• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Railgun is crazy good

i've only used it in campaign and i'm not sure how it works.... its like the laser in that you charge it to shoot - but you dont have to hold it down till it fires? when do you know its ready? does the length of charge change anything about the shot fired?

MrBig

As much of a departure from classic Halo as Infinity gametypes may be, I'm enjoying them quite a bit. All of the non BTB maps are fantastic. Will venture into BTB soon.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Election is over. Time to get back to work.

WvovZ.jpg

Grisby

F'yeah Jennifer Hale. Having her and Jen Taylor in a game is like a dream come true. Two of my favoritist female VA's.

This was happening to me a lot with audio logs in Chapter 7. Had to stand on the console, crouch, and look straight down in order to pick up the audio clearly.

It was most noticeable for me later in the game:
the part where you're defending the station from dropships in the mech
. I could barely here the score, and the guns on the mech are so loud that I had to stop firing to hear any of the dialogue coming through comms.

Grisby

Yeah, the dialog mix in the game is er, 'mixed'. Sometimes the music is so faint too it's hard to tell if it's good or not.

Picked up the game tonight after dinner. So Halo 4 Disc 2 is strictly multiplayer, right? If I'm installing and playing the campaign, I don't have to worry about it? I can use it as a coaster?

Ein Bear

F'yeah Jennifer Hale. Having her and Jen Taylor in a game is like a dream come true. Two of my favoritist female VA's.

I have the exact opposite reaction to Jennifer Hale. She seems to be in everything and can only do the one voice. Takes me out of the game every time I hear her, she's like the female equivalent of the Nolan North Drake voice.

jacobs34

Quick question, sorry if it has already been answered here. Is there any way to turn down the in-game sounds/music in the menus? I play with a headphones and it is impossible to hear teammates over the in-game sound.

Korosenai

On mission 3 (legendary) im at
this giant opening near the second reactor. There are about 40 covenant, 3 banshees, and a couple of ghosts. Ive got nothing but a ghost, boltshot and a suppressor. Holy shit this is gonna take a while.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
This game is fantastic. I always felt like Halo 2, 3, and ODST had retread campaigns that used similar artwork and never really gave me that wondrous feel that Halo CE gave. 4 benefits from 343's fresh focus with new environments that still feel vaguely familiar. I love this game.

Grisby

I have the exact opposite reaction to Jennifer Hale. She seems to be in everything and can only do the one voice. Takes me out of the game every time I hear her, she's like the female equivalent of the Nolan North Drake voice.
I could see that yeah. It would be interesting to hear her with some more range, kind of like NN's Penguin deal from Batman AC. Still enjoy her though.
Wow, so I have not purchased a new Xbox game in a while...these things don't even come with manuals anymore, do they?

That is not to bash against Halo 4 in any way...I am liking the game a lot more than I did Reach. And for $60, I will gladly take an enjoyable game over a paper booklet. I was just surprised that they don't even bother anymore...kind of makes me nostalgia-sad.
I remember the Halo 2 one was written from the view of the covies. It was pretty awesome.

Hey guys, figured I'd put this question in the OT.

Just got the game, but playing for the first time at my girlfriend's house.

Can disc 2 be installed on multiple consoles?

Sorry if that is a stupid question. Just want to make sure I can play later.

Falagard

On mission 3 (legendary) im at
this giant opening near the second reactor. There are about 40 covenant, 3 banshees, and a couple of ghosts. Ive got nothing but a ghost, boltshot and a suppressor. Holy shit this is gonna take a while.

If that's where I think it is, rush the elite getting into the nearby banshee. If it's not, then there's a banshee available that you can climb into nearby.

Also the place where you
first get the warthog, i was playing co-op with a buddy and managed to get the warthog over the ledge that is supposed to prevent you from taking the warthog further into the map. We drove it into the forerunner building, all over the place where you shouldn't be able to go. Right into the next area until finally there's a part where there's an elevator and we drove it into the elevator and pushed the button and the hog disappeared. Was awesome though.

i've only used it in campaign and i'm not sure how it works.... its like the laser in that you charge it to shoot - but you dont have to hold it down till it fires? when do you know its ready? does the length of charge change anything about the shot fired?

You hold the trigger and the charge releases automatically. Timing is key!

It's a one-shot kill, even if you aim at their feet since the blast radius will kill them.

ironcreed

Banned
As I said earlier, I barely got to play yesterday and mentioned what I played was very good, but nothing mind blowing. Boy does it ever keep getting better. Even the visuals have ramped up. Currently at Foreunner and holy shit what a gorgeous environment. The Promethean weapons are all amazing as well. Game is just dripping with quality.

FStop7

Banned
It's so weird that you can install War Games and Spartan Ops by downloading them (separately, no less) directly from XBL. Ultimately I think it's a good thing, it's just a surprise.

Kokonoe

Banned
Graphics are amazing for this game, and those new enemies give me a run for my money. Kinda like the riot shield thingy, saved me a lot.

ZZMitch

Just finished the campaign. It was great, but
I kind of miss the flood, it feels weird playing a Halo game without them. I am probably in the minority, but whatever

And how did
MC not die when he set off the bomb at the end? That part confused me

RedSwirl

Start first time on Heroic? I die a shitload of times but I've found from Reach and Anniversary that it's usually the most satisfying difficulty for me.

Ein Bear

Just finished the campaign. It was great, but
I kind of miss the flood, it feels weird playing a Halo game without them. I am probably in the minority, but whatever

Nah I'm with you, I enjoyed fighting the Flood in the earlier games too.

RedSwirl

Actually since I'm renting this I guess I'll go normal. If I like it enough to buy then I guess I can repeat on heroic.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna play some BTB or Dominion in 30 minutes? GT = kittens dx.

Jarmel

Banned
Started campaign. Holy shit at the Cortana downgrade. I mean I already knew she looked worse but man who did they pick to model Cortana off of?

Top Bottom