• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Satchel

Banned
it's still 5sk isn't it? apart from minimal bloom how is it OP?

i'm just going by what I've seen so far, didn't watch the livestream.

Unless everyone in the vids being shot was already softened up, it seemed more like 3 shot to me.

So it IS officially 5 shot?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Unless everyone in the vids being shot was already softened up, it seemed more like 3 shot to me.

Yeah, it's 5 shot.

The only precision rifle that isn't 5SK is the Light Rifle while scoped, which is then a 4SK. The magnum that's used while carrying the flag is also a 4 shot, but ONLY the flag one.

rakka

i've watched dev diaries and dmr is 5 shot and br as well (or actually 5 burst).

highly doubt it but color me surprised if its changed to 3 lol.

The only precision that isn't 5SK is the Light Rifle while scoped, which is then a 4SK.

the sniper is a precision weapon...

So why not make it better instead of remove it? Pfft, by that logic the BR never should've returned after Halo 3, among many other things..

1328772015_Dog_slap.gif

I never said I agreed with removing it. I just expressed my opinion about it.

fd845b.gif

So we don't get any air vehicles that can hold more than one person?

Nope ;'[ RIP Warthog of the Sky.

The Falcon was made a poor vehicle because of Reach's shitty vehicle health, the fact that it could not defend itself against the Banshee, and its inability to carry passengers like in the campaign.

It would've been a much better vehicle in H4.

Bolded for truth. Imagine the Falcon in Halo 4's sandbox? Would've been awesome for MP.. Would've been cool to add the Falcon with the Grenade Launcher for one turret while the other turret would be a machine gun. Heck, they could've made it so that the turrets can be shot off by enemies and then the Falcon could carry the extra 2 players as passengers.

..or maybeeee they could've gave the Falcon three passenger spots, 2 for gunners, one for passenger, turrets can be shot off and made into additional seats for passengers if the vehicle doesn't get destroyed.

The potential for air battles ended poorly with Reach after being at least fun in Halo 3 with the Hornet vs Banshee.

Seriously 343.. ;[

The Falcon was awesome... just not for Multiplayer.

We should be mourning the Chopper still instead.

It's been mourned ten times over :B - Imagine this kind of animation for the "Promethean Chopper" though? Missed opportunity indeed..

I never said I agreed with removing it. I just expressed my opinion about it.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/come%20at%20me%20bro/grand/fd845b.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

bahaha I'm liking these fresh "new" people :D - Also didn't mean to sound rude about it <3

[QUOTE][IMG]http://media-worlds.theotaku.com/15014-662434-20110123132815.jpg

Why would they need vehicles when they can blink everywhere.

Why would they need anything but a Shotgun if they can just teleport right next to their enemy and BOOM!? Gameplay > realism

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why would they need vehicles when they can blink everywhere.

Can they teleport long distance? Or is it just in short spurts?

Just image, especially if the design philosophy was similar to the weapons: You'd have a vehicle that assumes its form in front of you. You could ride a fucking transformer.

Instead, we lose like 2 vehicles, and we get only 1 addition, and that's to the most boring sandbox (human).

zychi

Banned
anyone have any experience with paypal's bill me later? i accidentally ordered the halo le using bill me later, i didnt realize it until now, and toysrus CS isnt responding to my email. i cant figure out how to pay bill me later as my temp account has nothing due on it, and toysrus still says its processing for shipment.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an interview or something with 343 on the reasoning behind including the DMR and BR?
343 wanted players to be able to choose starting weapons that suit their personal play style.

BR is a three round burst, good at short to mid range, not so accurate at long distance, 2x scope.

DMR is good at mid-long, not so good at short, very accurate but also has mild bloom, 3x scope.

Light Rifle is a three round burst while unscoped, single shot while scoped. Takes four shots to kill while scoped. Alternating between the firing modes takes skill, though, so it will have a higher learning curve.

And I have no idea how the Carbine handles.

RIP Campaign and Spartan Ops Theater
RIP Campaign scoring
RIP Ranks
RIP Chopper
RIP Falcon
RIP Hornet
RIP Promethean vehicles that never were

Did I miss anything?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
YouTube for 343i live stream (still processing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAmPbrXnAZ0

Thanks a mil for this Odysseus!

erbody live streaming

IGN Live Presents: Halo 4
We'll be live streaming Halo 4 multiplayer sessions this Thursday, November 1 from 10AM to Noon Pacific.

Typical, I'll be packing and getting ready to fly all of tomorrow, busy the whole day after that and will be on slower internet for two weeks, and then sites will be having live streams - man.

Homeboyd

Does anyone actually enjoy SWAT?

Please tell me they wont have a SWAT playlist at launch.
:( I do...

PLUS, you have to think of it this way. If they added SWAT to a regular slayer playlist, it would get voted for and you'd be stuck playing it. This way, us weirdos can stay out of your way and you don't ever have to play it! win/win

Although, I don't know if it will be a launch playlist or not. I definitely won't be playing a lot of SWAT right off the bat as I'll want to get a lot games in on the other new modes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching the 343 livestream now and goddamn this looks polished as fuck. First time I'm seeing extensive UI footage and from the menus, to the little HUD quirks, and all it looks great. Dat budget.

Also Major Nelson is a great host and interviewer. Asks all the right questions.

Watching the 343 livestream now and goddamn this looks polished as fuck. First time I'm seeing extensive UI footage and from the menus, to the little HUD quirks, and all it looks great. Dat budget.

Also Major Nelson is a great host and interviewer. Asks all the right questions.

Bahahah

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone actually enjoy SWAT?

Please tell me they wont have a SWAT playlist at launch.
You should be happy it won't be mixed into the Team Slayer playlist like Halo Reach at launch. That was a fucking disaster.

Someone bring me candy, reverse trick or treat style.

Why isn't the Live Stream up until 11PM! Every damn night i try to get to bed before 11PM and then stuff like this happens. Are you trying to ruin me 343i?

Homeboyd

You know.. Infinity SWAT could be enjoyable. Different headshot weapons being dropped down. Even the occasional binary rifle. Shit'd be fun*.

*personal opinion

MrDaravon

Whoa, I didn't realize that. Cant stand it personally. I wonder why its so widely liked.

To those who enjoy it: What makes it an enjoyable experience for you?

It's a much more twitch experience for people who are into that, and based on how successful games like CoD are, a lot of people are into that.

Someone bring me candy, reverse trick or treat style.

Why isn't the Live Stream up until 11PM! Every damn night i try to get to bed before 11PM and then stuff like this happens. Are you trying to ruin me 343i?

What are you talking about, it's almost 12:30.
I hate how 343 runs everything off Pacific Time.

I love SWAT. A bunch of people enjoy SWAT. So many people enjoy SWAT, it's one of the most played playlists in Reach.

And yeah, it gets its own playlist in H4. As it should.

Good point.

Still, Something really bothers me about the fact that the objective playlists are so lacking in player count compared to Swat and such.

Different strokes I guess.

Top Bottom