• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

The fidelity is there for sure, for me it's the location of sounds that make it distracting. Where in previous entries I could pinpoint with exact accuracy where a sound was coming from, in this game - nothing is quite right. It's off-putting...

A large part of the problem is that sounds will sometimes just -not happen-. This leads to an inconsistency in your aural interpretation from moment to moment so you don't know if you can always trust your ears.

And am I the only one that absolutely fucking hates the drum cadence for flag? Unless I have my headset up loud (where every other sound is deafening), it's way too similar to footsteps.

Ghazi

So do the weapon changes also affect Campaign and SpOps or is it only limited to MP? It's feeling real good right now though.

Gui_PT

So do the weapon changes also affect Campaign and SpOps or is it only limited to MP? It's feeling real good right now though.

MP

Now nerf the Saw and Boltshot, remove Camo

We played a ctf match with no AA's which was real fun, except it was on settler and there were boltshot camo campers in the bases

MP

Now nerf the Saw and Boltshot, remove Camo

We played a ctf match with no AA's which was real fun, except it was on settler and there were boltshot camo campers in the bases

Wait until you play Longbow:

LUaXY8f.jpg

Some random asked what exactly 343 changed cause he was dying a lot, and I sent him to waypoint.

You should have said that it was his connection. He would be so paranoid after that. :p

Edit: After watching that video, Im thinking the hiring of Bravo has been a very good thing. Definitely looking better and better for H5.

is it just me or is anyone else running into an INSANE amount of people who are just not playing? I've had more teammate who sit still today than I've had in the past month or so of playing Halo 4.

I like most of the map updates a lot. Any word on if the updated version of Simplex is going to be added in? Seeing lot's of people asking for the updated Throwdown, too.

I enjoyed using the carbine a lot.

The increased sprinting speed is weird.

Bobs is a huge fan of the update.

Xand likes to complain.

Krow likes the AR.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

bananas

Banned
It's been a few months since I played Halo 4. Been PC gaming the whole time.

Is this update worth renewing my Live subscription?

As soon as they announce workable split screen multiplayer, they will have droves of fans coming back.

The awful framerate in splitscreen MP is the most disappointing thing about Halo 4 to me (well, that and the lackluster campaign). BTB is almost unplayable with a guest and that is complete bullshit.

Ghazi

It's been a few months since I played Halo 4. Been PC gaming the whole time.

Is this update worth renewing my Live subscription?

I've offered a lot of people this but if you want a 2 week trial I can give you one (I had around 30)

But yes, it's great!

Karl2177

Only having one match, I'm fairly positive. I was wrecking house with AR/Pistol. Used the BR a bit, but it still feels a bit strange. DMR feels the same. On the negative, I got a damage boost in every personal ordnance drop and it was waaaaaaaay ridiculous.

This should be repeated to emphasise its accuracy. In audiovisual terms, I consider this game the Death Magnetic of the video game world. It is a continuous assault on the senses and is such an antithesis of CE in these terms that it almost defies comprehension. Playing the games one after the other is akin to listening to The Disintegration Tapes followed by the CD version of the most recent Slayer offering.
Thank you, I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking/feeling this.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Bout to hop on and play some.

And before there's any bickering or whatever, I'll take this next OT coming up soon.

Ghazi

Does the update only work in online matchmaking?

Downloaded the game mode after playing it online and it doesn't work offline.

It's in the playlist or online data I believe, so no it doesn't work offline.

I'm slightly confused though since you had the game mode.

Does the update only work in online matchmaking?

Downloaded the game mode after playing it online and it doesn't work offline.

You mean customs?

Has there been a spike in online population? It was pretty low the last time I played.

You know, i think there might be a bug or something cause sometimes i log in and theres like 100 people playing the whole game... Like 20 people per playlist. That cant be right.

stktt

Banned
I haven't played since January. Are the updates that have been applied since then enough to warrant playing again? Is there still something resembling a decent multiplayer population?

Top Bottom