cortana in the last mission when she is whispering things like "I'll always take care of you" and such.

And on a side note:

I LOVED how the Didact and Librarian referred to Cortana as Chief's "Ancilla". Great stuff.

Yea I was pretty disappointed with the sound of the magnum.

Woorloog

Banned
I wouldn't put the storm rifle and the suppressor in the same category as the BR/DMR/LR/Carbine; they are Assault Rifle analogues.

So in other words, all of the precision rifles are hitscan.

Well, they're rifles, technically, being Primary weapons. Well. Kinda. Both lack actual rifling of course...

How's the Storm Rifle compared to the AR? The system prevents experimentation which means i don't buy stuff unless i'm sure i like it...

that's true. Sometimes you start with a new game though

When is the ranking system supposed to take effect? I keep getting matched up with terrible players

Its already there, all theyre doing (if i understood correctly) is adding a "visual rank" for players to see it. And that possibly only on waypoint.

Have you tried using the Plasma Pistol on them and then headshotting with a rifle?

Doesn't seem to work. At least, it takes down their shields, but they still need a few facefuls of lead before going down. Needlers take them down rapidly, as does getting in close with a Scattershot and delivering a mouthful of pain.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Is that true??

Yes. The good thing is you get free xp for finishing the match!

Sucks a 2 litre bottle of mtn dew only gets you 3 matches of xp. smh MS

Woorloog

Banned
Doesn't seem to work. At least, it takes down their shields, but they still need a few facefuls of lead before going down. Needlers take them down rapidly, as does getting in close with a Scattershot and delivering a mouthful of pain.

Prom Knights can be headshotted normally after dropping the shield... but the head's hitbox is quite small, they need to be facing you directly and you need perfect aim in practice.
As you say, Scattershot works wonders.

i-Lo

Okay, so I got Halo 4 yesterday and haven't played it yet. I decided to finally get into the Halo mythology and dust off my Halo 3 and Halo Reach Legendary edition (more of a game collector rather than a player) and play them before moving to Halo 4. Now, I have done two chapters in Reach and I am beginning to see why the game is praised by critics with regards to level design and gameplay controls. I am on the second chapter and I think I'll finish the SP within the next 3 days (not much of MP kind of guy, not to mention I'll be slaughtered with my skill atm).

Now, the only the only games I'm missing are Halo 1, 2 and ODST. I'd definitely play Halo Anniversary but I can easily see the story video online (given I don't do too well with grey corridors, they induce nausea) and for that and Halo 2. So how crucial is ODST compared to rest of the entries in the franchise? I know Nathan Fillion (YAY) has given his face and voice and not to mention the game has some of the if not the best set of soundtracks in the franchise allied with some really atmospheric locales.

Given I'm strapped for cash, can I make a thread asking if someone can lend me their copy of ODST (Toronto, Canada)?

Petrie

Banned
Weird glitch of sorts. Played through the entire campaign solo, and somehow got all the chapter complete achievements and such, except for 5. Just tried to reload it from the last checkpoint and still didn't give it to me. Hopefully it unlocks when I replay the whole thing.

Pissed me off that my cheevos will be in the wrong order though.

I still haven't unlocked any armor abilities yet - I'm waiting for Autosentry and Regeneration Field. Anything worth unlocking before that, IYO? I've got 7 points to spend.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Finally got my copy today. The MP is super fun even though I've only played 6 or 7 games so far.

Definitely can't wait to get lost in the story.

Okay, so I got Halo 4 yesterday and haven't played it yet. I decided to finally get into the Halo mythology and dust off my Halo 3 and Halo Reach Legendary edition (more of a game collector rather than a player) and play them before moving to Halo 4. Now, I have done two chapters in Reach and I am beginning to see why the game is praised by critics with regards to level design and gameplay controls. I am on the second chapter and I think I'll finish the SP within the next 3 days (not much of MP kind of guy, not to mention I'll be slaughtered with my skill atm).

Now, the only the only games I'm missing are Halo 1, 2 and ODST. I'd definitely play Halo Anniversary but I can easily see the story video online (given I don't do too well with grey corridors, they induce nausea) and for that and Halo 2. So how crucial is ODST compared to rest of the entries in the franchise? I know Nathan Fillion (YAY) has given his face and voice and not to mention the game has some of the if not the best set of soundtracks in the franchise allied with some really atmospheric locales.

Given I'm strapped for cash, can I make a thread asking if someone can lend me their copy of ODST (Toronto, Canada)?

ODST's story has essentially no effect whatsoever on the overarching Halo story, and barely any effect on the larger mythos.

That said, the game is really great, it can almost be called an "experimental" Halo.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I still haven't unlocked any armor abilities yet - I'm waiting for Autosentry and Regeneration Field. Anything worth unlocking before that, IYO? I've got 7 points to spend.

I like the shield for big team battle

It's effective when enemies are far away. When they're close they just throw grenades :/

---Also, will my shields not recharge if I have the shield armor out in front of me?

Top Bottom