• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

I was watching the Tsquared video on Gamespot just now...

Tsquared said "I wouldn't give this a 10 because of the DLC, I don't like how we don't have this stuff on the disc and playable now"

*sigh*

lol tell him to stick to playing games.

Victrix

*beard*
???

I hate DLC and Halo 4 is one of the least offensive big releases I've ever seen. Free Spartan Ops for 10 weeks and $25 for every map?

edit: Even if Spartan Ops could have been on the disc from the getgo, $25 is still reasonable in comparison to the competition, ignoring multi/campaign/forge entirely

Badgerst3

Excited. A tight 6 hour campaign is better than a 20 hour average campaign.

Add in weekly coop missions. Sold. 343- going day 1 here. Take my money.

And thanks for not charging money for mission add ons.

zap

I dunno, he seems to want to have all of Spartan Ops available now (despite it not being finished yet).He doesn't seem to realise that Spartan Ops is free (and unfinished) and you can buy the map packs cheaper with a pass (or get it as part of the LE) - a pretty good DLC system.

He also thought that the ordnance meter was his sprint meter, until it was pointed out to him by the other hosts...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I disagree, because I play with friends and wouldn't have that issue.
The lack of FF makes all your play a lot more halfhazard, you see the player tossing grenades towards the ball, even though his team mate is right on top of it.

So not for what I look for in Halo.

i can see where playing with good people, its a negative. it will change your strategy, and undeniably simplify the game a bit, but most of my games were with at least a portion of my team being randoms. the positives for me far outweigh the cost.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfw6ZVrsa2Q&feature=g-u-u

New vid from Bravo. All starting armor and loadouts and shit.
Good video. Kinda sucks a lot of the unlocks are fairly far out in terms of SR.

SWAT gameplay by 343i's David Ellis

http://youtu.be/zS4YntqCbbs?hd=1

Recorded from the San Francisco review event. As much as I could've played, David was more than happy to take the wheel and make the gameplay look slick.
...what's the reasoning behind SWAT having instant spawn? Wtf I thought that'd be one of the few gametypes they don't enable that for.

I dunno, he seems to want to have all of Spartan Ops available now (despite it not being finished yet). I dunno, he doesn't seem to realise that Spartan Ops is free (and unfinished) and you can buy the map packs cheaper with a pass (or get it as part of the LE) - a pretty good DLC system.

He also thought that the ordnance meter was his sprint meter, until it was pointed out to him by the other hosts...

He just seems misinformed. Id understand if it was all done and they just held it back. But they genuinely seem honest about it not being done so i dont see the issue. If thats the only gripe he has, and its not even correct, i think we're ok.

He just seems misinformed. Id understand if it was all done and they just held it back. But they genuinely seem honest about it not being done so i dont see the issue. If thats the only gripe he has, and its not even correct, i think we're ok.

Pretty sure he was talking about MP maps since he said he wanted the game to launch with a set of around 15 maps.

T-Squared is mentally retarded.

I'm noticing a pattern of people who are better than you at certain video games also have some kind of disability or negative attribute you like to point out.

"fat asian kid"
"autism"
"mentally retarded"

It reminds of a friend of mine after we lose to a good team in Gears. "Yeah, these kids have NEVER seen a vagina in real life. Fuck 'em"

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dumb question: I just redeemed 3 Doritos Double XP codes, and I got 9 dxp matches. I just put in 3 entries to the prize drawings, does that detract from my 9 dxp matches I just banked?

Pretty sure he was talking about MP maps since he said he wanted the game to launch with a set of around 15 maps.

That i agree with tho. 10 is pathetic to me. Ill go through that and be fed up in about 2 days. And thats assuming every map is in all playlists which we all know arent. MP games should always ship with at least 13 to 15 maps. Minimum.

That i agree with tho. 10 is pathetic to me. Ill go through that and be fed up in about 2 days. And thats assuming every map is in all playlists which we all know arent. MP games should always ship with at least 13 to 15 maps. Minimum.

Gotta hand it to Modern Warfare, all of those games launched with 16 fucking maps on disk.

Hopefully Halo 4's on disk Forge maps are good. That would bring the map total to 13 I guess.

I'm REALLY surprised that they don't have one variant of each Forge palette in the playlists. Easy way to bump the map count and still maintain visual differences.

Toddler

New hotness

23e0c1b6248511e2a0d822000a1f9a12_7.jpg

I'm REALLY surprised that they don't have one variant of each Forge palette in the playlists. Easy way to bump the map count and still maintain visual differences.

I assumed theyd do that. But i guess all the bitching of the Reach forge maps scared them. They werent "properly" built from the ground up....

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

If Spartan Ops was done I wouldn't be in the office working on missions right now. I wish it was done. :)

I assumed theyd do that. But i guess all the bitching of the Reach forge maps scared them. They werent "properly" built from the ground up....

Yeah, I understand the Forge fear but right now it's all new, so it's all good. :/ Oh well, what am I saying, I'm sure down the road they'll be in there on the community gets going.

Seance

Banned
So with no health in Halo 4 I have a question about Swat. Will headshots be the only thing that can kill players or will you be able to hit someone enough times in the body?

Spawns on FFA SWAT on Abandon look pretty bad :/

It's possible to have good spawns in SWAT? Let alone FFA SWAT?

Woorloog

Banned
Dont stop i want my SO missions!!! ;)

And while at it, make another season. Or more preferrably, re-create missions, operations etc stuff from books and other Halo media. Will pay.

In a way, i'm looking forward to SpOps even more than the campaign, for 10 years or so i've waited for single player DLC missions... SpOps is close enough (being designed for co-op but playable in SP as well).

kylej

Banned
I'm noticing a pattern of people who are better than you at certain video games also have some kind of disability or negative attribute you like to point out.

"fat asian kid"
"autism"
"mentally retarded"

It reminds of a friend of mine after we lose to a good team in Gears. "Yeah, these kids have NEVER seen a vagina in real life. Fuck 'em"

If you notice patterns in what I say about MLG players on a video game message board, you need to find a job.

If you notice patterns in what I say about MLG players on a video game message board, you need to find a job.

Maybe he's getting paid by the hour at a desk job where he has nothing better to do then browse GAF. And he's getting paid to point this out.

by Dr. Pepper

And while at it, make another season. Or more preferrably, re-create missions, operations etc stuff from books and other Halo media. Will pay.

In a way, i'm looking forward to SpOps even more than the campaign, for 10 years or so i've waited for single player DLC missions... SpOps is close enough (being designed for co-op but playable in SP as well).

That to me is a lot more interesting than firefight. Hell, they can even fix some pothential SP plot holes with SO eventually. Its actually pretty brilliant when u think about it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Holy shit, so all we need to do is create a fat, asian, autistic kid with down syndrome and we will have a legitimate "The Wizard."

Now that I remember that movie, that kid actually did have a mental issue.

Oh well.

Speaking of headsets, what would be the best one to get if you don't want to sacrifice your 5.1 setup? I was looking at the Gamecom X10, are there any comparable alternatives?

Basically, I'd like something that only transmits voices and is better quality than the default 360 headset.

Top Bottom