• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

yet at the same time you guys admit to objective holding.

and you can keep playing objective and consider yourself amazing because you can get a high k/d in TO. haha.

Only on Zealot do we "hold" anything. No one said we're amazing (those are your words). I couldn't care less about my k/d in TO, because it's literally meaningless.

The only people that complain this much about how other people play the game and not about the mechanisms in place that make it possible are morons.

We want a better matchmaking experience. What better way than to showcase the problems in the current one?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey dudes, I cleared off a few spots on my friends list if any GAFfers want to add me for Halo 4. If you missed it earlier, my tag's the same as my username.

Pavaloo

No its not nostalgia, to me its a fact. Gameplay wise i think 2 was very unbalanced with the noob combo, lockon weapons and all, but the maps are top notch. Man, as soon as i heard Headlong was in Reach i was so pumped and when i played it, even with the AA, the map is amazing! Assault, one flag, all that shit, amazin!!

Then they took out BTB from the anniversary playlist and that was that for me and Reach.

Valhalla is the greatest Halo map of all time. /kanyevoice

Squire

Banned
Are we gonna have a SPOPS thread? Or organize teams in here/HaloGAF?

Could've called a SPOPS thread:

Halo 4: Spartan-Ops - Season 1 (OT) Hosted by Jennifer Hale!

rakka

Only on Zealot do we "hold" anything. No one said we're amazing (those are your words). I couldn't care less about my k/d in TO, because it's literally meaningless.

okay, maybe haloGAF is an exception, but seriously, as i play matchmaking mostly with just my gf and not a full party, the likelihood of players who take advantage of objective games constantly shit talking and being absolutely full of it are pretty damn high. so the gaf games might not be like that, who knows, maybe i'll join in some time.

We want a better matchmaking experience. What better way than to showcase the problems in the current one?

well I sure hope they've improved it for halo 4.

Respawn

Banned
Nice OT. Really hoping this game does what Halo 2 did for me last generation.

Same here buddy. Going to savor this during the Thanksgiving holiday season.
My goodness Im hyped.
Also, do I get all dlc content for buying the $100 edition? [Im sure this is known and sorry for repeating]

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i too am looking for gaffers to play with. send requests to LoopOfHenle

m23

Finally got to watching the stream, I know its been said already but those sounds are amazing. Interested in seeing what the reviews will be like, I'll find out in the morning before I leave for work.

nillapuddin

so it auto tea bags when sent over a dead body.
?

game of the forevers.

edit:
also, warthog physics made my jaw drop.
I was surprised by how impressive they were

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fuck, even with the overshield, the needler just fucking devastated him. wow.

DrBo42

Are there any trustworthy sites I can nab a Limited Edition copy from? Was going to buy the Halo 4 360 but it just comes with the standard version...wtf.

Zeal

Banned
Quick question. Earlier previews of the game stated that there was no wait time to respawn when you died, but I'm seeing the same 3-4 second countdown to respawn just like previous Halos. Does the instant respawn only apply to certain multiplayer modes or was this changed in the final build?

Victrix

*beard*
Quick question. Earlier previews of the game stated that there was no wait time to respawn when you died, but I'm seeing the same 3-4 second countdown to respawn just like previous Halos. Does the instant respawn only apply to certain multiplayer modes or was this changed in the final build?

Certain modes

More importantly I don't hear BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEP on respawn, so this is already the best Halo

CTF has a respawn timer for sure, infinity slayer doesn't.

Zeal

Banned
CTF has a respawn timer for sure

Thank god, or no one would ever score.

Also, this is easily the most polished and refined Halo to date. The audio alone is insane.

The fucking AR sounds like a beast now, along with every other classic sound effect being totally redone and beefed up 10x.

Top Bottom