• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Overdoziz

Banned
I was actually rolling with a group of 5 in Reach Team Objective the other night and we steamrolled at least 6 games of Oddball Sword Base. At least one shut-out and the other team didn't score above 50 in most of the others. Oddly satisfying.
SSfQC.png

Pavaloo

Also, having to last resort switching to pistol and wrecking fools in SWAT is beyond rewarding. I feel like a badass just popping domes.

Pavaloo

It was by far the best thing about Reach MP.
The BR looks like the obvious choice in Halo 4, but the DMR was a perfect match for SWAT gameplay, so it's hard to say if it was a smart move before playing.

After getting attached to the DMR in Reach, I was really scared they would remove it in 4 in favor of a BR return, but I am so glad they gave us both. SWAT just wouldn't be the same without it.

Wiggum2007

Oh my god! I quit playing Reach soon after release and just now reading this thread found out there was a Headlong remake??? Fuck!!

Such a damn shame Halo 2 multiplayer is no longer playable on Live

rakka

I'd still use the DMR over BR even if just because it sounds so fucking good. (at least from the videos i've seen)

Overdoziz

Banned
Spawning red and taking the ball Top Red is just too good.

Fuck, how does this shit get past playtesting.
You're not playing it the right way, you get a small lead and throw the ball down to the bottom. Then you kill the enemy team as they run towards it. I've gotten several unfrigginbelievables that way.

I fuckin' love you. Officially. There is no more fighting it.

Also, got the archive working now. I was trying with Firefox while signed in to twitch. Didn't work. Then signed out. Didn't work. Then tried Chrome signed in. Didn't work. Signed out using Chrome. IT FINALLY WORKED!

WUO5o.gif

Oh my god! I quit playing Reach soon after release and just now reading this thread found out there was a Headlong remake??? Fuck!!

Such a damn shame Halo 2 multiplayer is no longer playable on Live

Yes and it can't be found online anymore. Its amazing! The playlist makers have been doing a bang-up job.

Ichabod

Banned
Edit : All final control schemes can be seen here.

Erm, call me crazy, but I don't see any controller presets with Look/Aim mapped to the left analog stick. Please say it ain't so because that would be a mega deal breaker for me.

Edit: I'm retarded. Just noticed those are button layouts and not stick layouts. Phew! Crisis averted.

rakka

i hate when a whole team just uses an oddball or hill game to bring their k/d ratio up. yeah, a couple players focusing on kills to support the objective is ok, but a whole fucking team not playing the objective at all and just camping, sniping, tossing the oddball in open spaces to up their precious k/d, fuck that's annoying.

blamite

Erm, call me crazy, but I don't see any controller presets with Look/Aim mapped to the left analog stick. Please say it ain't so because that would be a mega deal breaker for me.

Don't worry, stick settings are separate, there's still southpaw and legacy options available.

Satchel

Banned
Same here, it's just so satisying. No radar makes sneaking up really fun and assassinations truly come out of nowhere, sprint really helps the pace of these no shield fights and keeps things quick. Love it.

Also, having to last resort switching to pistol and wrecking fools in SWAT is beyond rewarding. I feel like a badass just popping domes.

It was by far the best thing about Reach MP.
The BR looks like the obvious choice in Halo 4, but the DMR was a perfect match for SWAT gameplay, so it's hard to say if it was a smart move before playing.

All of this. All of this up in my ass.

Man I want leave work early and play some SWAT.

Can I add anyone to my friends list? Wouldn't mind playing with Pros. I'm not anything great, but I can more than hold my own in SWAT.

You're not playing it the right way, you get a small lead and throw the ball down to the bottom. Then you kill the enemy team as they run towards it. I've gotten several unfrigginbelievables that way.

Well, that was a complete misunderstanding. Your strat reminds of something that would be possible in MW2 lol. That's ridiculous.

Wiggum2007

Oh man now I'm just pissed that Headlong got remade for Reach. Not only did I not get the chance to play it, but now that it's been remade it won't show up again till like Halo 11. :(

Bring on Halo 2 Anniversary

i hate when a whole team just uses an oddball or hill game to bring their k/d ratio up. yeah, a couple players focusing on kills to support the objective is ok, but a whole fucking team not playing the objective at all and just camping, sniping, tossing the oddball in open spaces to up their precious k/d, fuck that's annoying.

Then you would hate HaloGaf game nights.

#Objective Holding

Oh man now I'm just pissed that Headlong got remade for Reach. Not only did I not get the chance to play it, but now that it's been remade it won't show up again till like Halo 11. :(

Bring on Halo 2 Anniversary

With the Halo 4 engine, i wouldn't mind. Some of the best maps are in Halo2.

Even that one with the train passing by on the rail. God, that game had amazing maps.

Pavaloo

Can I add anyone to my friends list? Wouldn't mind playing with Pros. I'm not anything great, but I can more than hold my own in SWAT.

I'd play with you, but I have a couple of games to beat this week before Halo 4 comes out and I never touch them. So I'm on a Halo cleanse lol

Maybe for 4? My gamertag is: boooooooooooop

Izayoi

Banned
You guys are absurd. Keep that salt flowing.
Anyone saying anything remotely negative = salty. Sure thing, dude. I'd rather keep up some kind of discussion as opposed to just having it devolve into a circle jerk, but maybe that's just me.

Izayoi

Banned
Am I the only one that detests the DMR's existence?

#Carbine4lyfe
I don't detest it. It's the closest we'll get to the H1 pistol (aside from the Flagnum), so I can't truly hate it. I do wish they didn't feel the need to fuck with the Carbine so often, though. Maybe it will be good in Halo 5. ;_;

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I won't be on much between now and November 6, but add me anyways. My GT is kittens dx.

Overdoziz

Banned
The best thing is that when we do it we win and get a high k/d. Such are the ways of trueskill in Reach.

Sanjuro

Anyone saying anything remotely negative = salty. Sure thing, dude. I'd rather keep up some kind of discussion as opposed to just having it devolve into a circle jerk, but maybe that's just me.

When have I objected to discussion?

I find it personally hilarious when someone accuses me of being a 343 suck up, who begged me not more than a couple weeks ago for a 2XP code.

rakka

#Objective Holding

to be honest i also do enjoy focusing on kills occasionally, provided some of my team members are doing the objective so what I'm doing is supporting a win.

when a whole team is doing it it's just not fun for me regardless of which side of it i'm on.

I just wish people would present their arguments in a manner in which they could be discussed. For example, people who present their distaste for something and then not giving grounds or evidence for their convictions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43830025&postcount=1236
KyleJ post for most extreme anti-SLRP sensationalism

The salt isn't flowing, its being hurled out of a car going 90.

Wiggum2007

With the Halo 4 engine, i wouldn't mind. Some of the best maps are in Halo2.

Even that one with the train passing by on the rail. God, that game had amazing maps.

I feel like I oftentimes overrate Halo 2 MP way too much in my head, probably due to the fact that I played it so much more than the others because I got burnt on the formula and have played each consecutive game less and less. In reality there were all sorts of weapon balance issues and glitches.

But damned if Halo 2 didn't have the best maps in the series, and I don't think that's nostalgia talking. (Disclaimer I didn't play any Reach DLC maps)

IHaveIce

Banned

Sure add me GT is in my profile.

#Objective Holding
Lol Zealot, flag holding and spawn camping.

This is probably the worst possible abuse, it is hilarious

Lunchbox

Banned
When have I objected to discussion?

I find it personally hilarious when someone accuses me of being a 343 suck up, who begged me not more than a couple weeks ago for a 2XP code.

treyarch begs me to receive their codes bro. the king devs of this gen

get on my level

I feel like I oftentimes overrate Halo 2 MP way too much in my head, probably due to the fact that I played it so much more than the others because I got burnt on the formula and have played each consecutive game less and less. In reality there were all sorts of weapon balance issues and glitches.

But damned if Halo 2 didn't have the best maps in the series, and I don't think that's nostalgia talking. (Disclaimer I didn't play any Reach DLC maps)

No its not nostalgia, to me its a fact. Gameplay wise i think 2 was very unbalanced with the noob combo, lockon weapons and all, but the maps are top notch. Man, as soon as i heard Headlong was in Reach i was so pumped and when i played it, even with the AA, the map is amazing! Assault, one flag, all that shit, amazin!!

Then they took out BTB from the anniversary playlist and that was that for me and Reach.

Overdoziz

Banned
no, that just sounds like versing an easy team ;)
That's all that happens in Reach matchmaking. At a certain point we just stopped going for objectives (or at least not enough to win) simply because matches would be over within a few minutes. Gotta entertain ourselves you know.

So yeah...
KYgDJ.png

rakka

No its not nostalgia, to me its a fact. Gameplay wise i think 2 was very unbalanced with the noob combo and all, but the maps are top notch. Man, as soon as i heard Headlong was in Reach i was so pumped and when i played it, even with the AA, the map is amazing! Assault, one flag, all that shit, amazin!!

Then they took out BTB from the anniversary playlist and that was that for me and Reach.

hey, you could have still played anniversary slayer! snipers on headlong and hang em high seems to be a favourite, oh and prisoner slayer too. fun to be had there.

Lunchbox

Banned
hey, you could have still played anniversary slayer! snipers on headlong and hang em high seems to be a favourite, oh and prisoner slayer too. fun to be had there.

theres no fun to be had in reach

dont listen to this bungie shill. burn those discs

to be honest i also do enjoy focusing on kills occasionally, provided some of my team members are doing the objective so what I'm doing is supporting a win.

when a whole team is doing it it's just not fun for me regardless of which side of it i'm on.

Shit like this I don't get. This is the same reason that the "Objective games don't need you to go positive" and "I play for fun, so I shouldn't try to win" kind of arguments are crap.

Even if we're not going for the ball, we're preventing you from touching it. That's accomplishing an objective goal. The fact that it exemplifies broken matchmaking and/or maps is what you should be pissed at, not that players that are better than you have figured out how to keep you from the objective (or with sword base, you are blue and fucked by default).

That's all that happens in Reach matchmaking. At a certain point we just stopped going for objectives (or at least not enough to win) simply because matches would be over within a few minutes. Gotta entertain ourselves you know.

So yeah...

Maybe if they put a number beside everyones name, it would work better.

Top Bottom