• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Radar with faster and easier kill times, flinch, faster movement speed which makes faster getaways + sprint, Infinity, Armor Abilities on spawn all combined with crappy, individualistic playstyles..

What a frustrating experience. It's like you shouldn't care about winning and should only care about your K/D or sandbagging.

Overall though, better than without the update but the same problems might be even worse now. Still need more time to determine that.

Radar with faster and easier kill times, flinch, faster movement speed which makes faster getaways + sprint, Infinity, Armor Abilities on spawn all combined with crappy, individualistic playstyles..

What a frustrating experience. It's like you shouldn't care about winning and should only care about your K/D or sandbagging.

Overall though, better than without the update but the same problems might be even worse now. Still need more time to determine that.

shut up and play throwdown.

shut up and play throwdown.

Yeah I know, but you know how the whole "people not liking no radar" thing goes.. I'd be all for sound based radar instead of motion tracker.

I approach a red dot, that red dot sees me coming and sprints away..... Hate that shit man.

Before I even turn a corner some Fuel Rod asshole just starts spamming that shit and I'm blown to bits..... Hate that shit man.

I try to make power plays to get the flag and get better positioning but some nerds catch a glimpse of the red dot while my teammates just rack up kills in CTF and it's all for nothing because movement is gimped by motion tracker..... Hate that shit man.

Motion tracker radar.
Hate that shit man.

First game today:

fe7bLbp.png

This person's guests didn't even know how to aim.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It was more me messing with juices because he doesn't play Halo 4 and has a CSR of 6 (I think). Thanks guys!

First game of Majestic DLC and everyone's going nuts in active camo, throwing fucking pulse grenades everywhere, and using Assualt Rifle (it's OP as fuck now).

Jesus, what a fucking this game is now.

lol.

Risen

First game of Majestic DLC and everyone's going nuts in active camo, throwing fucking pulse grenades everywhere, and using Assualt Rifle (it's OP as fuck now).

Jesus, what a fucking this game is now.

Getting shit on confirmed... did the SAW get you too? Prolly the jet pack as well I'd guess. And good gawd I bet people sprinted away robbing you of your deserved kill as well eh?

Yes - particularly in Big Team.

Yeah - the individual ranked lists are kind of pointless (sans Rumble Pit maybe). However, the team win/loss lists take a fair amount of work to rank up.

Getting shit on confirmed... did the SAW get you too? Prolly the jet pack as well I'd guess. And good gawd I bet people sprinted away robbing you of your deserved kill as well eh?

You. I like you.

Everdred

Played two matches of Team Slayer, finishing with 26 and then 27 kills. Update feels great to me, but I hadn't played Halo for 6 months prior to this. I may have just missed the sandbox feel of the Halo series.

Ghazi

To clarify to everyone I haven't played an FPS game in nearly a month so I got shit on. My Halo 4 disc is in the trash basin now so you will not have to worry about this again.

Edit- I see Tashi was ahead of me there, it's nice to see someone who knows this feeling all too well explain my feeling of it to others

RdN

Well.. I tried playing some games.

First I joined in progress a match that was 2vs1, and nobody joined for the rest of it. FUN.

Next I got 4vs4 on Lockout, which was cool. New 4s BR is great, but I'm too rusty.. Need to play a bit more to get the feeling of it back.

Then I tried again, 3vs3 match, with both my team mates not playing. Again, super fun.

I feel like this, along with a properly introduced rank system could have saved Halo 4. But, at least for me, it's too late now.

blamite

I'm not going to get a chance to try the update for a few days but the SAW buff sounds as awful as I expected. The fact that the only reason given for the buff was, "well, we buffed the AR, so this should still be twice as powerful as that," wasn't really a great sign.

Played with some good folks earlier.

1) Carbine and LR boosts are pretty nice. Hard to know how primaries will shake out over the next few months
2) Game is still aurally and visually taxing. I feel drained after playing it.
3) So much camo. Was the defacto AA the opposing teams were using from what I saw. Great for camping, silly to see
4) Spawn placement and times on Simplex are fucked (not for us, the enemy team in our matches). Tashi made a good point - It's 5v5 cramped into a 4v4 map.

DeadNames

Banned
They should have just buffed the Suppressor and the Storm Rifle. The AR was fine as is.

dude brahs r u sayign u want 2 change da game to urself lel u dont own teh company camo is fine as is

Well Infinity Slayer is still Infinity Slayer.
It is cool having the static ordnance, but the maps still feel really bland.
Halo 4 struggles with the same damn issue Reach struggled with, not enough good base maps.

The BR is a lot of fun now though, trying to get that 4 shot kill is great.
The Light Rifle is really awesome, that scoped fire rate is crazy.
I wasn't having very much luck with the Carbine though..
The DMR seems to be balanced now too.

Fracas

#fuckonami
To clarify to everyone I haven't played an FPS game in nearly a month so I got shit on. My Halo 4 disc is in the trash basin now so you will not have to worry about this again.

Edit- I see Tashi was ahead of me there, it's nice to see someone who knows this feeling all too well explain my feeling of it to others

Lol you really threw away a game? Give it away to someone at least

Well I've been playing all day and enjoying it a lot. BR is so tasty. If anybody wants to play some CTF or something, hit me up: Mr Greencastle

Ghazi

I have a jar of cream I carry around for that.

:-(
Not in SWAT, right Frankie? You kick ass on that little TV in your basement right?

Lol you really threw away a game? Give it away to someone at least
I broke the case months ago while screaming "CURSE YOU DAVID ELLIS!!!" after a shitty match of Infinity Slayer on Meltdown even though David Ellis had nothing to do with MP.

None of this or me throwing away the disk is true

Alchemical

Neo Member
2) Game is still aurally and visually taxing. I feel drained after playing it.

This should be repeated to emphasise its accuracy. In audiovisual terms, I consider this game the Death Magnetic of the video game world. It is a continuous assault on the senses and is such an antithesis of CE in these terms that it almost defies comprehension. Playing the games one after the other is akin to listening to The Disintegration Tapes followed by the CD version of the most recent Slayer offering.

Fuchsdh

This should be repeated to emphasise its accuracy. In audiovisual terms, I consider this game the Death Magnetic of the video game world. It is a continuous assault on the senses and is such an antithesis of CE in these terms that it almost defies comprehension. Playing the games one after the other is akin to listening to The Disintegration Tapes followed by the CD version of the most recent Slayer offering.

In a good and a bad way (though I hate Slayer.) Most of the weapon sounds are way better than anything in CE even at the same volumes--far more meaty. On the other hand the movement is so clanging and the announcer is so incessant there's a lot of extra noise that detracts from play IMO.

Risen

In a good and a bad way (though I hate Slayer.) Most of the weapon sounds are way better than anything in CE even at the same volumes--far more meaty. On the other hand the movement is so clanging and the announcer is so incessant there's a lot of extra noise that detracts from play IMO.

The fidelity is there for sure, for me it's the location of sounds that make it distracting. Where in previous entries I could pinpoint with exact accuracy where a sound was coming from, in this game - nothing is quite right. It's off-putting...

blamite

So did the Beam Rifle end up not actually getting it's aim assist nerfed? I haven't seen anyone mention it anywhere. How'd they miss that one?

Top Bottom