• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

MIMIC

Banned
So what armor ability do you guys use? I started out with camo, but I realized that I rarely if ever use it because I'm still getting used to crouch being mapped to a different button. Then I tried the hardlight shield. It seems to be effective when used sparingly and in small bursts (no longer than a few seconds). Seems like a nerfed version of the the armor lock since it doesn't stop grenades. I haven't tried any of the new ones yet (like the turret and the regen field).

And as for tactical, I have unlimited sprint (although I haven't unlocked them all yet). Been VERY useful so far.

So what armor ability do you guys use? I started out with camo, but I realized that I rarely if ever use it because I'm still getting used to crouch being mapped to a different button. Then I tried the hardlight shield. It seems to be effective when used sparingly and in small bursts (no longer than a few seconds). Seems like a nerfed version of the the armor lock since it doesn't stop grenades. I haven't tried any of the new ones yet (like the turret and the regen field).

And as for tactical, I have unlimited sprint (although I haven't unlocked them all yet). Been VERY useful so far.

For tactical, I use Dexterity (faster reloading and weapon swapping). I doubt I'll ever use something else. It's unbelievably useful.

(Wait, is Dexterity in the tactical package, or is it a specialization? I'm still not sure what's what. Haha!)

outcmd0n.gif
Hahaha! I was hoping someone was going to make a gif of this!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Uhhh, so is the 'getting in to the wall' of Complex glitch/bug well known?
Happened to me on multiple instances with different parties today, I think it is. If someone votes for Complex, bail out. Well, bail out regardless because it's Complex, but this just is further reinforcement.

What playlist is Meltdown in the rotation for, realized I've never even played it like a week in :lol

BTB I assume? It looks really cool from videos.

Hey You

I wonder if there is a chance we will get Objective games added to the BTB Infinity playlist.

It could still have ordnance drops and such, just have it so power weapons don't drop in personal ordinances but only random ones. Make it so not everyone will be camping with power weapons with the Flag/Oddball.

Also, I want a extraction playlist. Even just as a weekend playlist, to try it out.

Havok

What playlist is Meltdown in the rotation for, realized I've never even played it like a week in :lol

BTB I assume? It looks really cool from videos.
Big Team, Dominion.

It's okay, nothing special. Basically two big overlapping hallways. Not really suited for Slayer, but I guess that's what Big Team Halo is now, just slayer. Maybe once they decide to actually put quality objective stuff in there it'll be worth playing.

Big Team, Dominion.

It's okay, nothing special. Basically two big overlapping hallways. Not really suited for Slayer, but I guess that's what Big Team Halo is now, just slayer. Maybe once they decide to actually put quality objective stuff in there it'll be worth playing.
Yeah I don't get this. I've always been a BTB player but to have 0 objective games seems stupid. So disappointed.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Auto Sentry is good for armor as it is a good distraction and occasionally gets you assists and stuff.

For the other one i use dexterity for faster reloading. I'm just waiting till I unlock firepower so I can have the assault rifle to go with my DMR

exYle

rarely did i felt my deaths were justified. (lags, that melee animation zoomed out half way..... stopped and the guy turned around killed me, i have overshield and was shooting at the guy nearly load off the whole round but was still killed by him(and yes, it did hit him), for some reason plasma grenades are really attracted to me(i literally saw the grenade fell on the ground then stuck on me once i walked by it through my killcam.) etc.)

I kind of missed the point of the post, but that's because I really enjoyed your use of parentheses.

Fuchsdh

I'm really pleased with the assault rifle. Rips people a new one up close and I personal loadouts mean I don't have to be saddled with a weapon I don't want to pair with it. DMR + AR will prolly be my chosen loadout.

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh also great that the server thing is still not fixed for me, I deinstalled it and everything, it worked just fine yesterday and the days before.

I didn't change anything on my connection either

edit: any solutions HaloGAF? :(

Maybe someone can help over here, since today I get the message that I'm unable to reach the Halo 4 servers :/

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just gotta say: first time playing Halo 4 but man was it fun. It uses the "CoD concepts" well to the point that it meshes perfectly with the Halo gameplay. Nothing I've seen so far (as far as unlockables) is extremely overpowered where you are definitely outnumbered if you don't have it unlocked.

Anyway, Halo 4 is a definite improvement upon Reach's new Halo formula.

_woLf

Can I ask how the fuck do you "WIN" a Flood game? I've got both Victories and Ties and nothing is contributing towards that stupid challenges progress.

njean777

I just gotta say: first time playing Halo 4 but man was it fun. It uses the "CoD concepts" well to the point that it meshes perfectly with the Halo gameplay. Nothing I've seen so far (as far as unlockables) is extremely overpowered where you are definitely outnumbered if you don't have it unlocked.

Anyway, Halo 4 is a definite improvement upon Reach's new Halo formula.

I agree completely. The faster pace really makes the game more playable for me. It is still slower then COD, but it isn't as slow as 3 was. Cannot really speak for Reach as I never played it due to reading the book.

Lima

The way they changed boarding is a real bummer. For that achievement, you'll have the most success by jumping on top of the thing (not boarding it) and manually meleeing the hatch. Then you shoot the driver in the head.

It's pretty dumb.
What are you guys doing? You run up to the wraith, jump on top of it and enter the turret. Driver jumps out, you waste him using the turret. That is how boarding a wraith worked in every halo game and you don't damage the wraith in the process.

_woLf

Just discovered the stupid exploit on Complex that completely ruins Flood mode. No wonder that's the only damn map people choose....I hope they fix that fast, not going to bother with Flood mode until they do.

watership

Is there really no way to view your screenshots online? I want to save them on my computer =

Ill answer since everyone's head is still up their own ass with their worst game ever. Best game ever bullshit. Web access to your file share is coming soon. Everything your saving to your file share is still going to be there.

rakka

bungie for halo 5 please if only because of
mp.

although 343 did an amazing job with visuals and campaign is decent too.

clear31

ive been trying to do online coop campaign with a friend but the lag is terrible. Will they fix this or probably not?? How come Halo 3 didnt have these problems when I played that campaign coop?? I'm not big into multiplayer and cared more for the campaign with friends

AndresON777

shooting blanks
ive been trying to do online coop campaign with a friend but the lag is terrible. Will they fix this or probably not?? How come Halo 3 didnt have these problems when I played that campaign coop?? I'm not big into multiplayer and cared more for the campaign with friends

I'm sure it'll be fixed once black ops comes out this coming week.

My dream for a Spartan Ops mission, two pelicans and 3 scarabs. Can you imagine! This would be ideal for 4 players so the people in the pelicans could drop their partners off on top of the scarab.

def sim

This is precisely the type of match that JIP is supposed to fix.

JIP is in CoD as well, which has a much larger pool of players available, but uneven games still occur. The system helps, but doesn't completely prevent it from happening.

Not to defend 4's implementation, since it could be an error on their side for all I know. The game is still fairly new and my experience in BTB has JIP working just fine.

JdFoX187

Banned
JIP is in CoD as well, which has a much larger pool of players available, but uneven games still occur. The system helps, but doesn't completely prevent it from happening.

Not to defend 4's implementation, since it could be an error on their side for all I know. The game is still fairly new and my experience in BTB has JIP working just fine.

The issue is more matchmaking going ahead and starting a game with uneven teams instead of picking up an extra person. Happens more often than not.

watership

Has the reedited 90 min Forward unto Dawn been put on waypoint yet? I entered in the code , it downloaded a small file, and I can't find it anywhere on waypoint.

Edit: Fixed. It was corrupted. Had to delete the file and redownload it.

DeadNames

Banned
Posted this in the community thread:

This game has it. Slayer Pro proves that. I think what 343 ought to do is make H4 a barebones version of what it is. Only Primaries, secondaries and grenades allowed for loadouts. This would keep the loadout system, which I actually like. Get rid of personal/global ordnance. Make snipers get unscoped when shot. Set weapon spawns.

This would make H4 a lot better.

Trickster

HOLY SHIT, what is the fucking point of a feature like allowing people to join mid match, if I can go an entire fucking match playing 2v4.

FUCK THIS

Top Bottom