• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Omni

Each update fucked up some aspect of the game.

Suppression Buff
M26 Glitch
AUGA3 M320 smoke glitch
FAMAS retardification

Not worthwhile IMO

Not so bad at the moment. They fixed all of those things. (FAMAS was blatantly OP before. Still useful now... but that discussion is for the BF3 OT, haha)

TheOddOne

Huge. New weapons, vehicles, UI changes, map edits and general gameplay changes. Usually above 1GB each. (there have been several so far)

Probably not on the scale as implementing theatre in campaign but still pretty damn big.
Cool! First time I've heard that done on consoles, thought it was mostly pc games.

Raide

They could do it. It's possible to add new objects to the maps after the fact (as long as they don't alter old ones)

Would be nice. Often we get all the Playlists, weapon tweaks and new MP maps but we often get nothing for Forge. Sure some of the maps are usable in Forge but they most end up being full of stuff already. Not that great for forge.

If they could do an update, this is what I would want.

Build Map in Forge. Once I am happy with the layout, flow and feel, then I can use a setting that converts the map into a Snow Covered version, Grass overgrown or a Sand version etc. Kinda like the way they pre-bake the shadows in, once I have finished, I can pre-bake some snow stuff in it based upon the various heights of the maps and also places under-cover.

triggaz

Banned
Played a little Reach tonight in anticipation. Damn I forgot how awesome Big Team Battle matches in Halo are.

And honestly pretty gutted about no firefight hope it comes in the form of dlc probably won't though. Spartan ops seems cool and almost every game has a "horde" mode now But I think Reach's implementation of it was my favorite.

Omni

Played a little Reach tonight in anticipation. Damn I forgot how awesome Big Team Battle matches in Halo are.

And honestly pretty gutted about no firefight hope it comes in the form of dlc probably won't though. Spartan ops seems cool and almost every game has a "horde" mode now But I think Reach's implementation of it was my favorite.

Reach Firefight sucked ass. They took the only thing going for it (the survival aspect in ODST) and exchanged it for unlimited FRGs and jetpacks. Egh

im really really impressed so far. the first two chapters i thought were very samey and kinda slow...then all of a sudden the game REALLY flexes its muscles. amazing stuff so far, really enjoyable - im noticing there is a lot more freedom in how you take on missions and objectives. some of the levels are really well designed.

triggaz

Banned
Reach Firefight sucked ass. They took the only thing going for it (the survival aspect in ODST) and exchanged it for unlimited FRGs and jetpacks. Egh

Uhmmm Jetpack and Rockets were fucking awesome. And to be fair to your point I really don't have any RL friends who play Halo so ODST's lack of matchmaking in Firefight limited my experience with it.

Also I"m on the outskirts regarding reach anyway. I personally think it's the best Halo game to date.

Omni

Uhmmm Jetpack and Rockets were fucking awesome. And to be fair to your point I really don't have any RL friends who play Halo so ODST's lack of matchmaking in Firefight limited my experience with it.

Also I"m on the outskirts regarding reach anyway. I personally think it's the best Halo game to date.

Egh.

What time is FuD coming, guys? Is tonight the final episode or is there one next week?

Raide

I was thinking about the Halo 4 AA's and how some of them would be pretty cool for a FireFight mode. The Personal Ordnance stuff would be cool, as well as the Hardlight Shield, the Turret etc. Mix that in with a Dominion base that upgrades and spawns vehicles etc and you could have some awesome stuff happening!

Pop

I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. I never hated a halo like I do with Reach.

Egh.

What time is FuD coming, guys? Is tonight the final episode or is there one next week?

Final episode

GloveSlap

So are they going to reset the stats on the early players on release day? It would be nice if everyone started equal on the first day.

Ken

So are they going to reset the stats on the early players on release day? It would be nice if everyone started equal on the first day.

I recall them doing a credit reset for Reach come launch day but it wouldn't bother me if they didn't.

GloveSlap

I recall them doing a credit reset for Reach come launch day but it wouldn't bother me if they didn't.

I care just because of the load outs. I don't want to be running around with an AR if people are going to start with BRs/DMRs. Im sure it would be a small number of people that played early but still.

Ken

I care just because of the load outs. I don't want to be running around with an AR if people are going to start with BRs/DMRs. Im sure it would be a small number of people that played early but still.

Wouldn't you only be matched up against people around your level, so people with around the same number of unlocks as you? Also, since skins unlock the weapon too people will be running around with BRs from rank 1 anyways.

Also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43857129&postcount=11760

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So with the Title Updates seemingly being substantial in nature, what are the chances Halo 4 is using the new update delivery system that Minecraft 360 employed?

That would be too awesome.

So with the Title Updates seemingly being substantial in nature, what are the chances Halo 4 is using the new update delivery system that Minecraft 360 employed?

That would be too awesome.
Halo 4 is already using Microsoft's new cloud service Azure. So yeah. I think there is a big opportunity that they used the same update delivery system as Minecraft 360. (Btw are there any articles about Minecrafts 360 Update system?)

Defect

I hear this a lot I just dont get it.
Only bkrandyscrubs enjoy Reach.

Shitty Bloom, shitty maps, shitty forge, shitty playlists, shitty campaign, shitty armor abilities, shitty sprint, shitty movement and jump height, shitty Firefight, shitty theater, shitty Arena and ranking system, shitty shit.

Am I missing something?

Shitty Bloom, shitty maps, shitty forge, shitty playlists, shitty campaign, shitty armor abilities, shitty sprint, shitty movement and jump height, shitty Firefight, shitty theater, shitty Arena and ranking system, shitty shit.

Am I missing something?

Hey, don't be so negative. Sprint was perfectly fine.

Tokubetsu

Am I missing something?

haters hang theyselves

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Looks like I will get my copy tomorrow. It's alright if I play it then correct?

Mupod

Item out for delivery

OH SHIT. I'm from Northern Ontario, I've never gotten ANYTHING early before. I was hoping I'd have my new headphones before I got the game though.

Future Shop said I'd get a discount on a Revengeance preorder with Halo 4, but I haven't seen anything like that yet. If there's no promo code on the receipt in the box I'll email about it I guess.

Is a real possibility to get me one copy of this baby here in Madrid later on today.

Never been this hype for a Halo game. I hope it delivers.

Yager

Banned
Is a real possibility to get me one copy of this baby here in Madrid later on today.

Never been this hype for a Halo game. I hope it delivers.

I read in another place that in Gold Price they're getting it at 5pm, and they'll be selling it. Make a call and ask!

Yuck. Every Firefight round went the same way. Everyone jetpacking above the enemy landing spot, and then pumping the ground where they'll land with rockets. Rinse. Repeat. Became so boring, so fast, which is probably why it appeared to die off so quickly.

triggaz

Banned
I see some of you guys are about to get your copies today. Is MS still banning early players or are you guys just going offline or gonna wait till tues?

I always started out with the Plasma Launcher/Sword loadout. Then if I died, Armor Lock/Shotgun/Grenade Launcher. On my third death I'd go Jetpack, but go pick up my Grenade Launcher/Sword, it's a waaaaaay more entertaining way to play firefight. Sword's mostly for crowd control in case you get mobbed by Elites or anything.

Top Bottom