• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Can you give me a link where he said that? I really want to be sure.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43887363&postcount=12532

This, is Frankie.

iV6mBQFdVpxnX.gif

Omni

If much rather see theater than campaign scoring. Though theater is obviosley harder to implement.

I'm the opposite. At the very least, if scoring was implemented speed runs and whatnot would still be possible and accurate. And I can't imagine that it would be that hard to implement (well it might be difficult now because the game has already gone gold, but in development).

I don't even know what they'd have to do to implement theatre into the game after launch. Seems like a massive job, unless the groundwork is still there of course.

I can't believe the game was spoiled for me this close to launch. :\
Sucks bro.

Omni

I pre-ordered the Limi ted Edition a few months back.

Does the Forward Unto Dawn series come with it? I never got around to watching it.

It comes with a code or something so you can stream it from Waypoint. Or you could just watch it whenever on Youtube, or wait for the blu-ray release.

Oozer3993

I pre-ordered the Limi ted Edition a few months back.

Does the Forward Unto Dawn series come with it? I never got around to watching it.

The Limited Edition comes with the following Forward Unto Dawn related extras:

* The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.
* Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
* Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
* Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Am I reading the Eurogamer review wrong?

I'm not sure where they got that from, but you CANNOT aim down the sights in Halo 4.

It's in the tactical packages dropped into multiplayer when you score the requisite kill streak, and in the perks and customisable dog-tags: all the borrowed trappings of Infinity Ward's success added to the Halo recipe. It is, most obviously, in the control scheme, which for the first time allows you to discard your Halo muscle memory in favour of Modern Warfare's, aiming down the iron sights with a squeeze of the left trigger.

They lied.

Also, ordnance does not come from just kill streaks.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep

I personally have not read their review but from other reviews and gaffers who have obtained copies there are no iron sights.

Also, Penny Arcades two cents about overall experience.

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/11/02/assassins-steed

I told you that I would never take a job at 343 Industries, because their task was impossible; it’s all the more startling, then, that they managed to accomplish it.

It’s the best Halo campaign of the series, I don’t think there’s really going to be much of a debate there. Because the human brain is a Goddamned, stupid anachronism and barely up the fucking task, if Halo 4 had simply been as good as the previous games it would have been a failure. It is, in actual fact, a game that will make you give a shit about Halo. I had more narrative buy-in after the first ten minutes than any other game in the series managed to generate by the end.

When Bungie checked one of these things in, their games were “Halo” virtually by definition. That wasn’t the case for this team. They had to earn it. And by God, they did.

Syriel

I can't tell if you're knocking that or you're praising it.

That is a comment that can be taken either way depending on what you're looking for in the game.

For some, it'll be a positive.
For others, a negative.

That's why I included it, as comments like those give a better description to the reader than a score ever could.

m23

What!? You can aim down the iron sights now?

Different control layout where rather than clicking the thumbstick to zoom, you use left trigger to zoom in, like Cod. I think the layout is called Fishstick. It is not iron sight, just different button to zoom.

KageMaru

Has this been posted yet? Al posted it at B3D:

Is it true that Theater isn't available in Campaign and Opartan ops? If so, what was the reasoning behind this and will there be a future patch or download to fix this? - unip8
Theater Mode in Campaign did not make the cut for launch for various reasons of scheduling, rendering issues and some significant engine changes. However, we are treating Title Updates very differently for Halo 4 and rather than simply using them as opportunities for simple big fixes, we are thinking of them as a way to sustain and grow features and options, so it is possible you could see Saved Films made available for Campaign (as well as some other significant features) at some time in the not-too-distant future, but that's yet to be determined.

More at the link:

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2012/11/01/The-Halo-Bulletin-11112-.aspx

suikodan

For those who played the game, I only want to know one thing please.

Does the Halo theme appear in the game?

Sec0nd

I hope I can enjoy the multiplayer as much as I did the previous 3 games. I really didn't like Reach at all. But the older Halo games were the best MP games I have and probably will ever play.

MrBig

How old is Master Chief in Halo 4?

Why hasn't the Master Chief been promoted?

iirc Master Chief is the highest rank a drafted soldier can earn. Higher ranks are for officers.

So how do the two discs work? I prefer to have my games installed on my HDD.

Second disc installs data itself, it does not act as an installed game. You can install disc 1 and launch the full game from that normally.

Top Bottom