• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Holy shit I just caught up on that Extraction gameplay and.. DAMN this game looks so fun! Everything just sounds so legit and the gameplay looks incredible..... I think one thing many people may be underestimating is how unique the Promethean weapons feel. We haven't really had that major surprise of so many new weapons that felt different from what we've played before since Halo 1. Halo 2 only really added the Sword which blew minds, Halo 3 the Gravity Hammer/SpLaser, Reach the Grenade/Plasma Launcher, but Halo 4? All the Promethean weapons feel unique, but even weapons like the Railgun and Sticky Detonator metagame.. not to mention the returning weapons feel so damn fresh.

I need this game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
players don't drop 'nades when killed anymore? That's a weird decision.
They do, but only people with the 'Resupply' perk can pick them up. It's just meant to reduce grenade spam. I was all hyperbolic and pissed about it when it was first announced, but I think it's one of the changes I'll end up liking, actually.

Archpath1

only gripe is the weapon icons floating around the damn screen till someone picks em up(ex: i always see the needler icon floating in gameplays)
should only show up for a small amount of time, or when you are around the area.

CyReN

Thanks to 343 first of all for sending TheHaloCouncil a media copy, being a new and upcoming Halo site it means a lot to see us get this kind of treatment so early.
Now there is still a embargo on stuff, and I have to finish others so this will be mainly about multiplayer. These are my initial reactions, and will change once I’ve played everything. Seeing that the game isn’t out there are only about 80 or so people on at a time, and 95% of them are in Infinity Slayer.

My first game: 25-2-13 on Complex Infinity Slayer

H4 > HR

Maps:
Haven – Better than any map in Reach, and my favorite so far in H4. Visually stunning and plays really well for 4v4.
Solace – Another good map, visuals are dark and grim and have a eerie feeling (which I like). 4v4 can be a little big at time. 5v5/objective games like CTF will be great on it when I get to play it.
Complex – Map isn’t really suited for 4v4, my biggest gripe is the middle building. If you have a DMR on top of it you are a god if the other team isn’t working together.

Assists are good
Maps are great from the 3 I’ve played
Game sounds is REALLY good
You don’t notice the white text
Join in is smooth, and has been great for when G4TV staff quit

Dislikes:
Game default controls have: Toggle Crouch/1 sensitivity (WHY?)
Hard to read name cards in lobby, have to lean head sideways
IS Complex TS isn’t good for 4v4.
No visual skill ranks

Redford

aka Cabbie
Abandon looks wonderful, most of the footage we've gotten before hasn't done the textures justice.

Layout reminds me of High Ground.

Dislikes:
Game default controls have: Toggle Crouch/1 sensitivity (WHY?)
Hard to read name cards in lobby, have to lean head sideways
IS Complex TS isn’t good for 4v4.
No visual skill ranks

ffs haha.

Yeeeep, sounds about right.

Omni

I'm seeing quite a few comments on how the Prometheans are boring to fight. I have to say, not entirely unexpected.

GhaleonEB

players don't drop 'nades when killed anymore? That's a weird decision.

It sounds hugely objectionable on paper. And I trashed it pretty hard in advance.

Then I played it and realized I was quite happy with the role grenades played. Kiss grenade spam goodbye.

One of those cases where the ends totally justified what sound like draconian means.

FyreWulff

It sounds hugely objectionable on paper. And I trashed it pretty hard in advance.

Then I played it and realized I was quite happy with the role grenades played. Kiss grenade spam goodbye.

One of those cases where the ends totally justified what sound like draconian means.

Backwash was ahead of it's time

Who said PV was going to be useless or anything but extremely powerful? ;]

And wow, that HLS.. This stream is great though! All those weapon indicators make each thing feel important and make you want to pick them up, even just regular frag 'nades lol

lucius

So I saw in the IGN Video Review and Spartan Ops Episodes will be weekly for 10 weeks, anyone know if you wait until after all are released then buy Gold will you have access to all past released Spartan Ops Episodes or do they expire each week?

btw, the IGN video review has some slight spoilers so a warning to some

So I saw in the IGN Video Review and Spartan Ops Episodes will be weekly for 10 weeks, anyone know if you wait until after all are released then buy Gold will you have access to all past released Spartan Ops Episodes or do they expire each week?

btw, the IGN video review has some slight spoilers so a warning to some

You'll have access to them.

Card Boy

Banned
Heres an avatar if someone wants it. Master Cheif

BCEQ.jpg

Top Bottom