• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

JB1981

Spawning with plasma pistols and plasma grenades is seriously ruining my enjoyment in this game. In Halo 3 I loved using the warthog and prided myself on being a skilled driver, but now everyone and their grandma just spawns in, PPs you and then chucks a hail of plasma grenades. Not to mention every BTB map provides only cramped driving spaces.

I was hoping for the return of the Warthog in Halo 4 after Reach. 343 needs to address this :(

(Not to mention how EASY the warthog flips, sheesh)

Also the Wheelman tactical package is so MEH, completely not worth using given the other tactical packages you could be using

BTB is a mess

pakkit

Banned
JiP dropped me and a friend into an Oddball match where the other team was leading 250-0.

We ended up winning. Feels goodman.

BTB has ALWAYS been a mess.

JiP dropped me and a friend into an Oddball match where the other team was leading 250-0.

We ended up winning. Feels goodman.

BTB has ALWAYS been a mess.

Not always. It became a mess when they added heavies. Now every game is heavies with ordinance drops and resupplies.

TheOddOne

Lol, the game drops me into a Regicide game where the King is leading with 260 points.

Come the fuck on, 343.
I still don't get why they can put in an algorithm for join in progress where the player only comes in on the first half of the match, after that don’t. Specifically in modes likes Regicide, that is really needed. Outside of that, I can kind of understand why people are dropped in at the last minute. Still, it sucks.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Last minute of the match? Try literally last second / loading into MATCH LOST screen and then hitting the load screen again.

Then again, every FPS has this problem and it just never gets resolved.

Raide

I still don't get why they can put in an algorithm for join in progress where the player only comes in on the first half of the match, after that don’t. Specifically in modes likes Regicide, that is really needed. Outside of that, I can kind of understand why people are dropped in at the last minute. Still, it sucks.

It would make sense. Not really sure how they sort it out now but it cannot be that hard to tweak it right?

I don't and never have played a LOT of Halo multiplayer, but I am kicking a$$ and taking names in Halo 4. I don't know why, but with this one it finally clicked. I was going pure DMR style for the last couple weeks, but then after realizing how little recoil the assault rifle has, I've been sticking exclusively to that and coming out of every game with a positive KDR.

I love the emergent gameplay that this game brings, especially in Big Team Slayer (or whatever it's called) with all those vehicles. I've been playing a fair bit of King of the Hill and Dominion too. Overall I think this is my favorite Halo MP to date and maybe one of my favorite MP games ever. There are just so many moments that are totally unpredictable and the momentum of the game just never ceases.

I don't and never have played a LOT of Halo multiplayer, but I am kicking a$$ and taking names in Halo 4. I don't know why, but with this one it finally clicked. I was going pure DMR style for the last couple weeks, but then after realizing how little recoil the assault rifle has, I've been sticking exclusively to that and coming out of every game with a positive KDR.

I love the emergent gameplay that this game brings, especially in Big Team Slayer (or whatever it's called) with all those vehicles. I've been playing a fair bit of King of the Hill and Dominion too. Overall I think this is my favorite Halo MP to date and maybe one of my favorite MP games ever. There are just so many moments that are totally unpredictable and the momentum of the game just never ceases.

It's actually called Super Big Team Hyper Infinity Spartan Slayer Battle.

S.B.T.H.I.S.S.B. for short

pringles

I've never liked BTB as much as I do in this game. BUT, it's almost ruined by people never voting for any map other than Ragnarork, or in it's absence, Exile. I like both those maps, but I seriously played 20 straight BTB games of only those 2 maps.

Meanwhile, in SWAT and Infinty, Haven is all everyone wants to play. Sigh.

Having the green visor as an unlock is possibly the greatest motivation in the world to get people to use the Ghost. Or the worst thing in the world. Not sure yet.
Why so? It's just a bland looking visor to me, not worth going out of my way trying to splatter people.

I've never liked BTB as much as I do in this game. BUT, it's almost ruined by people never voting for any map other than Ragnarork, or in it's absence, Exile.
It is also almost ruined by friendly fire on vehicles. Every other match I am bullied out of the tank or destroyed in it from my team mates grenading the hell out of me. Same with the Mantis...the last game I played apparently someone wanted the sniper I was using so they got in the Warthog, ran me over and took it for themselves...

Regicide is still the easiest gametype by far to catch up in.

Guy got four more kills and ended the game before I even knew what was going on.

I've been playing terribly the last few days. My arm hurts, so that might have something to do with it. I resigned to playing some less intensive game to get it to heal a bit. All this twitchy trigger-mashing started to hurt.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I feel like 343 didn't go far enough with the CoD style leveling. Needs more guitar riffs and bigger fonts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why so? It's just a bland looking visor to me, not worth going out of my way trying to splatter people.
On one hand it promotes people trying to grind it out which is obviously bad for team-oriented gametypes.

On the other hand it makes people use the Ghost, which is otherwise pretty ineffective overall.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ugh, SWAT on Haven. Renders the whole playlist meaningless. There should be more to SWAT than just shooting first.

baskq.gif

can't

got this on black friday.. the campaign is really disappointing .. maybe the weakest one yet.. story is uninteresting and convoluted, everything is so metallic looking.. lot of it feels rehashed from halo 3 and reach

dunno, not feeling it

got this on black friday.. the campaign is really disappointing .. maybe the weakest one yet.. story is uninteresting and convoluted, everything is so metallic looking.. lot of it feels rehashed from halo 3 and reach

dunno, not feeling it

Definitely the weakest one.
It also got rid of the epic set pieces & large scale environments from the previous games.

exYle

I found the most common consensus was that the campaign had some worst setpieces and lack of open areas, but at the same time had the best storytelling of the series.

Top Bottom