• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Booties

Banned
No visible rank? Couldn't do the easiest thing possible to please the most whiny crowd? Glad to see grifball and zombies got complete makeovers.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Reviews are starting to hit in the review thread.
Why didn't you quote my review? :-(

Eh, he asks general informative questions and focuses on the most confusing stuff that's come out of PR for clarifications and probes further on them. As he should. Good host.
Agreed. He's not an interviewer in the journalistic sense, but he's a great host.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No visible rank? Couldn't do the easiest thing possible to please the most whiny crowd? Glad to see grifball and zombies got complete makeovers.
I think their reasoning for no visible rank is good. It's pretty pointless and creates more problems for the multiplayer populace at large than does any good. Those interested in ego stroking will just transition to the player customization elements and progression system (which still has some sort of number to brag about attached to it) to get their fill. Skills are still matched up at the end of the day, which is what actually matters.
But it's historically not really great at doing that either, so I don't know.

Why would they need vehicles when they can blink everywhere.
Oh yeah, you're totally right. Modern day military forces only use vehicles for fast transport, they wouldn't be effective at amplifying a force's offensive capabilities with superior firepower and armor while providing new tactical capabilities. Who needs all that when you can have ground troops that teleport?

That's all cool though guys, we've got a mech now...

DrBo42

Once I discovered I could do a cool animation when assassinating someone I don't think I ever tapped melee in that situation again. How can you resist?

Drakken

Just read through the first post (great job, Ghaleon). Soooooo excited for next week! Can't believe it's November already. :-D

Ken

Why would they need anything but a Shotgun if they can just teleport right next to their enemy and BOOM!? Gameplay > realism

Because it looks like their teleport/blink whatever takes time to reform on the other end?

Oh yeah, you're totally right. Modern day military forces only use vehicles for fast transport, they wouldn't be effective at amplifying a force's offensive capabilities with superior firepower and armor while providing new tactical capabilities. Who needs all that when you can have ground troops that teleport?

That's all cool though guys, we've got a mech now...

Are you upset that now you'll never be able to finish your Halo fanfiction where Master Chief and Cortana drive off towards the sunset on a Promethean vehicle.

Here, give this to Gandhi ;]

Why would they need vehicles when they can blink everywhere.
Because it looks like their teleport/blink whatever takes time to reform on the other end?

You just answered your own question then :]

-EDIT-

Not really, no.

Promethean teleporting as you described vs Banshee or any other vehicle or anything that requires more firepower than guns.

I doubt they lack the firepower to take down a Banshee. I mean, they have Incinerator Cannons and defensive support units in the form of Watchers. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get anti-vehicle support units later that melt most vehicles in a few hits. Anyways, I don't want to derail the thread so you can continue wishing for Promethean vehicles.

wut. k. lol if you really can't see why they'd need vehicles then sure, no reason to discuss it anymore

Ken

You just answered your own question then :]

Not really, no.

Exiting the blink takes like 1~2 seconds. That takes too long to get the jump on someone but it's fine for getting around places.

I doubt they lack the firepower to take down a Banshee. I mean, they have Incinerator Cannons and defensive support units in the form of Watchers. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get anti-vehicle support units later that melt most vehicles in a few hits. Anyways, I don't want to derail the thread so you can continue wishing for Promethean vehicles.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching the Solace gameplay from the 343 stream earlier, and wow.

How Not to Play Halo 4:
- Use your assault rifle for long distance kills.
- Run at enemies when you have no shields.
- Run up to the entire enemy team while none of your teammates are around.
- Rather than shooting the enemy with no shields, shoot the one with full shields.
- Ignore your hardlight shield, even when it will save you.

I'm literally yelling at my monitor while watching this, haha.

Just played a round of Infinity Slayer with (among others), Jeff Gerstmann. I suck at Halo games :(
Don't feel too bad. I look back at my early Halo Reach film clips and just laugh at how bad I was. And now I'm way less bad! And at least you can take comfort in knowing that you're better than every person ever employed by 343. :p

HAHA! Awesome Gif.

Who is "new"?

Just didn't have a better word for describing those-who-weren't-posting-frequently-in-HaloGAF :b

Any word about a legendary extra ending?

Yup there is, don't go skipping everything!

Another beat Legendary solo achievement? I had a hell of a time with the reach one.

tumblr_m7q7cwndHx1rrxe89o4_250.gif

Mr.Fresh

Bought XBL , ordered 32 gb flash drive , and preordered the game. I'm ready! Now I just gotta play threw 1 and 3 this weekend . I only ever played Reach.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I thought Reach Legendary on solo was easy for the most part.

Maybe it's because it took me a good hour or so getting the "If They Came to Hear Me Beg" achievement is why I have such bad memories. That and i'm accustomed to playing legendary co-op, reach was the first one I tackled by myself.

photoshop_halogaf-small.png

Halo 4 is almost here, so let's celebrate with a quick contest!

Photoshopping HaloGAF

The Contest:
1. Use photoshop (or GIMP, MS Paint, etc.) to edit one of the "HaloGAF at NYCC" pictures. If you'd rather edit a Halo 4 screenshot, that will do as well.
2. Email the picture to me at ncsuDuncan@gmail.com before 5:00pm EDT on Sunday, November 4th. (Please include "HaloGAF Contest" in the subject line.)
3. I will personally judge the contest and pick one First Prize and one Second Prize winner. A single Random Drawing winner will also be picked from all entrants.

Here are some pictures and screenshots to get you started:
NYCC Day 1
NYCC Day 2
NYCC Day 3 (Booth and Panel)
NYCC Day 3 (MegaBloks party and NYC nightlife)
NYCC Day 4
Halo 4 Screenshots

Rules:
- Anyone can enter – you don’t have to be a member of NeoGAF.
- Original artwork only, please! Do not submit someone else’s art.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but you can only win one prize package.
- Submitting multiple entries could increase your chance of being picked as First or Second prize, but you still only get ONE entry in the random drawing.
- Please submit entries as .jpeg, .png, .bmp, or .gif and keep the file size and resolution reasonable.
- Feel free to post your entries on NeoGAF or elsewhere, but make sure you email your submission to me.
- INTERNATIONAL ENTRANTS: This contest is NOT restricted to US-only, but if you win a prize and live outside the US please understand the extra difficulty/delay in prize shipping.

Any entries that do not conform to NeoGAF's rules of conduct will be discarded. Remember, I'm judging these - while I do enjoy sarcastic jokes and dark humor I have my limits.

The Prizes:

First Place
The winner will receive one of each of the following items:
- Halo 4 "Vote" T-shirt (Men's Medium)
- Halo 4 "Vote" Poster
- Halo 4 "Vote" Sticker
- UNSC tote bag
- Halo Silentium Poster *signed by Sparth* (Reverse side of poster is The Thursday War cover art.)
- The Art of Halo 4 cover print
- Halo 4 window sticker
- MegaBloks UNSC Armory Pack II
- MegaBloks Halo Series 5 minifig pack
- Halo 4 iHeartRadio avatar t-shirt codes (male and female)
- Halo 4 "Vote" wristband
- ONI Kilo-Five patch
- Cryptum button/pin

Second Place
The winner will receive one of each of the following items:
- Halo 4 "Vote" poster
- Halo 4 "Vote" sticker
- The Art of Halo 4 cover print *signed by Sparth*
- ONI Kilo-Five patch

Random Drawing
The winner will receive one of each of the following items: (Same as Second Place)
- Halo 4 "Vote" poster
- Halo 4 "Vote" sticker
- The Art of Halo 4 cover print *signed by Sparth*
- ONI Kilo-Five patch

Remember, the contest ends at 5:00pm EDT on Sunday, November 4th. Send your entries to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com before then.

Good luck!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Duncan, you're awesome.

And to add a positive follow-up on my last post, the Extraction gameplay on Meltdown footage from the 343 stream was MUCH better. The person playing seemed to really know what they were doing, used power weapons in interesting ways, succesfully predicted enemy movement, etc. And my previous post was in no way a jab at 343, just a jab at whoever was playing. :lol

Maybe it's because it took me a good hour or so getting the "If They Came to Hear Me Beg" achievement is why I have such bad memories. That and i'm accustomed to playing legendary co-op, reach was the first one I tackled by myself.

You got me beat. I never did get that achievement.

In case people haven't ventured into the review thread - Halo 4 Spartan Ops Mission One Gameplay

(the guys is frustratingly bad, but it is nice direct feed footage.)

I have to say it looks like it will be a blast with 3 others. It looked like it was fun to do solo also, but just not the way he played it haha.

So a few things:

-Grunts jump now?
-Wraith splash damage seems pretty low
-Halo 4 definitely has a glitch with sound where things just do not make noise when they should.

Pop

No visibile ranks is a good thing. If it pisses off cheesers, I'm cool with that.

To some it is, to others it's not.

I'm one of the others. People can still boost/derank without a visible rank showing, it's not going to stop people.

Top Bottom