• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

rakka

absence of team death markers is even more of an issue in SWAT with no radar. if anything just fix this please 343.

JIP is still damn annoying and so are the killcams.

otherwise it's pretty damn good. way better than the piece of shit trainwreck that is infinity slayer.

May be a dumb question, but will we be getting some kind of weekly update/info dump from 343 like we used to from Bungie with their Bungie weekly updates?

Gueras

Banned
Campaign is really short done in legendary in 6 hours and half...
And not so hard like other Halos, I think they should made a long way campaign...

But the graphics for sure is the best looking game on Xbox360, sometimes i can't believe the game is running on a xbox360...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Still playing the campaign, but I have to admit, it isn't grabbing me in the same way as past Halo games. I dunno, it seems like everything is there and it does play well, but I'm just not digging it as much as I should. I almost feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Each of Bungie's games kept me glued to my seat right up until the end but I keep taking breaks for this one as I don't have the drive to keep pushing. Very strange. :\

We really need a non heavy version of Ragnarok. This version seems so vehicle oriented. It's fun from time to time, but it's voted so often it kind of gets annoying. Heavy and non-heavy version both being in rotation may help with the annoyance. As long as it doesn't just increase the amount of times the map gets voted.

There's a bulletin on Waypoint every week.

Thanks. Just went and checked that out. Weekly playlist updates sounds great.

Woorloog

Banned
How do you pick what difficulty the spartan ops episodes are?

You don't. Unless you play alone/pre-made party. MM Diifficulty is always Heroic.
Which sucks. I want to play the episodes 4 player legendary... but how? Do i have to organize a party before hand? I would have to find 4 Europeans and hope they have good connection for the mode being playable.

Sec0nd

So I just completed mission 5 and I need some help understanding what just happened. Huge story spoiler:
So wtf, there were advanced humans during the time of the Forerunners and they were enemies? Then something, something virus and prometheans are captured ancient humans? And then the Forerunner lady planted new seeds for humanity which evolved in what we are now?
Could someone clear this all up for me? I'm so confused lol.

Woorloog

Banned
So I just completed mission 5 and I need some help understanding what just happened. Huge story spoiler:
So wtf, there were advanced humans during the time of the Forerunners and they were enemies? Then something, something virus and prometheans are captured ancient humans? And then the Forerunner lady planted new seeds for humanity which evolved in what we are now?

Soo... yeah.
The humans had a large empire 100k years ago. The the Forerunners beat them in a war, reduced them to stone-age or so. Then the Flood beat the Forerunners, the Flood that the humans were running from and in running, weakened the Forerunners enough for the Flood to beat them.
So Forerunners activated Halos, cleansed the galaxy from life to starve the Flood.
EDIT the Librarian hid a "geas" to humans to create something like the Master Chief, augmented humans with powered armor. Geas is kind of a genetic command, a suggestion, irresitible, undetectable, hidden knowledge.
The old human civilization was a mix of various human races, homo sapiens, neanderthals, others. Only homo sapiens survived after the galaxy was re-seeded from the Ark (a Forerunner installation outside the galaxy, out of Halos range), species returned to their own homeplanets.

Dirtbag

Just watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76rnDdsIF4

Sec0nd

Soo... yeah.
The humans had a large empire 100k years ago. The the Forerunners beat them in a war, reduced them to stone-age or so. Then the Flood beat the Forerunners, the Flood that the humans were running from and in running, weakened the Forerunners enough for the Flood to beat them.
So Forerunners activated Halos, cleansed the galaxy from life to starve the Flood.
EDIT the Librarian hid a "geas" to humans to create something like the Master Chief, augmented humans with powered armor. Geas is kind of a genetic command, a suggestion, irresitible, undetectable, hidden knowledge.
The old human civilization was a mix of various human races, homo sapiens, neanderthals, others. Only homo sapiens survived after the galaxy was re-seeded from the Ark (a Forerunner installation outside the galaxy, out of Halos range), species returned to their own homeplanets.

Alright pretty cool. Thanks!

Tadale

So after beating it on normal on Saturday night, I spent most of the day yesterday on a legendary solo run and finished it yesterday evening. I actually think it's the easiest of all Halo games on legendary – I'm thinking maybe since there are more precision weapons littered around and power weapons like shotguns being more available.

Woorloog

Banned
So after beating it on normal on Saturday night, I spent most of the day yesterday on a legendary solo run and finished it yesterday evening. I actually think it's the easiest of all Halo games on legendary – I'm thinking maybe since there are more precision weapons littered around and power weapons like shotguns being more available.

It is the easiest because of smallish encounters and the AI's passivity, i can shoot a PromKnight on Legendary (sometimes) before it even moves.
Arguably the power weapons and precision weapons help... though based on comments here, some people don't plan and waste their ammo instead of saving them.

Jinjo

Hiding this, is probably one of the dumbest design choices of the game. So you know this video game that's hard to follow without being heavily invested in it's lore? Let's make it more confusing by hiding important video's away, so it makes even less sense. Genius!

They should've just made the videos unlockables in the game itself instead of hiding them away in halo waypoint just to try and get some attention (and merit) to that service. I don't get it.

You've got Regicide which is 6 man FFA. It's a weird version though, Kill the King. I guess you could describe it as a Juggernaut-ish game mode. I don;t like it.

I must confess. At first I didn't like it. But after spending some time with it I LOVE it. It's actually quite addicting. Just goes to show that we all need to give things a chance before judging.

However like anything in life it's very difficult to please everyone because different people will inevitably have different tastes. This is why diversity and having as many options as possible is the way to go and why I still think there should still be a basic FFA playlist.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I seem to be getting worse the more I play. I spend most of the time being run over by a Ghost or one shot with a power weapon.

If you're being shot in the head constantly with a DMR, that's me shooting you.

MrBig

They should've just made the videos unlockables in the game itself instead of hiding them away in halo waypoint just to try and get some attention (and merit) to that service. I don't get it.

While I agree that they absolutely should have been in-game, the assumption that they were pushed over to waypoint to get more users on that is incorrect. Apparently the studio producing them didn't finish them in time/not enough space to get them packaged onto the gold disc. The options then were cut terminals completely or offer them on waypoint.

Sissel

My point is that I don't care what you "true Halo fans" think because this game is exactly what I've been looking for. If you don't like it then don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Also, people who obsess over being competitive in a video game should re-focus some of that energy on improving their crappy real lives. It's kinda like the guy who overcompensates for his physical shortcomings by buying a bright red Corvette. Being all serious and competitive is what you do to get ahead in the real world. Video games are for chilling and having fun!
no shit. Which is why we're unhappy with the game, because instead of catering to us they're catering to the average person who doesn't care about Halo.

Oh and I barely have time to play Halo because I'm really busy these days. but when I do have time to play a few games, I much prefer balanced gameplay. If I want random bullshit, I'll play BF3.

rakka

So how can these guys change Promethean vision so it's not as hacksy?

remove the fuckin thing altogether. it's fine in campaign, but for mp it's pretty much ridiculous. i use it as admittedly it is damn useful but I sure hope it doesn't return in the next halo game. legal wall hacking lol. what a fucking joke. what's next, aim bot?

I'm going to throw all of my praise and excitement for Spartan Ops out of the window now because most of the missions this week are just rehashed from last week. 343 you lazy bastards, you said 50 missions.

MrBig

remove the fuckin thing altogether. it's fine in campaign, but for mp it's pretty much ridiculous. i use it as admittedly it is damn useful but I sure hope it doesn't return in the next halo game. legal wall hacking lol. what a fucking joke. what's next, aim bot?

The Radar gives you so much information now it doesn't even matter. PV is only useful if you can't interpret what the radar gives you and have no situational awareness at all.

LowParry

It's really not that bad the way people are putting it. Camo on the other hand...I'm not a big fan of that at all.

Oh and yes. SWAT. Fucking finally.

Stat!

In multiplayer, What is the maximum rank? And when I reach the maximum rank, what happens?

Multiple google searches are providing either confusing or different information.

So how can these guys change Promethean vision so it's not as hacksy?

I don't really get why it's so hax. I have tried it a couple times and I don't really see the benefit. The people that use it also get lit up on the radar so it's usually safe to assume when someone is coming to you when using it.

Are people just mad that their strategy of crouching with invis and bolt shot isn't working with it? That's the only people I can really see being that effected by it.

The Radar gives you so much information now it doesn't even matter. PV is only useful if you can't interpret what the radar gives you and have no situational awareness at all.

This! If anything I think the radar needs nerfed. :lol

rakka

the radar will not show a crouching camper. are we playing the same game?

LowParry

Are people just mad that their strategy of crouching with invis and bolt shot isn't working with it? That's the only people I can really see being that effected by it.

Most likely. It's pretty much the counter to those who creep/camo a lot. Dominion comes to mind with that with base campers.

Top Bottom