• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

mhi

Oh man now I'm just pissed that Headlong got remade for Reach. Not only did I not get the chance to play it, but now that it's been remade it won't show up again till like Halo 11. :(

Bring on Halo 2 Anniversary

Actually its there under the Anniversary Classic, in the form of Team Snipers. Comes up pretty often too.

I too, abandoned Reach after about a month but came back for Beaver Creek, Headlong, Prisoner and Hang' em High. The 3sk pistol is just the icing on the cake.

rakka

That's all that happens in Reach matchmaking. At a certain point we just stopped going for objectives (or at least not enough to win) simply because matches would be over within a few minutes. Gotta entertain ourselves you know.

then the logical thing to do would be to play slayer. sounds to me like you're only in it for the k/d. my k/d is always better in objective games but i don't take advantage of it like some do (and like i said, no problem until the whole team starts doing it).

yooo no more reach talk in here.

the dog days are over.
Crying_Kenshiro-(n1308590242490).jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
then the logical thing to do would be to play slayer. sounds to me like you're only in it for the k/d. my k/d is always better in objective games but i don't take advantage of it like some do (and like i said, no problem until the whole team starts doing it).
We only really started playing Team Objective after they removed the only good Slayer playlist (Squad Slayer) and they made Team Objective DMR only. Before those changes we were in Squad Slayer 90% of the time.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Still on the fence between this and XCOM. Can only afford one, both sound great.

Wasn't a huge fan of Halo multiplayer in the last games, but I played the shit outta Halo 2 every day. Multi in this game looks nice though, love that 2 legged robot. Single player is always fun.

But it's XCOM. It's not like I can go wrong either way I guess.

So you get an organized group together, win consistently against random unorganized groups, and you blame the matchmaking system? Really? o_O
Awesome. Thanks!

Ummm...yes? It matches you and your friends against 3 year olds. We don't make the matches. How is that difficult to understand?

Izayoi

Banned
Matchmaking in Halo 3 works even with less than 20 people in the playlist. Good show.

Halo 3 SWAT is also pretty good.

Geoff9920

Ummm...yes? It matches you and your friends against 3 year olds. We don't make the matches. How is that difficult to understand?
An organized group will stomp an unorganized group of randoms in any remotely balanced multiplayer game regardless of the quality of matchmaking system. Anyway, this is getting off topic. Lets just agree to disagree.

Sucks that the DMR already looks to be the best starting weapon. And before someone says how it's mid/long range, there's plenty of videos which show people dominating with it in close ranges with no problem.

Plus, dunno why you'd purposefully hamstring yourself by choosing anything besides the DMR when 90% of the maps in the game would benefit from its 3x zoom.

An organized group will stomp an unorganized group of randoms in any remotely balanced multiplayer game regardless of the quality of matchmaking system. Anyway, this is getting off topic. Lets just agree to disagree.

We've done it against full teams with matching symbols and OMG matching clan tags. We've done it against teams that are honestly similar in skill. But get red on Sword Base and instawin anyway.

I don't see how it's off-topic to have concerns about a matchmaking system that will have invisible ranks and matching when that's the exact same BS line we were fed with Reach.

exactly. winning objective games against three year olds = true skill

fucking lol.
And "trueskill" matched you with those people. Are you dense or just trolling?

Izayoi

Banned
Except Magnum SWAT on Ghost Town.

That's not good, not good at all.

Magnum is such a piece of shit. It makes me sad.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You know it's possible for matchmaking to match full teams up with other full teams, right? Some playlists put more emphasis on that than others. It's not entirely unheard of or anything.

rakka

And "trueskill" matched you with those people. Are you dense or just trolling?

oh and i wasn't referring to the true skill system, i'm talking about the other dude who claims he has true skill due to consistently winning in an objective playlist with an organized group.

IHaveIce

Banned
oh and i wasn't referring to the true skill system, i'm talking about the other dude who claims he has true skill due to consistently winning in an objective playlist with an organized group.

lol what? He didn't claim he has "True Skill", he is complaining/ joking about the true skill system

The problem in Reach is not only does skill matching not work properly also group matching is ass.
You can go in as a group of 5 and you could match 5 randoms.
Or worse 2 randoms and a guy with his 2 guests who play like they're playing with their feet.

At least it should match them with a group of 2 and another group of 3 or something like that.

Matchmaking in Halo 3 works even with less than 20 people in the playlist. Good show.

Halo 3 SWAT is also pretty good.

Yeah, but after playing Reach SWAT I can't hit a thing in Halo 3, the netcode and the awful Elite players are just getting on my nerves lol

Geoff9920

You know it's possible for matchmaking to match full teams up with other full teams, right? Some playlists put more emphasis on that than others. It's not entirely unheard of or anything.
Oh, I'm well aware. I just think that playing in an organized group against a bunch of unorganized opponents and putting the full blame on the matchmaking system is short sighted. It's just pub-stomping and it's an issue that will always be around no matter how good the Halo 4 or any other game's matchmaking system is (hidden skill rating or otherwise).

No, I'm just against whole teams that play objective just to up their precious k/d ratio, and then claim that they're highly skilled players. give me a break.

Oh come off already. Anyone who plays with me will testify that I'm aggressive as crap and perfectly enjoy working objective and genuinely enjoy playing team games and working with other people.

What strikes me is you keep mentioning "whole teams" as if we're doing something wrong by playing together with people we enjoy playing with. It's no one's fault but your own (and the broken matchmaking) if the game matches you with idiots or against better players when you always search alone.

As has been said before, there are playlists that emphasize full team vs full team (Like super slayer, but it's 80% forge maps), but for some reason, the one playlist that should arguably do this more than any other (TO), doesn't.

You can keep passively arguing with me and the rest of HaloGAF on this point all you like, but trust me when I say that the matchmaking is at fault. From that point on, we can play the game however we want, just like you could quit, or valiantly and fruitlessly try to get the ball or whatever.

lol what? He didn't claim he has "True Skill", he is complaining/ joking about the true skill system

The problem in Reach is not only does skill matching not work properly also group matching is ass.
Or worse 2 randoms and a guy with his 2 guests who play like they're playing with their feet.

At least it should match them with a group of 2 and another group of 3 or something like that.

So that answers the dense or trolling question. Verdict? Dense.

Also, the underlined...

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
If you missed the stream...

Domino kicked my ass with the BR on Ragnarok. :/

Hahaha.

What Halo 4 comes down to that I like is the fact that it's a personalized gun-game experience. You could look at it and say, "damn the DMR is too strong", but if the DMR doesn't compliment YOUR unique play style, its strength and functionality won't do well for you.

It all comes down to how you play and that determines which primary weapon's going to compliment you well.

rakka

Oh come off already. Anyone who plays with me will testify that I'm aggressive as crap and perfectly enjoy working objective and genuinely enjoy playing team games and working with other people.

yet at the same time you guys admit to objective holding.

You can keep passively arguing with me and the rest of HaloGAF on this point all you like, but trust me when I say that the matchmaking is at fault. From that point on, we can play the game however we want, just like you could quit, or valiantly and fruitlessly try to get the ball or whatever.

and you can keep playing objective and consider yourself amazing because you can get a high k/d in TO. haha.

Lingitiz

l

This has always been the terrible, and it felt even worse in Reach because the player base wasn't as large as the games in the original trilogy.

I really hope that the new matchmaking will make hopping into MM alone fun again. I'm assuming everything still runs on true skill right?

Top Bottom